Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Vee6

VIP Member
I think your right. But it’s either being kept quiet before the trial or a cover up

Reactions: 3

Zenchick101

VIP Member
Now THAT is stunning and brave!

Not always for governor though - Arnold Schwarzenegger was governor from 2003 to 2011 and he's a Republican, ditto Ronald Reagan 1967-1975 (although admittedly that is decades ago!)
Oh didn't know about AS, but yes RR was a long time ago ;) . I just mean that I don't know what their plans for California would be and perhaps another republican in an overwhelmingly democrat state might be good? It would be interesting to know what their plan for Gender ideology is.

barmj

Chatty Member
Hi ladies and germs! Still catching up on older posts but just saw this and wanted to share my frustration 🙃

fwiw, I haven’t seen any harrassment. Just “terves” (ugh) talking about inclusive language re. pregnancy in a separate thread, I think.

eta: I think with abortion, it’s completely different? Yes, inclusive language is nice but with pregnancy, it’s usually women who want to be mothers and don’t appreciate being referred to as birth givers, etc. because it’s incredibly rare for a trans man to do something that goes against their perceived gender and not experience dysphoria?? My brain is mush but I hope you know what I’m trying to say 😅 (click on the tweet link to see more)

Last edited:

mindlessness

VIP Member
Sorry, bit of a sweeping statement I know. I have just heard that they have a real issue with race, but then what country doesn't? America is probably worse. No offence meant.
No my fault too, I bristled against the generalisation a bit. We for sure do, you're not wrong that we have a problem (https://alltogethernow.org.au/racism-in-australia/). I'm not sure it's even about who is worst. It's all shit you know? Just different dynamics/problems/historical context etc.

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I would definitely have wanted a binder and controversially it probably would have helped confidence wise. And if testosterone gives you energy and swagger that would be very appealing too, hell I can see the appeal now. Of course I’m old enough to see the down sides now ect. But I can see how appealing aspects of transitioning could be for teens

The comments on that article ❤
Oh I meant to add that book to my wishlist, I’ll do it now. Those comments are heartening!

Vee6

VIP Member
There’s no depth to the videos at all. Seems a very disturbed person. Never any critical reflection of what they are been through. Wafer thin.
i know it will never happen but I would love Jamie to go on Stella and Sasha’s podcast and have a proper in depth look at their childhood and key moments that led to transition, would be fascinating.

Vee6

VIP Member
That is horrific.

It's inappropriate but not in the same league as sexual abuse/harassment. I think as a society we need to be careful we dont edge back to the Victorian days of hypocritical propriety.
I didn’t say it was abuse. Just remember it because it was so strange and it apparently got tiresome for everyone

emm

VIP Member
If transwomen are allowed to compete with women I'm sure we will see a barrage of mediocre sportsmen "coming out" as trans to compete, win everything and break records.

Especially with self-ID and that awful trans umbrella someone posted further up showing just how all encompassing the term trans now is
yeah I can even imagine unscrupulous coaches advising this as a strategy

Enigmata

Found this interesting. Had some fun conversations in the comments. Haven't watched Hollyoaks for years but loved what Nancy said.

sdmilne

God I could help looking that story up on twitter (why do I do that to myself?) and saw the response

“Personally, I think we should ban all strong people from weightlifting, as they have an unfair natural advantage.”

I’m sure the person who came up with that thought they were incredibly clever, actually they seem really pleased with themselves by some of their other replies.

Is it wrong that as awful as it is for those women who have worked so incredibly hard I think it will take something like a MtF winning an Olympic gold medal in women’s weightlifting for people to take notice? I almost hope they win to bring some coverage to the subject

Well it's only a problem when these athletes take prizes away from white cis women after all....

Enigmata

The adult character at the end has it pretty much right on. Quite surprised that Hollyoaks, given its young audience, is having such nuanced discussion about this though.
Most of the comments are about how brave 'he' is - seemingly the actress is non-binary - and piling on anybody who questions the legitimacy of being non-binary.

Reactions: 2