Gender Discussion #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bad news:

This is the lady in Scotland who was invited to interview over a tweet, we do not yet know which the offending tweet is but she has been charged. This is an outrage.

Eta:

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Bad news:

This is the lady in Scotland who was invited to interview over a tweet, we do not yet know which the offending tweet is but she has been charged. This is an outrage.
It is truly awful. I follow Marion and tweet similar things to her, if there is a crowdfund I will happily contribute.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
@Vanelope, the one thing I'd say about these teeny-bop genders is that identifying as cat gender or plushsomnigender does not (yet anyway) require medicalization.

Reactions: 8
It is truly awful. I follow Marion and tweet similar things to her, if there is a crowdfund I will happily contribute.
Scary because I worry I may have tweeted something 'worse' than what she might have done ( I doubt she has tweeted anything bad at all). I honestly thought it would be found to be over nothing but it looks like they are doubling down 😔. I'm not in Scotland, but England, but the precedent is being set and it's worrying. May stick to retweets rather than my own, ugh I dunno.

Reactions: 10
@philheybrookbay - you said this on the previous thread-
I’ll say one final thing. This darned explosion of Drag isn't helping matters- it's mudding the waters to such a degree that all kids want to be in a frock and make upon a weekend.

Whoever pushed for drag to be mainstream entertainment has done a good job. Mylene Klass held a drag theme party for her young daughter’s birthday at the weekend. I was a bit aghast at that. I don’t find drag entertainment at all, and highly suspect with misogynistic attitudes to women.

Edited to add link

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Bad news:

This is really, really scary. I'm hesitant to even comment on here now tbh. That poor woman. Really curious what the offending tweet is that 'warrants' charge.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I feel sick to my stomach. Do we even know what she is being charged with or what the tweet was?

Reactions: 12
I feel sick to my stomach. Do we even know what she is being charged with or what the tweet was?
Not known as yet I I hazard a guess they won't be allowed to say which tweet until the court date. I follow her and I haven't seen anything hateful, just sticking up for rights. Hopefully it will get thrown out at court. Terrifying how powerful peoples' feelings are over womens factual reality. This lady apparently has disabled kids and has been worried sick.

Edit:

The charge:

But offending tweet still unknown but if you check her feed it's pro-women not hateful.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Apparently she has not even been told what the offending tweet was.

So, you cannot debate this issue anywhere then? Unless her tweet was defamatory against a particular person of course. Why on earth will they not even disclose the content? It is like living somewhere like North Korea.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Not yet. Make no mistake, the Scottish gov are at war with women defending their rights yet the sheep mindlessly voted them back in in May. Don't come crying to me when you've no rights left.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Apparently she has not even been told what the offending tweet was.

So, you cannot debate this issue anywhere then? Unless her tweet was defamatory against a particular person of course. Why on earth will they not even disclose the content? It is like living somewhere like North Korea.
How can you be charged for something and not even be told what that is? 💀 Dear god our society is turning more dystopian everyday.

Reactions: 19
Oh no :( And the new hate crime laws aren't even active in the main yet up here. It's going to be a nightmare.

Reactions: 7
How can you be charged for something and not even be told what that is? 💀 Dear god our society is turning more dystopian everyday.
It's possible she may have been told today but perhaps we won't get to hear until the court date? Im not sure how it all works, but until today Marion was saying she wasn't told which tweets. I'm watching Twitter for updates.

Reactions: 2
I’ll say one final thing. This darned explosion of Drag isn't helping matters- it's mudding the waters to such a degree that all kids want to be in a frock and make upon a weekend.

Whoever pushed for drag to be mainstream entertainment has done a good job. Mylene Klass held a drag theme party for her young daughter’s birthday at the weekend. I was a bit aghast at that. I don’t find drag entertainment at all, and highly suspect with misogynistic attitudes to women.

Edited to add link
I don't mind it, but its definitely adult entertainment. I wouldn't throw a wap themed party for my kid either.

Reactions: 6
It's possible she may have been told today but perhaps we won't get to hear until the court date? Im not sure how it all works, but until today Marion was saying she wasn't told which tweets. I'm watching Twitter for updates.
I really hope she has been told at the very least, although not sure it makes much difference at this point :(

Reactions: 4
She should know by now as she can't form a defence adequately otherwise. With any luck her case will gain publicity and this shite will get consigned to the toilet bowl it belongs in

Reactions: 11
Latest on the Twitter feed of ForWomenScot is that the ‘offending’ tweet is still up, so i think they know but are not at liberty to say which...

Reactions: 6

Just seen this on Facebook. Refreshingly most of the comments are in agreement that this is unfair due to biological advantage!

Reactions: 15

Edited to add link
Why would a child want to celebrate inclusion and diversity? Why would an adult believe that to even be a factor in planning a party?

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.