Gender Discussion #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From what I can tell:

Sistagirl - a gay or trans person from the Tiwi Islands off the coast of the Northern Territories in Australia
Palopa - a trans person from Paupa New Guinea
So they're co-opting indigenous communities' words and culture? Yikes.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
On last weeks Gender a wider lense with Stella and Sasha...there was a guy whose been researching into RODG for boys. And one of the things he said is that a lot of teens are now saying they are bi to be be polite. Purely because they don’t want to offend anyone by saying they don’t find them attractive.
hubbard looked alright before

• Wow
Reactions: 7
So they're co-opting indigenous communities' words and culture? Yikes.
This stuff annoys me rather. Two-spirit is represented by these groups as being evidence of there having been trans people through throughout the centuries and it was only evil white cultures that didn't recognize these 'third gender' people and went about colonizing these cultures to enforce 'cis-het' societies world-wide.

This ignores that actually Two-spirit is a term that only emerged in the 1990s as I think to have their own word for sexual/gender non-conformity. I also annoys me when these white/western people talk about it because it's like they think that all native american tribes are the same when actually there are significant differences between a plains native american tribe and an east coast native american tribe. And they will be significantly different to an inuit tribe or to indigenous communities that lived in the US far south and mexico. And even within these regions, there were different tribes operating with different beliefs and behaviours. It's like saying 'In Russia they believe this so everyone in Europe also believes this.'

It also annoys me when it's portrayed that the west is the root of all 'cis-het' evil when you have places like Afghanistan.

Western empire and colonization has done a lot of wrong and evil but we aren't the only cultures to have developed and enforced oppressive societal structures.

ETA: I'm pretty sure there have always been people who have not conformed or not wanted to conform to gendered roles and may have been supported or not supported depending on the culture and situation.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Still annoyed by that tweet from the demented fox killer. Why is a heterosexual man going after an organisation founded by a lesbian for the LGB community?

My guesses are that the fox killer is either
A) a deviant
B) About to troon out himself
C) a GAMP

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Still annoyed by that tweet from the demented fox killer. Why is a heterosexual man going after an organisation founded by a lesbian for the LGB community?

A) a deviant
C) a GAMP
My vote is either
a - despises women and wants to have power over women's rights
b - is a narcissist and this gets him the twitter praise of thousands of people constantly telling him how wonderful he is

Reactions: 11

A) a deviant
C) a GAMP
There's something really really unhinged about him. His obsession with LGB Alliance isn't normal. In any other situation, a white, rich man vilifying a black lesbian would go down like an absolute lead balloon.

Reactions: 14
There's something really really unhinged about him. His obsession with LGB Alliance isn't normal. In any other situation, a white, rich man vilifying a black lesbian would go down like an absolute lead balloon.
It's a bit sinister how obsessed he is.

Reactions: 9
He’s like a cult leader. Unhinged with a sky high ego and drunk on power

I’m not getting any notifications for this thread at all

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Well, I’m now depressed after the Scottish Parliament results. SNP and Greens now have free reign to throw women under the bus, and Joan McAlpine who spoke up for us lost her seat because of jiggery pokery to get her further down the list. A bad day for Scottish women.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Well, I’m now depressed after the Scottish Parliament results. SNP and Greens now have free reign to throw women under the bus, and Joan McAlpine who spoke up for us lost her seat because of jiggery pokery to get her further down the list. A bad day for Scottish women.
Yes, feeling the same here :( And New Zealand has selected Laurel Hubbard for their Olympic team as well.

• Sad
  • Angry
This popped up on my Instagram yesterday 🤦🏼‍♀️ So he worries about his daughter being sexually assaulted but not by a trans person because that has NEVER happened.. I mean, it definitely has, you just need to google it. I’m not saying ALL trans people are predators, certainly not, infact some of these people who attack people in prisons or other spaces for women may not even actually BE trans, but just using it as a way to do bad things. No one can say that men have never used something to their advantage in order to hurt people.. how many paedos become priests or teachers to make it easier for them to pray on people, how many men will use being trans as an excuse, looooads (this is just me being against self identifying, not trans people)
B7725E2F-1892-4EEF-88C0-53DD401A0523.png

• Angry
  • Wow
I’m not a fan of religion for myself because I see it as at odds with my beliefs. But this article did worry me a bit. It seems very cult like. If you send your children to a school that is based on the teachings of the church, then surely you would want them to be brought up that way or expect at least some religious element to teaching. The stickers bit was really embarrassing, they aren’t children. And reporting him to a counter terrorist branch is ridiculous and a waste of time.

Reactions: 6
I really dislike that claim that trans people are the 'most victimised group of people'. Overwhelmingly online the transwomen we hear about and from are privileged middle-class white people. I could name many other groups more persecuted right now. The Uyhgurs for example. Or dissenters in Myanmar. Women in Saudi. etc.

I’m not a fan of religion for myself because I see it as at odds with my beliefs. But this article did worry me a bit. It seems very cult like. If you send your children to a school that is based on the teachings of the church, then surely you would want them to be brought up that way or expect at least some religious element to teaching. The stickers bit was really embarrassing, they aren’t children. And reporting him to a counter terrorist branch is ridiculous and a waste of time.
Plus it seems like this Chaplain is of the modern CoE school of thought that is fine with same-sex marriage etc? In the article he doesn't mention anything about it anyway. So he's hardly an old fuddy-duddy traditionalist.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Just to clarify I don't agree with everything that the chaplain says as he doesn't seem massively on board with same sex relationships (although he acknowledges same sex attraction as fact) but I wholeheartedly agree with his right as a Christian chaplain in a Christian school to be able to preach about Christian values and teach children about being able to question things and not blindly follow, I also hope he wins his case as that school need a wake up call:

School reports its chaplain to anti-terror unit after sermon- #

Reactions: 10
I really dislike that claim that trans people are the 'most victimised group of people'. Overwhelmingly online the transwomen we hear about and from are privileged middle-class white people. I could name many other groups more persecuted right now. The Uyhgurs for example. Or dissenters in Myanmar. Women in Saudi. etc.
The world and celebrity community seem very quiet in regards to the Uyhgurs. Dreadful things going on over there. I wish I could help, maybe donate to a cause, but with the situation as it is I wouldn’t know which place is reputable or if any help would get to those affected.

This popped up on my Instagram yesterday 🤦🏼‍♀️ So he worries about his daughter being sexually assaulted but not by a trans person because that has NEVER happened.. I mean, it definitely has, you just need to google it. I’m not saying ALL trans people are predators, certainly not, infact some of these people who attack people in prisons or other spaces for women may not even actually BE trans, but just using it as a way to do bad things. No one can say that men have never used something to their advantage in order to hurt people.. how many paedos become priests or teachers to make it easier for them to pray on people, how many men will use being trans as an excuse, looooads (this is just me being against self identifying, not trans people)
View attachment 565973
Just another example of ‘men don’t get it and never will’.

Jeez ladies, just listen to the men! If they say there’s no risk or danger to you, believe them and stop overreacting, you bigots. /s

Personally not a fan of religious schools as I just see it as indoctrination. His problem here seems to be with atheism 'sneaking in'. No doubt he's up for questioning most things except God. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.