Gender Discussion #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On Twitter a few weeks ago I was involved in a discussion about mixed sex bathrooms in schools in Ireland. An extremely nasty TRA replied and the nastiness and vitriol took my breath away. We were having a back and forth discussion and I was civil but then she said she hopes I never have kids, hopefully my transphobia will fade away with me and my generation and younger people like her are far more tolerant (I have nothing about my age on my profile and my profile pic is not of me). She kept saying transwomen are women but I didn't even mention transwomen in the discussion about mixed sex bathrooms in schools. I didn't post about it here at the time as the kids comment was quite upsetting but I can look back and laugh at how the 'tolerant' side is anything but

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
On Twitter a few weeks ago I was involved in a discussion about mixed sex bathrooms in schools in Ireland. An extremely nasty TRA replied and the nastiness and vitriol took my breath away. We were having a back and forth discussion and I was civil but then she said she hopes I never have kids, hopefully my transphobia will fade away with me and my generation and younger people like her are far more tolerant (I have nothing about my age on my profile and my profile pic is not of me). She kept saying transwomen are women but I didn't even mention transwomen in the discussion about mixed sex bathrooms in schools. I didn't post about it here at the time as the kids comment was quite upsetting but I can look back and laugh at how the 'tolerant' side is anything but
That's funny for several reasons.
- speaks to a deep insecurity (since you didn't mention tws)
- far right extremism is rising in Europe, and more young americains are conservative. (seen in a video would need confirmation)
- I also wonder if said TRA was a tw?

I asked a question on a french political subreddit once wondering why gender ideology hadn't taken off as much as in other countries and I got a reply in english TWAW and later on that same person proceeded to call me names just for discussing this politely with them and others. (the mods were on my side though lol).

Reactions: 15
She has pronouns in her bio, so...

Sorry, "her" has pronouns in her bio. Did I get that right?

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Just reply after reply after reply after reply after reply... talking about how it's unnatural and wrong to be homosexual from people on the 'right side of history'. Sometimes things all feel so hopeless.
He’s all talk. He wouldn’t go out with a trans man - costs him nothing to say he would. And if he actually would then he’s bi

I remember on one of our first threads here a couple of people burst in and said we should all get on birth control and take it forever as we should never have children, would be terrible mothers blah blah blah. Pathetic. They have really painted us as villains and can’t see the logic and truth to what we say.
the truth will out

Reactions: 13
I was quite upset about it at the time and spoke to a friend about it. They said that as an actual parent they would never trust their kids with the trans lobby as they put identity politics over the innocence and well being of children

Reactions: 12
The self righteous anger from her. The thing is; she wouldn't be an ultra rich comedian without the work of feminists before her but look how easily the privileged can throw girls under a bus

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Silverman has never been as funny or as edgy as she'd like to think she is. I bet she'd be peeved if a trans woman beat her in a female comic award, but she'd be publicly saying 'hey this is so cool'. And trans women are not women. They are men who have transitioned to become women. Please stop using the word cis.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
But I thought TrAnS wOmEn ArE wOmEn!!!

69373339-AD35-4860-9035-2A3E22C705B1.jpeg

a tweet by a female they/them.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
It’s just dawned on me that an NHS prescription costs more than it does to legally change ones gender.

I feel passports cost too much, can we get the price of renewals lowered?🙄

Reactions: 16
It’s just dawned on me that an NHS prescription costs more than it does to legally change ones gender.

I feel passports cost too much, can we get the price of renewals lowered?🙄
Mad isn’t it. I have to pay double that a month for a repeat prescription so I can breathe properly yet now any teenager on a whim can pay a fiver to officially register a gender.

How has such a straight forward question turned into this 😫🤯
:eek: What is a “sistagirl” or “palopa” ffs.

Palopa- when you stare at a window and see the light of day and realize how beautiful you are. Usually occurs after sexual intercourse.

I mean...what the fuuuuck?
I’m just trying to imagine these genders being read out by a really stoic person in a professional setting like a hearing. E.g. “John Smith, she/her pronouns, “sistagirl”. :sick:

I’m just going to stick to names, if someone insists on pronouns that do not match their sex then I’ll just use their name instead. Better than using “they”, better than lying to myself about biology, and they surely can’t take you to court for using their name instead.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Some googling suggests that 'palopa' is being represented as being a new guinean term for trans in the same vibe as two-spirit etc.

Reactions: 2
i'm so confused
According to the TRAs, you’re transphobic if your bisexuality doesn’t include trans and other/non-genders?? Bit like pansexuality but if being bi means you’re attracted to your own sex/gender plus a transgender, you’re good 🥰🤪 but duck you if it’s only cis men and women (oops, I mean non-men)!!!! /s

I’m bi but sometimes I have to say I’m pan depending on who I’m talking to because I don’t want to be asked if my sexuality includes trans.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.