Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
It's a different topic to the ones we've been discussing but still very much in the gender rights debate - reading the tweet about the ACLU earlier reminded me of this short documentary about the fight to outlaw child marriage in the US and the ACLU opposing the ban. It's a very interesting watch but (as a warning) it does go into some detail about CSA that the victims suffered.

Reactions: 4

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
Blocked and Reported have done another podcast about GL. It’s clear from the comments on patreon and his sub stack they haven’t actually talked to him, or taken into account the state of things in the U.K. I don’t think GL is perfect. But for a normally critically thinking pair of journalists they’ve really let me down with the lack of research or willingness to actually talk to him.
Just listened to it (I hadn't heard their initial podcast because I am not one of their patreon supporters). I can see their points about tone occasionally but especially the bits after they played the episode sounded so deeply patronising. I agree with people who say that they don't think either of them would be critical of cancel culture unless they had been victims of it themselves.

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
She expected this man not to rape her because she claimed to be a man? Did she hope he’d move on to a woman who didn’t say she was a man?

Delusional doesn’t even begin to cover it. Men know instantly who to rape, and women know instantly when a person is a member of the class that does the raping.
It's really sad that happened to her but I guess she assumed that, if he was straight, and found out she identified as a man, that he wouldn't want to attack her anymore.

• Sad
Yeah, some parents are awful but I think I automatically saw the middle name change comment from a more selfish point of view (the person didn't say the mother was opposed to them being trans, just that they would be upset about the name change) - my sister isn't trans but she is a raging narcissist and she changed her names (first, middle and last) to deliberately torment our parents so the whole flippant 'well, they'll just have to deal with it' struck a nerve.
That makes sense. Yeah, most surnames when used as a given name are considered gender-neutral anyway, looks like this one is just trying to deliberately piss off the parents. In that respect a lot of cases of teens/young people identifying as trans really are just like the way they used to become goths, punks, emos, skaters, etc. at similar ages. I wouldn't listen to anyone that insists there's no element of social contagion or peer pressure involved

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
Slight tangent but is anyone here in London? I'm trying to decide who to vote for in the upcoming mayoral election. Previously I've always voted for the Labour candidate, but since my anti-woke awakening last year I have no fixed political abode anymore. I don't want to end up voting for someone who doesn't know what a woman is! Anyone had any thoughts on this?
I don't live there anymore but Lesbian & Gay News put out an article with the background of each candidate's women's rights and trans rights viewpoints. Count BinFace seems like your best option - I don't envy your choice.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
‘December’s cruel High Court ruling in the Keira Bell v Tavistock case effectively banned puberty blockers for trans under 16s in England and Wales, unless they got permission from the court. But on 26 March, that ruling was effectively reversed.’ - wow, I didn’t know about this!

• Sad

Peachsquish

VIP Member
If you’re a transwoman why would you have even been sent that leaflet? I’m assuming the NHS must keep your sex recorded because otherwise how else would transmen receive it? I get they’re probably just covering all eventualities and cock ups but really...
Can only presume that the leaflets (first printed before Covid) would have also been available in doctors and sexual health clinics as well as being sent out with cervical screening letters.

emm

VIP Member
Slight tangent but is anyone here in London? I'm trying to decide who to vote for in the upcoming mayoral election. Previously I've always voted for the Labour candidate, but since my anti-woke awakening last year I have no fixed political abode anymore. I don't want to end up voting for someone who doesn't know what a woman is! Anyone had any thoughts on this?
I think honestly, irrespective of the gender issue, voting anyone other than labour just splits the vote and raises the possibility of a tory mayor, which would be awful

maytoseptember

VIP Member

I was going to post this yesterday but forgot about it. Tell me again that these men aren’t mentally unwell. Needs sectioning IMO.
The mannerisms and prosody absolutely scream autism. The violent fantasies scream mentally ill incel. I saw this post the other day and one of the replies was “we need to talk more about cormorbidities” and I thought, yup, nail on head.