Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not been keeping up 100% with the live tweeting but from what I have read, it seems that opposing counsel submitted that belief in biological sex is akin to Holocaust denial. Absolutely gobsmacking to be honest.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
It gets worse

I've not been keeping up 100% with the live tweeting but from what I have read, it seems that opposing counsel submitted that belief in biological sex is akin to Holocaust denial. Absolutely gobsmacking to be honest.
Snap!

Is there no depths they will sink to?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
No, of course no one is born a fully grown human. :rolleyes:

ETA: on the follow police, a few people I know online do this or use the shinigami eyes extension to make sure they never interact with people or websites with opposing views.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I think even if the case loses it's still a win as it might peak even more people especially with such ludicrous arguments from the opposing counsel. One thing it will definitely show is that women aren't prepared to take this lying down

Reactions: 12
i used to follow quite a few TRA to get their point of the view and it was literally people just going
"PSA: TRANSWOMAN ARE WOMEN
PSA: IF YOU DON'T INCLUDE TRANSWOMEN IN YOUR FEMINISM YOU'RE NOT A FEMINIST
now i'm a girl i like doing *insert feminine stereotype here*"
I ended up unfollowing a decent amount bc I found it depressing that they'd spent all year bleating on about transwomen and couldn't say a single word about sarah everard. i do still follow a couple though just to keep myself up to date and i don't follow any gender critical people bc i don't want to get harassed so i don't think people following a certain type of person is at all relevant to their views.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
That is shocking..I thought that I’d read that wrong initially, I would have thought the opposite would be the case, that denying biology would be akin to Holocaust denial.

Reactions: 9
No, of course no one is born a fully grown human. :rolleyes:

ETA: on the follow police, a few people I know online do this or use the shinigami eyes extension to make sure they never interact with people or websites with opposing views.
We don't need an extension to identify TRAs. Their anime avatars and pronouns in the bio does the work of an extension

• Heart
Reactions: 10
now i'm a girl i like doing *insert feminine stereotype here*"

One of the most annoying ones to me is 'now that I've been on E for one week I can't open jars anymore, it's proof I'm a woman"... yeah, most women can usually open most jars just fine.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
Such a terrible argument. That's the kind of argument that might get likes and applause on TRA Twitter but just looks stupid in a court of law.
it is the kind of argument that works well for twitter as it is brief and leaves no room for nuance. She must be spinning in her grave

• Heart
Reactions: 12
One of the most annoying ones to me is 'now that I've been on E for one week I can't open jars anymore, it's proof I'm a woman"... yeah, most women can usually open most jars just fine.
It fits in with their fantasy of women being helpless feeble beings that need a man to do stuff for them. Their fetish seems to be centred around it

Looks like the judgement will take a couple of months (re: the Maya case).
Disappointing that we have to wait when there was a hint yesterday that they might confirm today but, hopefully the judge will consider this properly and come out with common sense.

Reactions: 10
Disappointing that we have to wait when there was a hint yesterday that they might confirm today but, hopefully the judge will consider this properly and come out with common sense.
I predict a mass letter writing campaign to the judge organised by Stonewall and Mermaids.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It will be calmly written and not at all dramatic or over the top

"This is literally killing trans people"

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m crossing my fingers the indication yesterday means they know what the outcome will be, but obviously needs a very clear, detailed judgment (not least to avoid appeal) dealing with all points put forward in full. All things considered it is preferable, as much as I am disappointed to have to wait.

So by saying biological sex is real, I am as bad as a... holocaust denier? As a Jewish woman, I find that bleeping horrifying.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
So by saying biological sex is real, I am as bad as a... holocaust denier? As a Jewish woman, I find that bleeping horrifying.
I read today that Maya is Jewish, I didn’t know this. They have told a Jewish woman her belief in sex is the same as denying the Holocaust. I actually find it pretty scary that this is even a line of argument permissible in open court to be honest.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.