Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you put it like she did - it seems so logical. Especially with the US sports scholarship system for higher education. Of course the backlash is predictable.

Reactions: 13
I was just coming on to see if that had been posted. Surprised and delighted by it - and the reaction on Twitter is as predictable as you'd expect.
I'm not on Twitter but I can imagine the reaction. The argument that MTF can't compete is bogus, they just can't compete at the level that almost guarantees them winning, there is always the Open category otherwise known as the Mens but as these people are only average athletes when competing in that category they just want to trample over Women, no sisterhood there.

Reactions: 12
Re- Linehan. I must admit I used to think he was a tit, but actually, the more of his stuff I read, the more I agree with.
I've always sided with him because he's been sticking up for women/lesbians all this time and getting dragged on Twitter over it. He's been a voice of reason in the madness.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Back when I was on Twitter a trans writer I followed (I also followed Linehan) started calling out her followers who also followed him. It got to the point she was saying how many and now she couldn’t believe it and you had to choose and it seemed like she was going to name and shame accounts that weren’t high profile or public to incite a pile on of loyal followers. It felt like bullying and that you can’t follow someone with other points of view. To categorise someone taking on a wide range of views as personal violence against you is extreme in my opinion.

Reactions: 15
You only need to look at Ellen/ Elliot Paige's interview with Oprah to see how unhappy they are. Transitioning does not seem to have helped, it's actually painful to watch
In the case of Elliot I feel they are a tragedy waiting to happen. In that interview with Oprah, Elliot looked so ill and fragile. I'm certain the acting work is going to dry up, what are they going to play, male characters? And he cant play females as he said wearing female clothes makes him faint. I just dont see this ending well. What Elliott needed before all this transitioning was a good, and honest, psychiatrist.

Reactions: 18
I'm delighted that Caitlin Jenner said that, makes perfect sense as he is also an elite sportsperson and is probably pissed at mediocre sportsmen trying to get an advantage by competing against girls.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm delighted that Caitlin Jenner said that, makes perfect sense as he is also an elite sportsperson and is probably pissed at mediocre sportsmen trying to get an advantage by competing against girls.
I like to think he was thinking of his own daughters as he said this. I don’t like the praise he got for transitioning or the managing to get away with the car accident but, we can’t deny this is a male athelete speaking from athletic experience, that it is biologically unfair to all males to take over female scholarships and opportunities. Hopefully this will highlight to the woke that some trans people don’t subscribe to all of the gender ideology, and that kind of blows some holes into their gender religion. Jenner is flawed but I’ll thank him for speaking up for Sports at least.

Back when I was on Twitter a trans writer I followed (I also followed Linehan) started calling out her followers who also followed him. It got to the point she was saying how many and now she couldn’t believe it and you had to choose and it seemed like she was going to name and shame accounts that weren’t high profile or public to incite a pile on of loyal followers. It felt like bullying and that you can’t follow someone with other points of view. To categorise someone taking on a wide range of views as personal violence against you is extreme in my opinion.
Mary Beard - a historian - was subjected to abuse on twitter this week simply for following some GC people. A TRA basically said “there’s a few GCs in your follows” and Mary said well I like to follow a range of people to be aware of multiple views. I paraphrase, but essentially that’s the crux of it. Some other academics joined in the attack though - typical.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
I like to think he was thinking of his own daughters as he said this. I don’t like the praise he got for transitioning or the managing to get away with the car accident but, we can’t deny this is a male athelete speaking from athletic experience, that it is biologically unfair to all males to take over female scholarships and opportunities. Hopefully this will highlight to the woke that some trans people don’t subscribe to all of the gender ideology, and that kind of blows some holes into their gender religion. Jenner is flawed but I’ll thank him for speaking up for Sports at least.

Mary Beard - a historian - was subjected to abuse on twitter this week simply for following some GC people. A TRA basically said “there’s a few GCs in your follows” and Mary said well I like to follow a range of people to be aware of multiple views. I paraphrase, but essentially that’s the crux of it. Some other academics joined in the attack though - typical.
Personally I don't think anyone can call themselves an academic if they don't accept that people should be exposed to a variety of views.

That Jenner has actually killed a person and can think of running for governor is horrifying. But on this topic has spoken sense.

Reactions: 8
In the case of Elliot I feel they are a tragedy waiting to happen. In that interview with Oprah, Elliot looked so ill and fragile. I'm certain the acting work is going to dry up, what are they going to play, male characters? And he cant play females as he said wearing female clothes makes him faint. I just dont see this ending well. What Elliott needed before all this transitioning was a good, and honest, psychiatrist.
What the hell are “female clothes”? I think EP needs to educate themselves on the history of clothing and fashion. You mean an actor can no longer bring themselves to wear a costume now? I think you’re in the wrong profession if that’s the case.

What do you all think of John Barrowman being accused of getting his dick out and putting it on people without consent? I think because Noel Clarke’s allegations are more widespread I think what JB has done will be swept under the carpet.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I was just coming on to see if that had been posted. Surprised and delighted by it - and the reaction on Twitter is as predictable as you'd expect.
I saw the story on Instagram and the comments section there seemed to mainly be in support of Jenner's views with reasoned arguments. I fail to see how TRAs can belittle her views so much. She literally has experience competing in elite male sports and living as a transgender person.

One person pointed out that we don't believe it's segregation for the Paralympics when it comes to celebrating differently abled-bodies so why do we when it comes to transgender men and women. It's misogyny plain and simple.

Reactions: 13
What do you all think of John Barrowman being accused of getting his dick out and putting it on people without consent? I think because Noel Clarke’s allegations are more widespread I think what JB has done will be swept under the carpet.
It's apparently been common knowledge for many years but I never heard about it so it's already been swept under the carpet in a sense. I saw the Noel Clarke video talking (imitating) it and the women on the stage looked so uncomfortable at remembering it.

Reactions: 8
Not a huge fan of Caitlin(!!) but at least they are talking common sense. Being an athlete with daughters probably makes it very clear that men in women’s sports is unfair and dangerous. And in a relationship with another trans woman so leaving lesbians alone.

Reactions: 10
Not a huge fan of Caitlin(!!) but at least they are talking common sense. Being an athlete with daughters probably makes it very clear that men in women’s sports is unfair and dangerous. And in a relationship with another trans woman so leaving lesbians alone.
I saw someone on twitter saying that they have to give their Olympic medals back if they believe that transwomen shouldn't play sports... no, they were won in the men's competition 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I remember many years ago when I used to get popbitch emails there was always stories/rumours about barrowman. It was around the time of torch wood. And there was like a big fake eyeball that was part of the props in every episode..I remember one of the stories was about how he put it up his bum and used to then bend over and show all the people on set. Everyone was sick of him in those days

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Look at how they are calling Jenner a “traitor” on Twitter just because as a transwoman Caitlyn doesn’t prescribe to leftist thinking. Do these people think trans people should automatically place themselves on a certain point on the political spectrum just because they are trans?

The world, people and politics are not so black and white as they seem to see things. We’ve discussed this before but I consider myself quite politically left but on this issue I suppose some would consider me far, which is sad because it’s not true at all.

Reactions: 16
I always got creepy massive ego vibes from Barrowman, loves himself a lot I reckon. I'm not surprised at his behaviour, he should n't get away with it either.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.