Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the last while I've seen them fetishise the following: periods, miscarriages, abortions, sexual assault, rape. It really stings when women affirm and validate the delusions of these men.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
Ended up on Cosmo website (not sure how?!) and saw this on an article about vibrators. Those that are used on a clitoris or up a vagina. No need WHATSOEVER to include the vulva part. If you have a vulva and vagina, you’re rather likely to be female 🤦🏻‍♀️ I am now calling myself a vulva-having person. I wonder if anyone will guess my sex.
96E1D3BD-8423-4152-966A-8B17E09988AF.png

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
With the period talk: sure men have hormone fluctuations, men experience hormone fluctuations and transwomen go through tit with their hormones. Nobody is denying that. But to compare it to a period, even a "normal" period, which is still taboo to talk about in Western culture, is just bleeping sick. I know by now I sound like some kind of period obsessed woman on this thread 😂 but it honestly turns my stomach. How bleeping dare they.

ETA. That's before we even take the literal science denial into the conversation.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I bet some bloody app capitalises on it and makes them one!!
"Bloody" app. Ha. 😉

Edit. Sorry - the guy talking about having diarrhoea on his period. Period poop can be constipated or loose or... Normal. And the reason it happens is because the hormones that your brain sends to tell your uterus to contract get "lost" and just get sent to that general area, so everything in that general below the belt area reacts: uterus and colon. Finally my failed med school colotectal rotation comes in handy. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
I always need to go before my period starts. Womb spasms stimulate the bowel.

I’ve started to think now. The TW period stuff is bollocks and insulting, but I think they know they are playing a game and it’s not a period. Why can’t they just play amongst themselves about it without involving us and brands. Just indulge each other and get what they need out of but just let it be that. Would make life so much easier. But I guess that takes self awareness. How has it all got to this point?
When I was an obnoxious teenager no one pandered to me at all. Is it that teens/YA have always been annoying and demanding but before they didn’t have a platform and were ignored?

Reactions: 11
Surely if you are taking a level dose of HRT every day then you won't even be getting the monthly hormone fluctuations that women do??

I assume men's hormones fluctuate too, but surely not to the same extent or regularity that women's do?
I've seen screencaps from forums before that show how you should manipulate your dose of HRT so that you get mood swings at around the desired date. It's also interesting how they always seem to have it on the magical 28 day mark as proof that it's a 'period', despite only 13% of women being on a 28 day cycle.

edit - Don't have time to find the screenshots now but here is someone explaining that you can't have the 'vaginal discharge' of a period but you can vary your hormones to simulate other symptoms: https://www.quora.com/Im-transgender-How-can-I-simulate-a-period-Please-help

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
It's old but just read this as I was looking for other screenshots: https://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/1122689/menstruation-matters-transgender/

Yes, that is a transwoman who has biological children complaining about women complaining about having periods because they aren't 'fertile.'

It reminds me of an old reddit GC post I saw that had a transwomen in a facebook page for infertility support getting angry with actual women suffering from infertility because they could one day 'possibly' give birth to children so they weren't as infertile as him... despite him having two biological children.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
It's old but just read this as I was looking for other screenshots: https://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/1122689/menstruation-matters-transgender/

Yes, that is a transwoman who has biological children complaining about women complaining about having periods because they aren't 'fertile.'

It reminds me of an old reddit GC post I saw that had a transwomen in a facebook page for infertility support getting angry with actual women suffering from infertility because they could one day 'possibly' give birth to children so they weren't as infertile as him... despite him having two biological children.
All this sort of fuckery convinces me that that for some people this is a mental health disorder, I mean, imagine wilfully posting comments like that on a fertility forum; the only explanation to me is that the person is either a nasty troll or, mentally unwell. (I’m not making fun of mental illness btw, but I’m sure we can agree there is some insanity in this nonsense?)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I bet some bloody app capitalises on it and makes them one!!
Ahh but they won't be happy with a separate app. They want our apps that already exist to cater for their fake period

Reactions: 10
All this sort of fuckery convinces me that that for some people this is a mental health disorder, I mean, imagine wilfully posting comments like that on a fertility forum; the only explanation to me is that the person is either a nasty troll or, mentally unwell. (I’m not making fun of mental illness btw, but I’m sure we can agree there is some insanity in this nonsense?)
Mentally ill and narcissistic. Fertile issues are soo emotional and it’s a really obsessive time (for some like me anyway). Can’t imagine wading into people under all that emotion and stress and making it about them with their fake issues

Reactions: 7

What a patronising article.. "uncomfortable, crampy and icky" wtf? Also being triggered by his own wife's pregnancy?! What a disgusting person...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.