Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My jaw is on the floor. It's one of the worst things I've ever seen. And those slurs are a false equivalence anyway but I can't believe someone typed them out. I would never ever type out the N word. The person behind that Twitter has actually called her those things without directly saying it. I'm so shocked

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I don’t know why women bother with Twitter, especially women of colour. I stopped in January for the month and have never gone back.

Reactions: 17
Instead of reporting the post, shouldn’t people who know him be supporting him or showing how this isn’t helpful to him?
I'd like to hope there is someone who can give that kind of support to them, but they seem pretty reliant on the Facebook group so I'm not confident they're getting anything other than cheerleading (any replies that weren't about how brave and beautiful they are were deleted). That said, I only know what's posted on Facebook so maybe there is a voice of reason hidden behind the scenes.

Reactions: 6
In my role in the last month, 6 of us were working with teenagers. 2 out of those 6 young people were ‘gender questioning’- both female, referred to selves as NB. No one pointed out that it was quite surprising. I keep trying to bring up this huge recent rise in girls saying they’re trans but as lovely as the team is, they’re the type that would say there should be sani pads in the boys’ loos so 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 9
My jaw is on the floor. It's one of the worst things I've ever seen. And those slurs are a false equivalence anyway but I can't believe someone typed them out. I would never ever type out the N word. The person behind that Twitter has actually called her those things without directly saying it. I'm so shocked
Actualy they have directly called her that by saying 'calling a spade a spade' ie those names are approriate but no longer acceptable

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I'm so glad I stick mainly to farming Twitter, which is a much nicer place. I do follow Alison Bailey though and I was shocked to see that earlier.

Reactions: 6
I don’t know why women bother with Twitter, especially women of colour. I stopped in January for the month and have never gone back.
To be honest, you could say that about pretty much all social media sites. I'm pretty sure most young people would be much happier without them

Reactions: 7
This is one of the most shocking things I've ever seen. The racism is in plain view

I just want to give Allison a hug, what’s being directed at her is horrific. I couldn’t even think of those words let alone write them out and not sensor it!

From their Twitter it looks like the Alliance is run by a person of colour? So they are allowed to say those terms.

Reactions: 9
I finished a book called The Vanishing Half today which had a ftm character in. The way the character was written and their identity struggle (whilst not the focus of the book) was beautiful.

I think I am like most people here, I do not hate trans people whatsoever. I really feel for them and their struggles in life. I completely support them I'm their quest to like a life that feels true and comfortable to them. I don't think it is appropriate for children to be given puberty blockers which could affect their fertility in the future when they generally are seen by the law as not having capacity to consent to a lot of things until they are 18. As I mentioned in my previous post it is even more unacceptable for children to be given these when grown women are denied the right to make their own reproductive decisions. I am not sure if people realise that a women who seeks an abortion in the UK needs the consent of two Doctors.

I know there has been press in the US about states banning trans athletes from competing against girls in high school sports. To me it beggars belief, that in something where there are sex defined categories because biological females cannot compete against biological males that this discussion is even being had.

Unfortunately I think there are a lot of people around now who want to be different because it's cool or they want to be seen as woke.

I don't understand the pronouns thing. If someone is talking to me they will use my name. I'm unlikely to be around if they are talking about me so if they us the wrong pronouns (unlikely) I won't be there to be offended.

I would argue that people who claim to be non-binary are just reinforcing gender stereotypes. There are a lot of men out there (predominately gay males) who wear make up and women who have cropped hair/like sports/don't cook/don't want to be mother's etc. Doesn't mean they aren't men or women. Whose to say what feeling like a man or a women is anyway, you just are.

I've never joined Twitter and glad I haven't because of all the rubbish that seems to go on there. It's very sad to me as someone who is fairly Liberal that proper discussions can't be had about these issues.

Reactions: 24
I finished a book called The Vanishing Half today which had a ftm character in. The way the character was written and their identity struggle (whilst not the focus of the book) was beautiful.

I think I am like most people here, I do not hate trans people whatsoever. I really feel for them and their struggles in life. I completely support them I'm their quest to like a life that feels true and comfortable to them. I don't think it is appropriate for children to be given puberty blockers which could affect their fertility in the future when they generally are seen by the law as not having capacity to consent to a lot of things until they are 18. As I mentioned in my previous post it is even more unacceptable for children to be given these when grown women are denied the right to make their own reproductive decisions. I am not sure if people realise that a women who seeks an abortion in the UK needs the consent of two Doctors.

I know there has been press in the US about states banning trans athletes from competing against girls in high school sports. To me it beggars belief, that in something where there are sex defined categories because biological females cannot compete against biological males that this discussion is even being had.

Unfortunately I think there are a lot of people around now who want to be different because it's cool or they want to be seen as woke.

I don't understand the pronouns thing. If someone is talking to me they will use my name. I'm unlikely to be around if they are talking about me so if they us the wrong pronouns (unlikely) I won't be there to be offended.

I would argue that people who claim to be non-binary are just reinforcing gender stereotypes. There are a lot of men out there (predominately gay males) who wear make up and women who have cropped hair/like sports/don't cook/don't want to be mother's etc. Doesn't mean they aren't men or women. Whose to say what feeling like a man or a women is anyway, you just are.

I've never joined Twitter and glad I haven't because of all the rubbish that seems to go on there. It's very sad to me as someone who is fairly Liberal that proper discussions can't be had about these issues.
I've read your whole post and I've considered your contribution. However a woman's right to choose AFAIS, it is sacrosanct, women should get access to abortion services as freely as possible! I'm a gay man, however in limited circumstances the male parent might be considered, it is fundamentally up to the woman. The whole TRA nonsense seeminly erases this and it angers me. I would like to see more liberalised access to such services, where it doesn't require the agreement of two doctors or medical professionals. In an ideal world no one wants abortions, but life is not that simple. I support, respect, trust women to make the right decision for themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
This is one of the most shocking things I've ever seen. The racism is in plain view

A spade a spade?? damn they're not even hiding it.

I just want to give Allison a hug, what’s being directed at her is horrific. I couldn’t even think of those words let alone write them out and not sensor it!

From their Twitter it looks like the Alliance is run by a person of colour? So they are allowed to say those terms.
Actually only black people can say that to other black people. Still offensive but yeah.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The person running that account shouldn't get a free pass on that despicable tweet even if they are people of colour. Also it's a total false equivalence

Reactions: 12
The left wing and liberal groups aren’t immune to bigots infiltrating them. Right wingers always get terms like Facist and Nazi slung their way, but it’s clear that racists, misogynists, homophobes and all round bigoted dickheads wrap themselves with a rainbow or Labour flag as camouflage just as readily as their opponents daub themselves with swastikas.

I hope Bailey wins - it won’t stop the other side but it will carry on shining a light on the going-ons of the likes of Stonewall who are somehow escaping media scrutiny in their anti-lesbian crusade. I know Peter Tatchell gave zero fucks about women, so Stonewall is just continuing his tradition I suppose.

Reactions: 12
The person running that account shouldn't get a free pass on that despicable tweet even if they are people of colour. Also it's a total false equivalence
they shouldn't but it happens a lot when one thinks differently then how they "should think".

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.