Gender Discussion #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a discussion on the last thread re: mixed gender wards in hospitals. This actually happens where I live and I can tell you it's extremely uncomfortable. I was recovering from a hysterectomy and the guy in the bed next to mine had hepatitis to the point he looked like an inhabitant of Springfield. He'd picked it up from a sex worker in Thailand and I had to listen to him arguing with his wife the whole 5 days I was in there. Not to mention going to the bathroom in a hospital gown trying to keep it shut at the back whilst steering my drip.

I've just had minor surgery at a different hospital which has women-only wards and I just felt so much more able to relax without being conscious of not having a bra on.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with a man identifying as a woman being in there pre-op either, same goes for prisons etc.

We are different biologically and that's an incontrovertible fact. Our safety and comfort as women is being pushed to the side, like we haven't gone through enough as a biological female anyway.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
There's a new cafe opening near me - Queer, Yiddish, Pay what you can

it's got a sign in the Window saying

No Cops - No TERFS 🤨🤨🤨

I'm desparate to ask if there's a male version of a TERF???

I won't be frequenting this establishment. I'll continue going to the one further along the road that been run by the 2 gay guys for years. They don't seem to have problems welcoming everybody!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
There's a new cafe opening near me - Queer, Yiddish, Pay what you can

it's got a sign in the Window saying

No Cops - No TERFS 🤨🤨🤨

I'm desparate to ask if there's a male version of a TERF???

I won't be frequenting this establishment. I'll continue going to the one further along the road that been run by the 2 gay guys for years. They don't seem to have problems welcoming everybody!!!
Don;t worry, they'll be gone soon.

Reactions: 12
Think this comes under the saying "just because you can do something-
There was a discussion on the last thread re: mixed gender wards in hospitals. This actually happens where I live and I can tell you it's extremely uncomfortable. I was recovering from a hysterectomy and the guy in the bed next to mine had hepatitis to the point he looked like an inhabitant of Springfield. He'd picked it up from a sex worker in Thailand and I had to listen to him arguing with his wife the whole 5 days I was in there. Not to mention going to the bathroom in a hospital gown trying to keep it shut at the back whilst steering my drip.

I've just had minor surgery at a different hospital which has women-only wards and I just felt so much more able to relax without being conscious of not having a bra on.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with a man identifying as a woman being in there pre-op either, same goes for prisons etc.

We are different biologically and that's an incontrovertible fact. Our safety and comfort as women is being pushed to the side, like we haven't gone through enough as a biological female anyway.
My best mate has a story from a hospital. Male identified as a woman was on the same ward as him. Said person demanded to be treated like a woman in all respects. Surgeon doing the operation pointed out gently they'd need a catheter post op. Person demanded a female one. Was told biologically not possible. Screamed the ward down and demanded one and got a hospital big wig in. Was told the only option wasn't to have one. Said yes. Only to be told- they'd have to sit in a pool of urine for days which would lead to infection and possible rotting of the wound and sepsis and possible death.

They had the male catheter post op....and nobody, no nurses, Dr's, fellow patients would talk to them afterwards until they left.

My Mum ended up on a male ward all be it separately and she was treated like royalty by the staff- as it was rare for females to go onto that ward. Nurses gave her mags, papers and chatted about shopping etc. Just amazing caring staff.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Think this comes under the saying "just because you can do something-

My best mate has a story from a hospital. Male identified as a woman was on the same ward as him. Said person demanded to be treated like a woman in all respects. Surgeon doing the operation pointed out gently they'd need a catheter post op. Person demanded a female one. Was told biologically not possible. Screamed the ward down and demanded one and got a hospital big wig in. Was told the only option wasn't to have one. Said yes. Only to be told- they'd have to sit in a pool of urine for days which would lead to infection and possible rotting of the wound and sepsis and possible death.

They had the male catheter post op....and nobody, no nurses, Dr's, fellow patients would talk to them afterwards until they left.

