Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know

I used to really like lala but recently she has posted a few things that have really wound me up.

I was fuming about the trans rape thing. How many people wouldn't feel comfortable saying no/stopping and feeling by the time they get to the bedroom it is too late? Or if they do stop then what's to say there won't be rape or punches etc.
It's incredibly dangerous to be spreading this idea for trans people too. As it is considered rape by deception in the UK and they could end themselves in serious legal danger.

Reactions: 11
It's incredibly dangerous to be spreading this idea for trans people too. As it is considered rape by deception in the UK and they could end themselves in serious legal danger.
It puts them in physical danger as well - obviously nobody deserves to be assaulted but there are cases where people have been surprised and subsequently attacked or murdered the trans person so it is a known risk to hide your sex from someone.

Reactions: 9
It puts them in physical danger as well - obviously nobody deserves to be assaulted but there are cases where people have been surprised and subsequently attacked or murdered the trans person so it is a known risk to hide your sex from someone.
Yeh this is what I thought but from the other side.

If a woman takes home what she thinks is another woman only to find out she has a "lady dick" 🤢 there will potentially be a big imbalance of strength/power there

Reactions: 8
Yeh this is what I thought but from the other side.

If a woman takes home what she thinks is another woman only to find out she has a "lady dick" 🤢 there will potentially be a big imbalance of strength/power there

Exactly. I just don’t like this culture of thinking it is okay to lie and trap to someone in that manner - brandishing a surprise penis ‘lady dick’, or a neo-hole wound, or an arm-fat grafted penis, or just a vagina when pretending to be a man... or whatever concoction inbetween all those . None of that should be a surprise to someone when dating. It’s abusive and I can sense they might get a kick out of withholding that information until the other person is pressurised to accept, or be ‘transphobic’. It’s really cruel. Makes me glad I’m not in the dating pool. I feel especially sorry for young people going into dating for the first time in a time where this gender and trans woo is everywhere. It’s hard to get to know your own boundaries and have courage to say no at the best of times, but to have people saying you are transphobic for not wanting to date certain people etc on top of that? Ooofff.

Reactions: 9
Exactly. I just don’t like this culture of thinking it is okay to lie and trap to someone in that manner - brandishing a surprise penis ‘lady dick’, or a neo-hole wound, or an arm-fat grafted penis, or just a vagina when pretending to be a man... or whatever concoction inbetween all those . None of that should be a surprise to someone when dating. It’s abusive and I can sense they might get a kick out of withholding that information until the other person is pressurised to accept, or be ‘transphobic’. It’s really cruel. Makes me glad I’m not in the dating pool. I feel especially sorry for young people going into dating for the first time in a time where this gender and trans woo is everywhere. It’s hard to get to know your own boundaries and have courage to say no at the best of times, but to have people saying you are transphobic for not wanting to date certain people etc on top of that? Ooofff.
Sometimes reading trans reddit and other places it does feel like some people get a kick out of misleading younger (or newer out) trans people - like in the r/transpassing sub you do get people who look possibly passable with lots of makeup and filters and lighting and poses but you'll see people who do not pass at all being told they look indistinguishable or getting comments like "wow, you're MTF? I thought you were FTM pre-transition." Then you get places like r/actuallesbians where they get told by other transwomen that 99% of (cis) lesbians love dating transwomen and that it's never been a problem for them and they have women falling at their feet to date them now.

I don't know if I'm formulating my thoughts clearly but sometimes it does feel like you get people who have seen for themselves that there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, coaxing other people to either transition (such as in r/egg_irl) or to be public with their transition or to hide their transition (and pretend to be born the opposite sex) knowing that it won't end well for them either. Sort of a predatory misery loves company type mentality.

Sometimes reading trans reddit and other places it does feel like some people get a kick out of misleading younger (or newer out) trans people - like in the r/transpassing sub you do get people who look possibly passable with lots of makeup and filters and lighting and poses but you'll see people who do not pass at all being told they look indistinguishable or getting comments like "wow, you're MTF? I thought you were FTM pre-transition." Then you get places like r/actuallesbians where they get told by other transwomen that 99% of (cis) lesbians love dating transwomen and that it's never been a problem for them and they have women falling at their feet to date them now.

