Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Enigmata

Usually periods start getting closer together and then gradually further apart. I've posted in the Menopause thread some of the (random)symptoms to look out for so have a quick look on there. It's actually pretty sad that so few women know that this is an indicator of peri. If you have had anxiety or insomnia lately that will also be linked. It's not all hot flushes, I'm 6 years in and still haven't had a hot flush
I'm 46 and post-menopausal. Deep joy!!!

Reactions: 1

Zenchick101

VIP Member
R.e Cali exodus - California has other problems. Apocalyptic forest fires, high cost of living, un-affordable housing in many areas. There are a few reasons why other states might hold attractions.
oh for sure, I just wonder if overly woke politics are a part of it too.

Badabing101

VIP Member
I know what you mean about the use of ‘dads’ v ‘breastfeeding partners’ but I haven’t read that as anything other than a catch all for wives and girlfriends - it’s just a neater way of saying it. However I do think if they have used ‘Dad’ then they should have used mother/mum because it’s pretty flipping sexist not to.

Lonelylondon

Chatty Member
She's definitely not a radical feminist if she believes TWAW and if she's bleating on about body hair as opposed to something like sex work
Well I say radical feminist just because she’s very big on talking about women’s rights etc, her and some friends have started an anti harassment campaign down in Brighton.. she’s very far left and very anti police etc and has her pronouns in her bio etc

eucalyptus

I don't think she is the kind of person to apologise tbh, I don't think she even did after running that person over
When did she run someone over? I know there was a fatal car accident but never heard of running someone over

Peachsquish

VIP Member
Does it really need saying? Are we really 'discriminating' if we don't invite or mention a group of people to a medical procedure that is not relevant to them?
I was referring more to you saying you were going to start a campaign about not receiving a letter for prostate exams.

Yes its not perfect but the leaflet (which came with screening invite) does at least say women and people with a cervix and makes clear that only registered as female trans men will be invited. Those registered as male won't receive invites but need to contact the doctor or nurse if you have a cervix. There is also a helpful diagram on the next page that shows where your cervix is.Finally it explicitly states that trans women don't need cervical screening.

As I said in an earlier post assume this leaflet is or was probably generally available in doctors and clinics so would need to mention everyone. This way trans men who might otherwise be missed know they need to ring and trans women know not to bother.

Otherwise the leaflet would arrive in the post with the invite.

ETA the invite letter itself only mentions women
20210414_135001.jpg

Last edited:

Notworthy

VIP Member
Is that a serious post?
Yes and it's not rude, it's fact, women have a small amount of testosterone, during peri it drops and we lose confidence and that can do attitude (not all women but lots) fundamentally some HRT will include microdosing of testosterone, particularly in the US, not so much in the UK but some GPs will prescribe if needed.

Notworthy

VIP Member
Micro dosing testosterone doesn't automatically mean someone is transgender, plenty of peri menopausal women micro dose as it helps to regain the confidence lost during peri. Women have a small amount of testosterone anyway and microdosing won't give you the physical attributes of a Male but will help with confidence and ability to take risks.