Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For me, I wouldn't be willing to sleep with a transwoman who had reassignment surgery. Despite being a vagina fetishist ;) I'm attracted to 'female-people' as a whole person - though it's unlikely I'd be interested if they went the full way - I'd be more willing to sleep with a transman who had surgery than a transwoman who had surgery because the transman is female.

I think I find it easier to brush off accusations of transphobia because it took me so long to come to terms with my sexuality. I'm from a homophobic family and I didn't come out until my 30s so I spent two decades naval gazing and trying to convince myself that I could like males if I just tried/prayed/wished hard enough. So I know that it just isn't possible for me and I know that my limits are 100% fixed on this matter.

I think that a lot of straight women haven't thought about their sexuality so in-depth so it would be harder to them to ignore accusations of transphobia.

I think that a lot of women who want to consider themselves woke might also feel guilty about being straight (despite it obviously not being something anyone should ever feel guilty about) and wouldn't want to say no in case they make themselves look like one of these 'evil cishets' that people throw around as an insult.

I can accept that might be 'transphobic' but I think you are then back into arguments around what is more important - allowing people to act on -phobic or -ist attractions so that they are not unduly induced into sleeping with someone, or protecting some people from discrimination.
For me consent is the most important thing in the world regarding sex - 97% (I think that's the statistic, might be slightly off) of women have zero interest in me from the get go and of the 3% who theoretically could be interested there will be loads of people who aren't interested because of my physical appearance or personality or the simple fact that they're happily partnered up already.

I can't think of anything worse than going up to a straight woman I find attractive and saying "oi, if you don't have sex with me you're a homophobe and I'll tell all your friends you're homophobic and I'll tweet your manager and tell them you're homophobic and I'll put your name online and get all my friends to tell everyone they know that you're homophobic. So, your place or mine?" - it's ridiculous! I wouldn't dream of putting someone in a position where they felt unhappy and I also wouldn't want pity/fear sex from them. It would be rubbish for both of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Thanks for your take on this @AnderbeauJohnson Its really given me food for thought around the fact most heterosexual people are accepted as ‘the norm’ therefore there’s no soul searching regarding sexuality. I really agree with you on that.

I think this whole subject comes down to consent. Pre op or post op. It’s such a huge thing to not discuss and for me would completely undermine any trust I had in that person. Then again if it’s something they’ve struggled with and had a bad experience with previously I could maybe understand why they wouldn’t say anything, but it Still doesn’t make it right.

Reactions: 10
I'm irritated by @thegirlscout 's friends comment, not because it's hit a nerve but because he or she in their virtue signalling wisdom is trying to make people feel bad for not being attracted to certain people. And what a misuse of transphobic. A trans man with a phalloplasty might be an amazing person but guess what, there's plenty of amazing people in the world. That doesn't necessarily mean we want to date them all.

As for the neovagina, it's an inverted penis from what I've heard.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've lurked this thread and previous ones.
I have mixed feelings I guess. I do think genuine trans people have the right to live their lives as they wish to, to be their true self. I have no problem with that, and I support that.
However I hate the slow eradication of the word woman, Also all biological things relating to being a woman sounding like we are just these 'things'. Terms such as "chest feeding", "uterus havers", "bleeders", and so on...
Also, I really disagree with kids/teenagers being given hormone blockers. That's not right. Being a kid/teenager is a confusing time in every aspect. Yes, there are some kids that are 100% and will never change their thoughts/feelings, but the majority will.
Anyway, the thing that promoted me to post on this thread for the first time, and go on this long ramble was, someone I follow on twitter tweeted "oh cis and comfortable in my own body". It pissed me off.
And I know I'm over reacting, but I'm cis (I hate that word), and I'm not comfortable in my body, because since the age of 13 I've struggled on and off with anorexia. The reason it pissed me off is because most of them just can't see past themselves, they think a 'cis' person couldn't possibly have any problems or struggles with their appearance.
I don't aim this at all trans people. I'm sure most are just out there trying to live their lives and be happy. and don't go into all the bullshit social media propaganda.
End of rant!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I have mixed feelings I guess. I do think genuine trans people have the right to live their lives as they wish to, to be their true self. I have no problem with that, and I support that.
However I hate the slow eradication of the word woman, Also all biological things relating to being a woman sounding like we are just these 'things'. Terms such as "chest feeding", "uterus havers", "bleeders", and so on...
Also, I really disagree with kids/teenagers being given hormone blockers. That's not right. Being a kid/teenager is a confusing time in every aspect. Yes, there are some kids that are 100% and will never change their thoughts/feelings, but the majority will.
Anyway, the thing that promoted me to post on this thread for the first time, and go on this long ramble was, someone I follow on twitter tweeted "oh cis and comfortable in my own body". It pissed me off.
And I know I'm over reacting, but I'm cis (I hate that word), and I'm not comfortable in my body, because since the age of 13 I've struggled on and off with anorexia. The reason it pissed me off is because most of them just can't see past themselves, they think a 'cis' person couldn't possibly have any problems or struggles with their appearance.
I don't aim this at all trans people. I'm sure most are just out there trying to live their lives and be happy. and don't go into all the bullshit social media propaganda.
End of rant!
I think this is what most, if not all of us here think. I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling with anorexia. I've mentioned before that I do some work in the NHS and I was once in a meeting where a young woman with an eating disorder mentioned that she didn't feel comfortable in her own body and then said "oh, but I don't mean in a trans way or whatever, I just don't feel comfortable in my own skin". I remember feeling really angry that someone felt compelled to add this into their own consultation either for fear of being misdiagnosed or not seen as woke. This tit is absolutely insidious in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just catching up on the thread so sorry if this has already been posted, but I came across this thread on Reddit about a women getting fed up of being asked if they’re a real women on dating sites and I can’t help but feel like this wouldn’t be an issue if trans women were up front with their transness on these platforms to begin with. It’s not about being associated with a ‘hole’ but understandably straight males want to date women and not trans women.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I think this is what most, if not all of us here think. I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling with anorexia. I've mentioned before that I do some work in the NHS and I was once in a meeting where a young woman with an eating disorder mentioned that she didn't feel comfortable in her own body and then said "oh, but I don't mean in a trans way or whatever, I just don't feel comfortable in my own skin". I remember feeling really angry that someone felt compelled to add this into their own consultation either for fear of being misdiagnosed or not seen as woke. This tit is absolutely insidious in my opinion.
Thank you.
I'm 33 now, I try everyday not go back to it, but I relapse occasionally, but the mindset of that never really goes away. It's an ongoing fight.
That is so horrible though, someone who is already struggling having to add a 'disclaimer'. When they are trying to get help. It's all going backwards imo.

