Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Here in the UK (I don't know the specifics about in NZ) Olympic Weightlifting is an incredibly difficult sport to get funding for and athletes have to crowd-fund their own entry fees to even get to the qualifying championships. There are a lot of problems with sex equality representation in the International Weightlifting Federation as well.

This makes me so upset for athletes that have struggled so hard to a) qualify and b) keep training during Covid who might lose out on a medal because of this 'inclusive' decision, especially because if they say that they don't think it's fair then that means that companies won't ever be willing to sponsor them, a lot of companies won't be willing to work with them, their name will be mud online, they'll be lied about and dragged through the press and a lot of people won't be willing to donate to any future crowd-funders, if their crowd-funders aren't removed in the first place by the platforms.

The only possible good thing that can come out of this is that so many people use the argument 'if transwomen have an advantage in sport then there would be trans olympians' and now people can say 'look, there is.' I'm sure that they'd just turn around and say 'it's only one, if they had an advantage there would be dozens.'

... and some day there will be. And people still won't care.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I don’t understand how anyone can think this is fair. Moreover, I don’t think anyone does actually think it’s fair. Fair would be starting some kind of trans olympics competition, which I would be 100% behind.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t understand how anyone can think this is fair. Moreover, I don’t think anyone does actually think it’s fair. Fair would be starting some kind of trans olympics competition, which I would be 100% behind.
I'm sorry but why do Trans need their own category, by definition the Olympics is the pinacle, I will never be good enough to compete, should I have my own special category to make me feel better. The Olympics should change their categories to Open and Women, anyone not fitting into the Womens category can compete in the Open category but of course we all know that that won't be acceptable as these athletes can't win in that category so better to stamp all over women in their pursuit of a medal.

Sorry not sorry but Laurel Hubbard is hideous 🤢

View attachment 562366

Just a mediocre male weightlifter so he has to steal the show from women. Should’ve stayed in retirement 😡
It's an utter farce, looks like a Man, poses like a Man, is still a bleeping Man to the rest of society.

Reactions: 10
It will peak load of people. A picture paints a thousand words

Surely of nothing else in ten years time the lib fems of today, in ten years time will have to face up to the fall out of all this tit and do something about it!

Reactions: 7
I'm sorry but why do Trans need their own category, by definition the Olympics is the pinacle, I will never be good enough to compete, should I have my own special category to make me feel better. The Olympics should change their categories to Open and Women, anyone not fitting into the Womens category can compete in the Open category but of course we all know that that won't be acceptable as these athletes can't win in that category so better to stamp all over women in their pursuit of a medal.
Well I don’t think that’s the same at all. I’m not suggesting a lowering of the standards required for such a competition to allow anyone to compete. I feel that a separate competition might be fairer not least because the range in what hormonal therapies trans people are on might vary. I thought (although could be wrong in which case someone please let me know) you’re not allowed to be injecting stuff like testosterone in sport as it gives an advantage. So if they had their own competition they’re competing like for like then, as with the Paralympics.

Reactions: 11
It will peak load of people. A picture paints a thousand words
Honestly I look at that picture and wonder what they were trying to achieve by transitioning, what is it about the way they look now that makes them feel happier. Maybe I'm ignorant but there is nothing feminine about them at all, they must have looked better as a Man than they do now. I've seen plenty of Trans Women and they atleast make an effort to look feminine even if, with the exception of 1, they were all clearly at some point Men but this person just looks like they have manboobs and long hair.

Well I don’t think that’s the same at all. I’m not suggesting a lowering of the standards required for such a competition to allow anyone to compete. I feel that a separate competition might be fairer not least because the range in what hormonal therapies trans people are on might vary. I thought (although could be wrong in which case someone please let me know) you’re not allowed to be injecting stuff like testosterone in sport as it gives an advantage. So if they had their own competition they’re competing like for like then, as with the Paralympics.
Where do you stop, people with shorter legs, people with size 2 feet, it would be endless. Competitive sport will never be equitable and we don't have a right to compete, let alone win. Life is full of choices, if you want to be an elite athlete then you do what Caitlyn did and win your medals then transition (although I recognise that wasn't a conscious choice) or you transition and accept that you can't compete professionally. Where we are now is County Standard athletes at best transition and then become world beaters which makes a mockery of competition. These 'athletes' are not anything special, they are not Olympic Standard athletes, they don't need their own category just to make them feel better.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Kinda pissed I can’t have breast reduction due to large and uneven breasts as it is deemed to be a psychological problem but this person can get bottom surgery because of the mental trauma it is causing them. The NHS needs to make their rules uniformed throughout otherwise it’s just unfair.
View attachment 562361
Im so sorry, that’s so tit you can’t get help. It’s funny because I 100% recognise that fear of summer, the fear of anyone suggesting beach holidays or inviting me anywhere I’d have to wear anything skimpy/swimwear, missing out on a lot of experiences because I was so so uncomfortable with my body, so I paid for my own therapy.

Are there any trans women that aren’t medal-winners or otherwise retired that are actually interested in sport in general?