I don't know if I'm formulating my thoughts clearly but sometimes it does feel like you get people who have seen for themselves that there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, coaxing other people to either transition (such as in r/egg_irl) or to be public with their transition or to hide their transition (and pretend to be born the opposite sex) knowing that it won't end well for them either. Sort of a predatory misery loves company type mentality.
One ofthe girls behind pique resilience found that if she posted her photos normally to sm then there was no interest, but if she posted including trans hashtags then suddenly she'd get tons of likes and comments. I've seen that a bit on certain subreddits, people who don't pass wearing an outfit and saying 'do I pass? I'm not sure' and everyone telling them they pass so well and look so amazing etc.

ETA: the bink/bonk pronouns comment from yesterday - I wasn't intending to be douchey, but more express that this kid, if not growing out of this themselves, may find it hard to be taken seriously as they grow up. How does a lawyer, a judge, a schoolteacher, a police person, a UN official get taken seriously with pronouns like that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
One ofthe girls behind pique resilience found that if she posted her photos normally to sm then there was no interest, but if she posted including trans hashtags then suddenly she'd get tons of likes and comments. I've seen that a bit on certain subreddits, people who don't pass wearing an outfit and saying 'do I pass? I'm not sure' and everyone telling them they pass so well and look so amazing etc.
I think part of it is also 'allies' wanting to look woke so that they're not accused of being transphobic - you see it in make up communities - when an older transwoman posts a selfie with make-up that is poorly applied and doesn't suit them so many women will fall over themselves to say how wonderful it looks (which, if they were actually being allies to transwomen, doesn't actually help them get better at makeup).

When questioned they say it looks wonderful because the transwoman didn't grow up with make-up. I don't think that if a woman posted a selfie with the same level of makeup and said that it was their first time using it that they'd get 5% of the adulation.

I have a theory also and it might be slightly controversial. I've found libfems are usually the self loathing, insecure kind- really pick me types who just want to please men. In reality transwomen are nothing to be jealous of so it's easy for libfems to pay them an insincere compliment.

A while back a prominent Irish transwomen posted a selfie and women were falling over themselves to comment "your skin is stunning". There is nothing special about their skin whatsoever!

It would be rare for these types to pay women a sincere compliment because women are a threat to them. I could be way off with this but that's my theory

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Very interesting. And if they don’t look past just looks they will miss the danger

Reactions: 2
I think part of it is also 'allies' wanting to look woke so that they're not accused of being transphobic - you see it in make up communities - when an older transwoman posts a selfie with make-up that is poorly applied and doesn't suit them so many women will fall over themselves to say how wonderful it looks (which, if they were actually being allies to transwomen, doesn't actually help them get better at makeup).

When questioned they say it looks wonderful because the transwoman didn't grow up with make-up. I don't think that if a woman posted a selfie with the same level of makeup and said that it was their first time using it that they'd get 5% of the adulation.
I'm a bit wary of any community where the main emphasis is about telling OP's what they want to hear. There was an online toxic parent group I was in where I backed off because that was their main thing. Kind of place where if someone posted about how their mum is being down on them joining an MLM then you'd have to back the OP and the MLM decision because only 'supportive' comments allowed.

Sometimes being supportive is saying something that maybe is not what the OP wants to hear. Not everything or everyone is 100% valid 100% of the time. But on some trans subreddits anyone questioning themselves is told that they are valid and still trans.

But surely it's transphobic to not want to be raped by a trans person? *rolls eyes*

• Haha
Reactions: 5

i saw something that said when tw post in those sort of communities you see so many oh your eyes are beautiful or your skin is lovely comments because they can't think of anything else to compliment about their actual physical features.

Reactions: 7
It's very interesting that despite r/actuallesbians banning almost all actual lesbians the sub is still too transphobic:

Screenshot 2021-04-10 12.20.57.png

That last sentence is basically: if you don't have sex with transwomen then you are not a real trans ally.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

Found this interesting. Had some fun conversations in the comments. Haven't watched Hollyoaks for years but loved what Nancy said.

Reactions: 3

Found this interesting. Had some fun conversations in the comments. Haven't watched Hollyoaks for years but loved what Nancy said.
The adult character at the end has it pretty much right on. Quite surprised that Hollyoaks, given its young audience, is having such nuanced discussion about this though.

Reactions: 2
Ok I’m glad this is getting attention but equally - ‘discuss’ ? Honestly get out of here. WOMEN have been ‘discussing’ this for a couple of years now, nice of him to show up and get more clout/engagement for the same idea. I saw another Tweet yesterday from a man who was saying something like ‘here’s how to arbitrate the issues between women and trans people’ which again regurgitates things said by women for ages. I’m so tired.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.