Gender Discussion #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn't the trans flag blue and pink šŸ™„
Ridiculous.
We've just updated all our platforms at work to show solidarity to LGBT month.... normally I wouldn't ready take much notice but nowadays I cringe inside because we all know it's about trans rights.

If trans isn't a sexual preference then why is it on the LGBT flag?
Why does gender dysphoria and being born in the 'wrong body' mean it should be visible in the gay community?

My husband's cousin is a big cheese in the LGBT community. As a family we're so proud of her for all her work and being so visible BUT she is a massive fan of welcoming 'women' and believing the nonsense of trans women are women.
I can't stomach tell her a few home truths I genuinely think it'd divide the family and she genuinely views me as some alt right Nazis.

Honestly if someone in my family was anti Semitic I couldn't be civil or accept them and this is genuinely how she'd see me so it's not worth he hassle. Saying that she's very influential in her community so it's a massive shame she's letting women down.

This is a prime example of the utter tit being spewed out

I am pretty certain no old bona fide proud lesbian will be writing in worried about being trans phobic but....well Don't bother about reading the entire response but it is dangerous nonetheless.
The answer shouldn't be some long winded, sanctimonious 'moral maze' as written but simple put it's 'no'.

There should be no debate. No manipulation. If you're a lesbian you don't like men. Hell no would I go near a trans woman.....no, no, no.
Screenshot_20210602_153944_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210602_153920_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
'all sexual and romantic preferences are in some way shaped by cultural and political forces'...

This stuff makes me so, so angry - as a society people are really pushing the idea that a sexual orientation is a choice recently.

If it is shaped by cultural and political forces then why are gay men currently being executed by the government and murdered by their families in Iran? Why did so many gay men go to the gas chambers in the Holocaust? These men in Iran are told by their government, their families, their friends and their media that being gay is evil, they're not being 'shaped' by anything, they were born that way.

Reactions: 12
What is wrong is to think that anyone other than the individual has a say in who they personally find attractive.

Reactions: 13
'all sexual and romantic preferences are in some way shaped by cultural and political forces'...

This stuff makes me so, so angry - as a society people are really pushing the idea that a sexual orientation is a choice recently.

If it is shaped by cultural and political forces then why are gay men currently being executed by the government and murdered by their families in Iran? Why did so many gay men go to the gas chambers in the Holocaust? These men in Iran are told by their government, their families, their friends and their media that being gay is evil, they're not being 'shaped' by anything, they were born that way.
Exactly, equating liking either men and/or women to finding thinner people more attractive than fat is just ludicrous! you could say "conforming" to a specific sexual identity can be a result of social pressures, hence older people coming out as gay/lesbian having been in straight marriages/relationships before, but this doesn;t mean it was a sexual preference, it was just conforming to what was acceptable (or even legal) in the past

Reactions: 8
I thought the rainbow flag covered everything as itā€™s the LGBT+ flag. Why add the trans one as they are already represented?
To quote Eddie Izzard, back he was both funny and non-mental, "no flag, no country".

Reactions: 2
Sorry if this is not really in the right place but iv seen stonewall spoken about somewhat on this thread.

My company have chosen them as their charity for the year and a coworker of mine is kicking off big time saying they won't support them but wont exactly detail why.

I do not know much about them at all. Can anyone shed any light on why they might be controversial/problematic?

Don't want to start anything here with differing opinions but rather based on fact of what they have said/done.

Thanks!

Sorry if this is not really in the right place but iv seen stonewall spoken about somewhat on this thread.

My company have chosen them as their charity for the year and a coworker of mine is kicking off big time saying they won't support them but wont exactly detail why.

I do not know much about them at all. Can anyone shed any light on why they might be controversial/problematic?

Don't want to start anything here with differing opinions but rather based on fact of what they have said/done.

Thanks!
This article I think might be a good starting place - https://unherd.com/2020/10/why-i-cant-trust-stonewall-any-more/

There was an Article in Medium recently by Jonny Best called ā€œwhatā€™s gone wrong with Stonewallā€ but he seems to have deleted it.

Thanks!

Here's another link from a gay man that goes in depth to why he doesn't support Stonewall. From my personal perspective I've not supported them since I found out that they changed the definition of 'homosexual' on their website to be someone who is 'same gender attracted'.

Reactions: 7
Wow some really interesting reads there!

Thank you all so much. I can see where her issues with them might come form!

The diversity scheme is stupid, itā€™s just companies and public bodies paying Transwall to ā€œtrainā€ them based on Transwallā€™s skewed interpretation of the EA2010. Absolutely dodgy at best, indoctrination at worst.

Btw, sorry to go off topic but is there a way for me to contact a mod? I have a question šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 6
The diversity scheme is stupid, itā€™s just companies and public bodies paying Transwall to ā€œtrainā€ them based on Transwallā€™s skewed interpretation of the EA2010. Absolutely dodgy at best, indoctrination at worst.

Btw, sorry to go off topic but is there a way for me to contact a mod? I have a question šŸ˜¬
Check the Forum Business section, it might be answered there/you can ask there. Or there's a 'Contact Us' link at the very bottom of each page which I think will get you to a Mod!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Iā€™m cross at how much taxpayers money has gone to Stonewall directly from these government agencies as part of this diversity scheme.

Reactions: 12
It will be even more annoying if new organisations join as others are pulling away. I doubt government agencies will, but local government still might.

Reactions: 2
One of my colleagues sons has announced he's transgender šŸ˜­ I'm going to have to keep my mouth zipped firmly shut.

• Sick
  • Wow
What a great article.

Feminism fights for a world in which no woman or girl will be oppressed or subjected to violence on the basis of her sex. Behind the rise of non-binary identities, on the other hand, is the hope that no one will be forced, because of their sex, to be a woman. Being a woman is perceived to be the problem itself, rather than the cultural stereotypes and pressures applied to women.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
One of my colleagues sons has announced he's transgender šŸ˜­ I'm going to have to keep my mouth zipped firmly shut.
My cousin has announced she's non-binary and masculine presenting. She's 14, badly bullied at school and spends most of her time on Tiktok and watching anime. I'm keeping my mouth shut too but there's no way she hasn't been heavily influenced in this šŸ™ I do believe she is also on the spectrum but my aunt has kept that a secret as she can't bare not being seen as perfect. Ugh.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I think young people may announce these things and then in a few years renounce them. This is why medical intervention for young people is so dangerous. Having a goth phase or a punk phase didnā€™t potentially leave you infertile.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.