Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Sons childminder had 2 daughters and my Son loved their polly pockets so asked for and got one for Xmas in his stocking. I swear atleast 80% of this is attention seeking rather than any real desire to change gender, and as for all this gender neutral shite, welcome to the 70's, most kids in working class families wore hand me downs so nearly everything was gender neutral. I think I had 1 dress for parties and everything else was light blue or red homemade crinolene shite that my Mum made and my Brother could have after me.

Reactions: 15
As a child I had Thomas the Tank Engine books, i played with toy cars, I loved lego (still do), I had playmobil, I had Barbies and Polly Pockets and Puppy in my Pockets. I dressed up as princesses and pirates. I had "boys" and "girls" toys, I had "boys" and "girls" books. They were toys and books, I liked playing with them and reading the stories. I didn't wear skirts or dresses for 20 years, don't particularly like the colour pink didn't make me a boy. Frankly these people are just reinforcing gender stereotypes. I grew up 8n the 1990's before we had the gender neutral revolution. Let kids be kids and dress how they want to play with what they want without labelling them. Seriously a four year old cannot give consent to their decisions being shared on social media, stop trying to make a quick buck off your kids by claiming they are something they don't even understand the concept of.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't have many memories of being 4. I had a brother and we both played with each others toys. I was fairly 'gender conforming' as was my brother but we also had a cross-over of similar likes.

This little child sees being a boy as being able to behave, play and dress in a certain way. This child doesn't realise that in telling daddy that she's a boy now that it means drugs and surgery for the rest of her life because she doesn't know her dad is misleading her about her situation. And even if he did tell her about the drugs and surgery, at 4 she can have no concept of what that means.

It's like telling a kid that they are going to be a princess and they are happy because they believe it's going to be the Disney version when actually what's in store for them is the Diana version.

Reactions: 12
This is a great point:

It's like how a lot of TRAs are pushing to get gender dysphoria removed from the next version of the DSM so that it would no longer be medicalised. However, that would mean that insurance companies in America could start turning down applications for treatments/surgeries/hormones as it would no longer be considered a medical condition and wouldn't be covered. So now people are trying to work out how to manage to get it out of the DSM but also ensure that insurance companies have to cover it.

Reactions: 8
Just seen this on another thread. Not a fan of Thatcher but the quote seemed appropriate.
20210505_211019.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I bleeping hate this. We are literally going backwards. I have boy/girl twins, they share all of their toys. My son likes pushing a dolly pram around, my daughter much prefers cars. They're still a boy and a girl. Nursery is a free for all for toys and they can play with whatever the hell they like, they don't know that toys are "gendered" they're toddlers. What happened to stepping away from the idea that girls only like Barbie's and pink and can't like trucks and tractors. My son has blue & pink clothes, my daughter has blue & pink clothes. Simple.

I don't believe a 4 year old child can turn around and say they're the other gender without the parent seriously pushing the idea on them. It's vile.
I’ve always bought both ‘boys’ and ‘girls’ clothes for my two - boys clothes have more dinosaurs and they love a dinosaur. Basing gender on liking glitter or trucks is regressive. I hope we’ve put it back in the past by the time they grow up.

Reactions: 14
I’ve always bought both ‘boys’ and ‘girls’ clothes for my two - boys clothes have more dinosaurs and they love a dinosaur. Basing gender on liking glitter or trucks is regressive. I hope we’ve put it back in the past by the time they grow up.
I think we were well on the way, but the TRA ideology is undoing all that good work.

Regarding the way the universities have responded under duress about language policies, I looked up what cis privilege is and the examples could all be applied to ANYONE if you just applied any modicum of critical thought. The article also mentioned trans people having a lack of "access to basic healthcare" based on their gender identity. Extensive cosmetic surgery and hormone therapy is NOT basic healthcare.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yes @skvallertant I have always wondered what the TRA community means when they state ‘basic healthcare’. I’m off for a snoop to see if there’s an actual definition for this re Trans.

Reactions: 11
I think we were well on the way, but the TRA ideology is undoing all that good work.

Regarding the way the universities have responded under duress about language policies, I looked up what cis privilege is and the examples could all be applied to ANYONE if you just applied any modicum of critical thought. The article also mentioned trans people having a lack of "access to basic healthcare" based on their gender identity. Extensive cosmetic surgery and hormone therapy is NOT basic healthcare.
From what I've read it seems like what they get is in perfect parity with all other healthcare (in the UK at least). I think what they mean is they want the right to demand whatever treatment and surgery they like and I'm afraid not a single person in this jurisidiction at least has that 'right'.

I’ve finally caught up! Hello 😌

When I was 4/5, I went through a phase where I was terrified by the thought of growing up, being an adult - because it seemed too complicated and I couldn’t understand the chores and errands my mam had to do. I wanted to be a child forever. So I’d often cry and say “I don’t want to be a lady!!!” 😅 thankfully my family knew what I meant but I’m more thankful that this took place in the 90s!

Eta: Ohhhh duck off 🤢

“There are some people who play feminist dress-up, but they're still just plain old bigots.”

So... like men who play women dress up but they’re still just plain ol’ males?

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
"Health care for trans people includes hormone replacement therapy and various surgeries that do indeed partly change people’s sex and physical characteristics. As someone who has been taking hormones for over 10 years and has had sex reassignment surgery, my sex and physical characteristics are vastly different to those of cisgender men. We are hugely different physically. My sex characteristics have changed to a large degree, such as hair growth, fat distribution, muscle mass and many other health related factors — and my body is driven by oestrogen and progesterone. While some of my physical traits aren’t the same as of a cisgender woman either, it’s simply not accurate to say my sex characteristics have not changed. There is nuance here, something that the statement ‘sex cannot be changed’ ignores. "

- No one is saying some of your sex characteristics haven't changed. But your sex hasn't. If a woman takes a drug with the side effects provoking excessive hair growth(one of the examples listed), well like you one of her sex characteristics has changed but she hasn't changed sex and neither have you.

thoughts?

"Health care for trans people includes hormone replacement therapy and various surgeries that do indeed partly change people’s sex and physical characteristics. As someone who has been taking hormones for over 10 years and has had sex reassignment surgery, my sex and physical characteristics are vastly different to those of cisgender men. We are hugely different physically. My sex characteristics have changed to a large degree, such as hair growth, fat distribution, muscle mass and many other health related factors — and my body is driven by oestrogen and progesterone. While some of my physical traits aren’t the same as of a cisgender woman either, it’s simply not accurate to say my sex characteristics have not changed. There is nuance here, something that the statement ‘sex cannot be changed’ ignores. "

- No one is saying some of your sex characteristics haven't changed. But your sex hasn't. If a woman takes a drug with the side effects provoking excessive hair growth(one of the examples listed), well like you one of her sex characteristics has changed but she hasn't changed sex and neither have you.

thoughts?
Totally agree. You can change sex characteristics. You can change your outward appearance. You can take hormones to alter your chemistry and therefore your sex characteristics and appearance. You cannot change your biological sex

• Heart
Reactions: 16
His sex characteristics may have changed, but it would only be appropriate to say his sex had changed if he was now able to produce ova. I really like this video where Heather Heying and Bret Weinstein (who are evolutionary biologists) outline the difference between sex and gender. Heather is particularly brilliant on this topic.

Reactions: 7
His sex characteristics may have changed, but it would only be appropriate to say his sex had changed if he was now able to produce ova. I really like this video where Heather Heying and Bret Weinstein (who are evolutionary biologists) outline the difference between sex and gender. Heather is particularly brilliant on this topic.

Ah but not all women can produce Ova you're saying women who have had hysterectomy aren't women! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.