Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My God Maya is a strong woman! So bloody brave, I take my hat off to her!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She really is! I do wonder though, why is it up to normal women like Maya to fight this? Where the hell are the politicians?

Reactions: 12
I emailed my local Tory MP with my concerns about everything that's going on and how I feel politically homeless. He sent such a well thought out response and clearly agrees with us all.

Are you ladies letting the gender debate have an impact on your vote? I feel stuck.

Reactions: 15
I emailed my local Tory MP with my concerns about everything that's going on and how I feel politically homeless. He sent such a well thought out response and clearly agrees with us all.

Are you ladies letting the gender debate have an impact on your vote? I feel stuck.
I can't. I can't bring myself to vote for the tories bc there are other aspects of my identity that are in complete contrast with their policies. I also despise my tory mp so I'll be voting for Labour.

Reactions: 9

I feel extremley stuck. I have voted for Labour and Lib Dems before, well I won't be doing that again! I won't vote for the bloody Greens. And I cannot bring myself to vote tory. However I don't not want to vote, it's too important

She really is! I do wonder though, why is it up to normal women like Maya to fight this? Where the hell are the politicians?
Yeah where the hell are the politicians??!?!
and where the hell are the men? I know we have some guys on our side but my god! Sitting back knowing full well what biological reality is, dismissing it as not a big deal. Livid

Last edited:
Has anyone read ‘The Curious History of Sex’ by Kate Lister? She does the Whores of Yore page on twitter which is interesting and has a few historical hotties featured. Anyway, I bought the book... immediately rolling my eyes in the first chapter:
581C5778-683D-47BD-A3A4-DEEBD852209F.jpeg

Okaaaay, I’m quite sure that all biological women have them (unless there is some medical issue) and no biological man does.
I put that aside and got into a good chapter on the clitoris. Continue on to this chapter about men’s orgasms. Begins the chapter with numerous studies about how hard WOMEN have it compared to men. Adds studies about trans women finding it hard?!? I thought we were discussing clitoral/vaginal orgasms here?! Put your trans women orgasm studies with the male ones and talk about it there as it’s about having a PENIS inverted and made into a tube ffs. Just because they now say they are women, it’s still a MALE orgasm and shouldn’t be anywhere near the part about women struggling to orgasm. One more nonsense paragraph and I give up.
C1AC6DB3-7858-4308-A193-89E349D78CF4.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I've voted for a different party each time. 🙊 I feel politically homeless at the moment. I won't knowingly vote for an MP who says womens rights are not important, but the leaflets I've had through the door have focused on economic promises which I think they will expect to get voted in for. Nothing on the leaflets about sex based protections. I think I will have to do some research.

Reactions: 10
This honestly makes me feel like crying - the situation for gay men in Iran is horrendous - if they are caught and one partner doesn't undergo a forced sex change then both are executed. A lot of the time the one who does go through with it ends up killing themselves because they can't cope with what was done to them.

I haven't decided yet and I'm honestly struggling. I've been an almost life-long labour voter (with one lib dem vote thrown in) and I come from a mining family and grew up below the poverty line but... at the moment I'm leaning towards my first Tory vote ever, which is something I never thought I'd say. Labour are basically Tory-lite at this point and, bizarrely (it feels like upside down world), the Tories are currently the least homophobic party of the main four - they're the only mainstream party that doesn't constantly tell me I can like dick if I try hard enough.

I'm going to research each candidate and their promises individually and try not to judge them based on party and make my choice based on that but I might not know who I'll vote for until I'm actually in the polling booth.

If people don't know who all their candidates are - I found a handy postcode checker: https://whocanivotefor.co.uk/

• Wow
Reactions: 14

Not in the U.K but, yes it does. First I believe that if I have to vote for a party I don't like, it will be worth it if it means keeping the status quo and not making things worse for women. The idea that you can have mixed sex changing rooms, bathrooms in schools is horrifying - I would have hated changing in front of my bullies and boys in general. Also from my experience the left is more racist then the right, and there's other reasons.

Reactions: 11
I feel like this too! It’s really tricky. I’ve always considered myself to be quite open minded, and a left voter, but recently I am concerned that the left is just becoming too left wing, and I can only see it getting worse. I feel myself becoming more and more right wing, which also has its problems 🙈 very difficult!

