Gender Discussion #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm bi and have never really understood the flag thing. It's always screamed look at us buy our rainbows we are so accepting yay rubbish to me. The transman I know has rainbow and trans flags all over his bedroom, are you likely to forget your identity? I don't have rainbow anything 😂 I'm not confident what the bisexual flag looks like. I've not been to pride in years, it doesn't feel like a place for me anymore. It's mainly trans & kink fetishes now.

@CosmicCreepers congrats on coming out!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The corporate aspect of Pride is so weird. I’ve already noticed two major retailers virtue signalling (TK Maxx and John Lewis).

I don’t understand the new updated Pride flag (why the black and brown? I thought POC were already people?) and why the trans colours always seem to take precedence over the LGB 🤔

374B14AE-6DCF-4984-B2E8-CC0B0E417D5E.jpeg
E0D43A4A-5165-4382-92BC-5E6E8DD4F73E.jpeg

So then I decided to Google the pride flag and check which order the colours are supposed to be... only to be bombarded with flag confetti! What do these flags actually mean, guys? 😄

A83C8C62-40B6-446B-A7D4-58670224A848.jpeg

Then I saw this

• Haha
Reactions: 20
@CosmicCreepers congratulations! I hope you are able to celebrate yourself in a way which feels authentic this month and all the rest ❤

Does anyone else find the retroactively claiming people as trans odd? For instance, Joan of Arc?Another one I’ve just seen mentioned is St Agatha of Sicily, a virgin martyr whose breasts were removed during her torture. (I was reminded of this as a medieval art IG account I follow is doing a pride month looking at ‘queer’ medieval art and these two were mentioned)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What are the chances of both twins turning out to be trans? I’m sorry but they were encouraging each other and no one stepped in to talk some sense into them. What made them go from being lesbians, to wanting to transition and have drastic surgery?

I also find it weird that they gave themselves similar male names, I get that they are twins but the whole thing is creepy. They seem like a persona rather than people, if that makes sense.
Agree with ya. Laverne Cox is a twin and his brother didn’t transition. I remember he was in an episode of OITNB once to play Laverne’s character pre-trans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6
@CosmicCreepers congratulations! I hope you are able to celebrate yourself in a way which feels authentic this month and all the rest ❤

Does anyone else find the retroactively claiming people as trans odd? For instance, Joan of Arc?Another one I’ve just seen mentioned is St Agatha of Sicily, a virgin martyr whose breasts were removed during her torture. (I was reminded of this as a medieval art IG account I follow is doing a pride month looking at ‘queer’ medieval art and these two were mentioned)
Let’s erase women from history. That’s all it is.

Reactions: 14
Oops, didn’t mean to use the ~wrong pronoun for Laverne 🥴 my brain was focused on the brother.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The flag that rubs met the wrong way is the one where the trans colours are coming across it like an arrow. Just doesn’t exactly scream ‘equality’ to me.

Reactions: 15
We are living in strange times. New colours will have to be invented for flags and emblems for all the varieties of people they are trying to include. Packaging will have to be massive to cram it all the consumer goods. M & S pride sandwich that they did last year is now a foot long sub.

• Haha
Mermaids, supported by others including Stonewall, Gendered Intelligence, and the Good Law Project, has launched legal action attempting to get charitable status removed from the LGB Alliance. Happy Pride month, everyone...

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I do like the pride flag cuz it annoys homophobes so much. But we don't need a million and one flags for every micro-identity

Reactions: 9
I thought the rainbow flag covered everything as it’s the LGBT+ flag. Why add the trans one as they are already represented?

Reactions: 11
Mermaids, supported by others including Stonewall, Gendered Intelligence, and the Good Law Project, has launched legal action attempting to get charitable status removed from the LGB Alliance. Happy Pride month, everyone...

Basically Trans charities launch legal action against LGB charity.

Reactions: 7
This is big, C4 are usually one of the wokiest most ‘trans inclusive’ tv channels. Is this really the downfall of stonewall? Mermaids next please?

Ive noticed that it’s lgbtqabcd!?@ month and loads of organisations and businesses I follow on social media have changed their profile pictures to rainbows. Funny thing is I don’t remember hardly any of them doing anything like this for women’s history month or international women’s day. Yet they can’t help but jump on the lgbT bandwagon. Such a joke.
Mermaids is a downfall I'd truly love to see.

I thought the rainbow flag covered everything as it’s the LGBT+ flag. Why add the trans one as they are already represented?
That’s what I thought too.

With the black and brown, it seems a bit demeaning to expand on colours of a flag to include black and brown to show that “black and brown people are included” as a Guardian journalist put it. Surely if they’re gay/lesbian etc they’re on there already?

Reactions: 12
That’s what I thought too.

With the black and brown, it seems a bit demeaning to expand on colours of a flag to include black and brown to show that “black and brown people are included” as a Guardian journalist put it. Surely if they’re gay/lesbian etc they’re on there already?
Yeah i totally agree, aesthetically it also ruins it imo, rainbow colours and then just two really dark colours makes no sense

Reactions: 4

This is disgusting. Maugham is seriously the lowest of the low.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.