My Mum ended up on a male ward all be it separately and she was treated like royalty by the staff- as it was rare for females to go onto that ward. Nurses gave her mags, papers and chatted about shopping etc. Just amazing caring staff.
Absolutely shocking. Scarily though, I can see situations like this becoming more and more common.
I’m a mental health nurse and one of the female wards I trained on had a male patient who identified as female just before I started. From what I heard, the individual was respectful but I was really surprised by it. Many many female patients in inpatient MH care have a diagnosis of personality disorder, where experiences of sexual trauma are prevalent. This obviously goes for other acute mental health problems (bipolar, schizophrenia/schizoaffective) too. It also goes without saying how vulnerable people often are by the time they reach acute inpatient care.
Apparently the other patients on the ward were accepting of the MtF individual (or so they say!). I can’t help wondering though if someone had objected, what would have happened? Who’s feelings would have been put first in this scenario? I really do hope it would have been the woman’s.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I am SO glad that I’ve found this thread. I thought that I was the only one who is just completely gobsmacked by it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I am SO glad that I’ve found this thread. I thought that I was the only one who is just completely gobsmacked by it all.
Welcome. I think it surprises people when they take the time to read here to see we are not “phobic” but rather very legitimately concerned about rights and safety and the freedom to articulate that concern.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
David Paisley saw a suffragette ribbon and ran to the police to claim it was a noose. I'm in disbelief
He’s a spiteful, 2 bit crappy actor prick. He has a real issue with women standing up for ourselves. He blocked me on Twitter and I blocked him straight back as he’s very vindictive.

Horrified by this update. I'm in Scotland and really despair. It really makes me think twice about speaking and posting online. Oh god I'm angry! Women are being systematically silenced but then threatening tweets like the one above are ok?!!

I'll be looking out for any crowd funding for Marion and will be contributing.
I’ve locked my Twitter down. I’m scared to say anything in the wake of this

Reactions: 11
Absolutely shocking. Scarily though, I can see situations like this becoming more and more common.
I’m a mental health nurse and one of the female wards I trained on had a male patient who identified as female just before I started. From what I heard, the individual was respectful but I was really surprised by it. Many many female patients in inpatient MH care have a diagnosis of personality disorder, where experiences of sexual trauma are prevalent. This obviously goes for other acute mental health problems (bipolar, schizophrenia/schizoaffective) too. It also goes without saying how vulnerable people often are by the time they reach acute inpatient care.
Apparently the other patients on the ward were accepting of the MtF individual (or so they say!). I can’t help wondering though if someone had objected, what would have happened? Who’s feelings would have been put first in this scenario? I really do hope it would have been the woman’s.
Its so telling to me that as a man who has chosen to identify as a woman, they want to be on a female ward because they aren’t comfortable around men. Yet they expect women to be comfortable around them? If as a biological man you aren’t comfortable, is it any bleeping wonder biological women aren’t? It’s great that those women were so accommodating but I despise that they had to be in the first place. Especially given their history :(

This gives a brief overview

David is a failed actor and a gay man who has said a lot of horrible things about GC women and GC gay men - one of the tweets she is being investigated for was a retweet of a photo of a suffragette ribbon and she hashtagged it #actorsnamehateswomen (I've censored to not get in trouble) - apparently he has said that it is a death threat and that the ribbon was a noose, which is possibly why she's being charged with homophobic tweets as well as transphobic tweets.

The ribbon was one similar to those used in Scotland here on IWD - https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-great-ribbon-terror/comment-page-1/
Thats very helpful thank you :)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@philheybrookbay - you said this on the previous thread-
I’ll say one final thing. This darned explosion of Drag isn't helping matters- it's mudding the waters to such a degree that all kids want to be in a frock and make upon a weekend.

Whoever pushed for drag to be mainstream entertainment has done a good job. Mylene Klass held a drag theme party for her young daughter’s birthday at the weekend. I was a bit aghast at that. I don’t find drag entertainment at all, and highly suspect with misogynistic attitudes to women.