I’ve felt stuck on this for so long but honestly I feel so strongly about this now that if I have to hold my nose and vote for the people I honestly never thought I would vote for, that’s what I will be doing

• Heart
This honestly makes me feel like crying - the situation for gay men in Iran is horrendous - if they are caught and one partner doesn't undergo a forced sex change then both are executed. A lot of the time the one who does go through with it ends up killing themselves because they can't cope with what was done to them.
JFC are you serious?! That’s horrendous!!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Labour are basically Tory-lite at this point
Exactly and that makes it even easier tbh because I don’t feel like I would be that enthused voting for Labour anyway, so if I’m voting for someone I’m not keen on I might as well vote for someone who isn’t hellbent on telling me my rights don’t matter

Elliott Page has said he knew he was a boy since he was a toddler. A “toddler” is a child between the ages of 1-3 or some might include 3-4 maybe. I have a lot of recent experience with children that age. They literally haven’t a clue about anything. My 2 year old referred to his baby sister as his brother, because he was struggling to get the difference. Now at 3 he gets it, but he turns around in twenty years & says he knew at 3 he was female, I’ll know he’s lying. He hasn’t a clue, he’s an average 3 year old, I really really doubt Elliott Page knew at 3 he was a boy.
Why does it matter? Because it’s misleading
young people to think that they could have known something at an age where that’s not even possible.
I absolutely believe in transgenderism, but I think any physical interventions should happen close to adulthood when the person’s brain is fully mature. Claiming that toddlers understand gender is dishonest & misleading.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Elliott Page has said he knew he was a boy since he was a toddler. A “toddler” is a child between the ages of 1-3 or some might include 3-4 maybe. I have a lot of recent experience with children that age. They literally haven’t a clue about anything. My 2 year old referred to his baby sister as his brother, because he was struggling to get the difference. Now at 3 he gets it, but he turns around in twenty years & says he knew at 3 he was female, I’ll know he’s lying. He hasn’t a clue, he’s an average 3 year old, I really really doubt Elliott Page knew at 3 he was a boy.
young people to think that they could have known something at an age where that’s not even possible.
I absolutely believe in transgenderism, but I think any physical interventions should happen close to adulthood when the person’s brain is fully mature. Claiming that toddlers understand gender is dishonest & misleading.
a brain's full maturity is at 25, and psychological theories don't support that claim. 2-3 years old you are in the Anal stage/Potty training stage according to Freud. The building blocks of your relationship with your parents form amongst other things. ie. having trouble pooping during this stage? there's some sort of anxiety/reticence towards your mum, you do not want to give her what she wants.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
JFC are you serious?! That’s horrendous!!
It might not be a lot of suicides (there was a documentary made a few years ago but I couldn't face watching it that mentioned it had happened to a lot of people the participant knew) but the numbers of forced sex changes are staggering:

That's an article that goes into it more in depth - more than 4000 surgeries a year. It is a Sun link but it's an archive version so they won't get revenue/views if you click it.

I think that you can probably convince a three year old that they're trans if you tell them over and over but I do think in some cases it can be false memories. We've talked before on these threads about OCD and there have been times where, even though I know for a fact that something isn't true and never happened I can remember it fully because when you ruminate on something, your brain is capable of creating a memory to fit it. Brains are bizarre like that. I'm sure that if you have realised that you're trans as an adult then you'll do a lot of soul searching and ruminating and it could easily lead you to 'remember' thoughts and feelings and memories that never happened.

Last edited:
  • Sad
It might not be a lot of suicides (there was a documentary made a few years ago but I couldn't face watching it that mentioned it had happened to a lot of people the participant knew) but the numbers of forced sex changes are staggering:

That’s so heartbreaking, it makes me want to burst into tears.

Reactions: 7
That’s so heartbreaking, it makes me want to burst into tears.
There are also literal gay concentration camps in Chechnya where gay men are held without trial, tortured and, in some cases, murdered by the state. It's just horrible and it feels like these sorts of stories should be more well known and there should be more outrage but it's been years and the world has mostly shrugged their shoulders at it. Some countries (including the UK) have 'strongly condemned' it but that's basically waggling a finger and going 'well that's not very nice, would you mind stopping it?'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.