A lot of the conversation seems to revolve around established people in sport, I’d genuinely love to know how younger people who want to compete at these levels feel

Reactions: 4
I would be suprised if Hubbard thinks he’s a woman at all. A fat, mediocre man who fancied winning a few medals abs being bathed in praise about how brave he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Where do you stop, people with shorter legs, people with size 2 feet, it would be endless. Competitive sport will never be equitable and we don't have a right to compete, let alone win. Life is full of choices, if you want to be an elite athlete then you do what Caitlyn did and win your medals then transition (although I recognise that wasn't a conscious choice) or you transition and accept that you can't compete professionally. Where we are now is County Standard athletes at best transition and then become world beaters which makes a mockery of competition. These 'athletes' are not anything special, they are not Olympic Standard athletes, they don't need their own category just to make them feel better.
I think you’ve totally missed the point of what I said. I’m not saying anyone has the right to compete at all, and for the second time, nor am I saying we should lower the standards (really not sure how much clearer I can be about that). I’m suggesting where there are Olympic standard trans athletes who qualify to compete, they need their own competition so that it’s fair for everyone else. I imagine in reality there wouldn’t be enough of them to warrant their own competition, but seeing as they keep banging on about it they should be advocating for their own competitions.

I have to say most TRAs on twitter come across very entitled, I do know a couple too in real life who seem to have never grown up. I think it comes down to the general entitlement people feel in my generation.

Reactions: 9
I think you’ve totally missed the point of what I said. I’m not saying anyone has the right to compete at all, and for the second time, nor am I saying we should lower the standards (really not sure how much clearer I can be about that). I’m suggesting where there are Olympic standard trans athletes who qualify to compete, they need their own competition so that it’s fair for everyone else. I imagine in reality there wouldn’t be enough of them to warrant their own competition, but seeing as they keep banging on about it they should be advocating for their own competitions.
No, I think you are missing the point, they aren't Olympic standard athletes, in fact most MtF trans aren't even County Standard before they transition, thats how huge the gulf in ability is between Men and Women. Besides that I doubt there are any Trans athletes that would want to compete in a Trans category.

Are there any trans women that aren’t medal-winners or otherwise retired that are actually interested in sport in general?

A lot of the conversation seems to revolve around established people in sport, I’d genuinely love to know how younger people who want to compete at these levels feel
Google High School Trans athletes in the US, the financial benefit to them is enormous if they can get a scholarship to University.

Reactions: 4
Oh the bloody replies to this tweet, I despair... I really do. Even the commies aren’t real commies according to the TRAs. I don’t understand why safeguarding women’s rights is so awful and “transphobic”.

• Sad
I follow Mallence on insta. She's a private account and she's mainly aesthetic photos but she made a post about women with wombs being magical (the one that the heroinejournal account reposted). She made a point specifically addressing transgender people because of the negative backlash she got on her women with wombs post on heroinejournal and how women can no longer discuss their wombs because of the entitlement transgender people have. Thandie Newton commented on it saying "this is absolutely electrifying. Thank you THANK YOU" Yay! Miniscule I know but it is nice to see that not everybody in the celebrity world is buying into the TRA crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Im so sorry, that’s so tit you can’t get help. It’s funny because I 100% recognise that fear of summer, the fear of anyone suggesting beach holidays or inviting me anywhere I’d have to wear anything skimpy/swimwear, missing out on a lot of experiences because I was so so uncomfortable with my body, so I paid for my own therapy.
I’m just so frustrated that it’s a postcode lottery and it doesn’t feel very fair. If trans people are allowed to get surgery on the nhs for their mental health then fine but so should other people. I mean I haven’t taken my bra off in front of any man ever, I don’t think. And I’m going to be 30 soon. I haven’t been swimming for ages because I would look like such a freak with my unevenness. Plus the unevenness have cause muscle and ligament problems that my doctor thinks is permanent due to the weight being unable to disperse evenly and I’m on pain daily. Much like trans men I tape my breast down (over my bra) because some days that’s the only support I can really get because there is nothing out there affordable bra wise. Sorry for being a downer everyone, I just wish it was fair, that’s all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
What I don’t understand is if TRAs recognise there is a difference between sex and gender why can’t
‘Female’ be used?

I’m just so frustrated that it’s a postcode lottery and it doesn’t feel very fair. If trans people are allowed to get surgery on the nhs for their mental health then fine but so should other people. I mean I haven’t taken my bra off in front of any man ever, I don’t think. And I’m going to be 30 soon. I haven’t been swimming for ages because I would look like such a freak with my unevenness. Plus the unevenness have cause muscle and ligament problems that my doctor thinks is permanent due to the weight being unable to disperse evenly and I’m on pain daily. Much like trans men I tape my breast down (over my bra) because some days that’s the only support I can really get because there is nothing out there affordable bra wise. Sorry for being a downer everyone, I just wish it was fair, that’s all.
No worries about posting here ❤ You make a very valid point. Sorry about your pain, that’s so unfair :(

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.