Edited to add link
This drag comes from Ru Paul. What's more astounding is the sheer two faced nature of the chap. Take the current Australian version. There's a competitor who has done black face, been caught out and you'd expect them to be off the show. Oh no, Ru Paul literally spouted some rubbish about have you learned your lesson and just accepted it. Whilst claiming we need full equality on all things. It's so fake...

• Wow
Reactions: 9
This drag comes from Ru Paul. What's more astounding is the sheer two faced nature of the chap. Take the current Australian version. There's a competitor who has done black face, been caught out and you'd expect them to be off the show. Oh no, Ru Paul literally spouted some rubbish about have you learned your lesson and just accepted it. Whilst claiming we need full equality on all things. It's so fake...
I’ve never been comfortable with drag, even as a kid many years ago when about the only drag act you saw on tv was Danny la Rue (I’m old!) it didn’t sit right with me. The older I’ve got and the more mainstream drag has become it has become more blatantly misogynistic. It was always a way to take the piss out of women but now it is beginning to feel really spiteful and deeply unpleasant. I genuinely don’t understand why it has become so popular, what is the fascination?

Reactions: 16
Don;t worry, they'll be gone soon.
WTF! I'm bisexual, speak Yiddish, but am gender critical. Would I be welcome?? (Of course not :ROFLMAO: )

Seriously though, that sounds like a very odd establishment.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I dislike the way that children's events are being organised around drag (a friend took her baby to baby drag bingo - the women in the audience fawning and fangirling) and that parents are using it as performative wokeness (exhibit A - Myleene). Drag's history was about the deliberate parody of fixed gender roles and sexuality - just because there's glitter, wigs, fun colours etc, it doesn't mean it's appropriate for children.

• Wow
It’s so heartening to see more people coming over to this thread, especially in light of recent events with Stonewall and the ridiculousness of Marion Millar being charged with a ‘hate crime’ after posting an image of suffragette ribbons.

Welcome to any new members of this thread. We are people who are concerned with the erosion of women and girl’s rights and the invasion of male bodied people into our female only spaces as outlined in the Equality Act.
We are not hateful, anti-Semitic or bigoted, as many of these TRAs would have you believe. Neither are we ‘funded by some right-wing evangelical Christian group’, which is another lie they tell. Most of us are ordinary women and men who can see through the misogyny disguised as ‘trans rights.’ We are also very concerned about the medical pathways that vulnerable children are being led down, often by unscrupulous adult groomers on social media sites such as Tik Tok and Instagram.

Most trans identified men are autogynephiles, which means that they derive sexual pleasure from dressing and seeing themselves as women. Many of them seem to derive extreme pleasure from invading women’s spaces and intimidating women in these spaces. There are Twitter accounts (NSFW) that document grim photos and videos of what these men get up to in women’s spaces. Some of these men absolutely hate women, as they know they can never be like us and they use this hatred to threaten, doxx and throw slurs such as TERF at us. It’s even more upsetting that there are women who have been brainwashed by this nonsense too, but little by little it seems that more people are ‘peaking.’

The more we speak up and out, the more people will realise just how insidious this trans movement is and how detrimental it is for so many people, least not biological women. Thank you for coming to my TED talk. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I just got banned from twitter for the second time, haha.

I read the email they sent and I got banned because I told someone to hide their Adam’s apple whilst preaching feminism. I can’t stop laughing that out of all of the stuff I’ve said on there that is what gets me banned haha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I just got banned from twitter for the second time, haha.

I read the email they sent and I got banned because I told someone to hide their Adam’s apple whilst preaching feminism. I can’t stop laughing that out of all of the stuff I’ve said on there that is what gets me banned haha.
duck em! I’m surprised I haven’t been banned from Twitter yet. I was suspended the other day for saying someone deserved a slap. Meanwhile men threatening women with guns and death threats aren’t banned. I think we all know whose side Twitter is on.😡

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.