Gender Discussion #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Myleene Klass has always been a total attention seeker, this is all about her and nothing to do with her daughter

This is what Marion has been charged with

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
ETA: SqualorVictoria beat me to it. So the ‘offending’ tweet was just...haberdashery....

Reactions: 7
Myleene Klass has always been a total attention seeker, this is all about her and nothing to do with her daughter

oh my god

Reactions: 5
David Paisley saw a suffragette ribbon and ran to the police to claim it was a noose. I'm in disbelief

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Horrified by this update. I'm in Scotland and really despair. It really makes me think twice about speaking and posting online. Oh god I'm angry! Women are being systematically silenced but then threatening tweets like the one above are ok?!!

I'll be looking out for any crowd funding for Marion and will be contributing.

Reactions: 16

Jesus! Poor Marion. It’s ridiculous

Reactions: 6
Oh duck OFFFFFFFFFFFF! It’s bad enough we aren’t allowed to say pregnant women, it’s the fact we will NEVER see ‘erectile dysfunction tablets for people’ or multiple charities for male illnesses renaming it ‘Movember for people with testicles’. Someone at uni emailed me with she/her after her name this week and it enraged me for the day- her name is something clearly for women eg. Julie and I’ve seen her on Zoom... clearly a woman. I wanted to write back with (woman) but I’m too scared they’ll think I’m being facetious.

Reactions: 23
I bleeping despair honestly. My rape at a university party when I was 18 years old had FIVE witnesses. It never reached the court room. The detective blamed my drinking and told me to let it go.

But woah tweet a suffragette ribbon online and the police will come and get you! Do people actually just hate women? Is that what this is?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
and this is how rumours start

Screenshot 2021-06-03 18.49.56.png

In a week people will be saying Marion was physically chasing after transwomen in the street with a chainsaw and a hockey mask.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Oh duck OFFFFFFFFFFFF! It’s bad enough we aren’t allowed to say pregnant women, it’s the fact we will NEVER see ‘erectile dysfunction tablets for people’ or multiple charities for male illnesses renaming it ‘Movember for people with testicles’. Someone at uni emailed me with she/her after her name this week and it enraged me for the day- her name is something clearly for women eg. Julie and I’ve seen her on Zoom... clearly a woman. I wanted to write back with (woman) but I’m too scared they’ll think I’m being facetious.
I saw this on several peoples names from the same council, male and female. It looks like they were told to do this. It must be hard to push back if everybody around you is doing it.

A few have started to do this where I work. I have no doubt we will be asked to do it. I won’t.

Reactions: 9
For duck'S SAKE.

It is WOMEN who get pregnant and give birth. WOMEN who are physically disadvantaged by our capacity to bear children. WOMEN who go through abortions, miscarriages, relinquishing babies, genital mutilation, rape, forced marriage.

WOMEN.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I am woefully uneducated it seems and neither understand the context of Marion's initial tweet or the response to it from this David fellow, would someone mind explaining if possible at all please? Thank you in advance from the fool lol

Reactions: 2
Recently all of the female only Facebook groups I was in have changed their names so that trans people and non binary are welcome. (e.g. 'Women's talk' becomes 'let's talk')

I don’t feel comfortable at all with it, but I'd probably be kicked out anyway for saying so. Why aren't women allowed their own spaces now without worrying about men talking over us?

• Sad
Reactions: 21
The Times is reporting the ribbon tweet is one of six - I've run out of free articles for the week, can anyone else see the whole thing? This share token might work:

Reactions: 2
I am woefully uneducated it seems and neither understand the context of Marion's initial tweet or the response to it from this David fellow, would someone mind explaining if possible at all please? Thank you in advance from the fool lol
This gives a brief overview

David is a failed actor and a gay man who has said a lot of horrible things about GC women and GC gay men - one of the tweets she is being investigated for was a retweet of a photo of a suffragette ribbon and she hashtagged it #actorsnamehateswomen (I've censored to not get in trouble) - apparently he has said that it is a death threat and that the ribbon was a noose, which is possibly why she's being charged with homophobic tweets as well as transphobic tweets.

The ribbon was one similar to those used in Scotland here on IWD - https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-great-ribbon-terror/comment-page-1/

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.