End of rant!
Ohh no. Just seen a dumb autocorrct. I meant prompted not promoted 🙊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you.
I'm 33 now, I try everyday not go back to it, but I relapse occasionally, but the mindset of that never really goes away. It's an ongoing fight.
That is so horrible though, someone who is already struggling having to add a 'disclaimer'. When they are trying to get help. It's all going backwards imo.
Keep going! ❤

I was in two minds about mentioning it, but I think it's important to show that trans medical care can have broad impacts. I really wonder how everything will look in 10 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
But then there is the question of would you date someone or have a relationship with someone who has had surgery and now has a penis? I was speaking to a friend and said I would find it very hard to date someone who was transgender, even if they had surgery. It’s not a total blanket ban, definitely something I would have to deal with if I ever experienced it but at the moment I say I don’t think I could do it. She says that’s transphobic. Which I can sort of see, I mean a dick is a dick, but also I don’t want to have sex or more with someone because I don’t want to be offensive to them. Surely that’s even more offensive?
Oh I had this very conversation irl once, and I'd say it again my response is a blanket no. a) it doesn't make sense for my sexuality, knowing the person was female would be off putting. b) I want kids c) as a phallus connaisseur, a manufactured phallus out of arm fat is not the same, d) a faux-dick has to be manually pumped up - that would kill the mood e) apparently fake stuff has to be injected to manufacture a man's semen - I'm not putting these chemicals in my body. Hell no.

Last edited:
Hollyoaks says Brooke is now a they/them and Ripley, the pre-existing non-binary character, will "cheer them on as they try new things." Like what? Like wearing a suit instead of a dress to a formal event because no girl would ever do that and it's obviously a sign of their brave gender transgression?

I notice - especially on Twitter and Reddit - that a lot of TRAs like to write off detransitioners or stories of bad experiences with medical transition as "TERFs making it up" to deflect any questioning

Erm, isn't that a bit like me asking for a sperm tracker even though I don't produce sperm and don't ejaculate? My mind is officially boggled.

Reactions: 15
It’s absolutely crazy that people (especially women) are validating these sick fetishists. You can take all the hormones in the world, but if you are male it is physiologically and biologically impossible for you to menstruate. I don’t understand why he is so angry that his post has been downvoted. And as for the ‘educate yourself on your bodies ladies’ part, what the duck do their bodies have to do with him? God these men are so utterly deluded aren’t they?

• Angry
Reactions: 18
THEY ARE DELUSIONAL

On the above reddit post someone posted, the moderators are removing people who are saying trans women don't get periods.
In another post, someone says " Because people experience it? Why do people need to be medical experts to make claims about their own experiences? Surely there's space between "I don't know why this happens" and "you must be wrong about your own body."

Delusional I tell you.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Surely if you are taking a level dose of HRT every day then you won't even be getting the monthly hormone fluctuations that women do??

I assume men's hormones fluctuate too, but surely not to the same extent or regularity that women's do?

Reactions: 9
Surely if you are taking a level dose of HRT every day then you won't even be getting the monthly hormone fluctuations that women do??

I assume men's hormones fluctuate too, but surely not to the same extent or regularity that women's do?
Exactly. PMS and side effects during your period are caused by the fluctuating hormone levels. They are not just caused by having female hormones

Reactions: 8
EXACTLY! No hormone fluctuations, and certainly no complex interplay of different hormones that occurs during a woman’s menstrual cycle. But they’re so desperate to appropriate periods they think “feeling like tit” and “having the shits” = a period 🙃

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.