Gender Discussion #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
a girl i work with told me her 7 year old step son is a year group with a trans identifying child. she is seven and female but identifies as a boy and even gets changed with the boys for pe…
Who's to blame here? The parents or the school
Either way this is appalling.

Reactions: 24
Anothrr day, another beauty brand (well, retailer in this case) using men to sell make up to women.

The before:

View attachment 3014131

The after:

View attachment 3014132

I don’t know about you, but his gormless expression (I think he’s trying to slay, as my 12yo would say) doesn’t make me want to run out and buy that lipgloss. And what the duck did he do to his right eye? 😂

Comment:
View attachment 3014135

The Times is a Tory paper though, so they’re going to be big on the anti-Labour editorials.

That’s not to denigrate the paper (I am politically homeless, and The Guardian is a garbage fire compared with the Times/Telegraph IMO) just pointing out that all newspapers have political allegiances. I remember when The Mirror came out in support of Labour before the 1997 election and what a big deal that was.
He looks awful, definitely not a good advertisement for that beauty studio.

Reactions: 11
Anothrr day, another beauty brand (well, retailer in this case) using men to sell make up to women.

The before:

View attachment 3014131

The after:

View attachment 3014132

I don’t know about you, but his gormless expression (I think he’s trying to slay, as my 12yo would say) doesn’t make me want to run out and buy that lipgloss. And what the duck did he do to his right eye? 😂
I don't always have a problem with men selling makeup as I follow Wayne Goss and Robert Welsh on YouTube and enjoy their videos, but that looks like he allowed a young child to experiment with mummy's makeup on his face! He looked awful. That yellow around the eyes just looked like old bruises. Is he a parody account or something. He can't possibly think that's good make up application

Reactions: 15
Oh ffs, a party political broadcast just on BBC Scotland for the Green Party with ‘performance poet’ Gray Crosbie 🙄 as soon as I saw her i thought i’d bet my left testicle (if i had one) that they’re a they - googled and yes 🤦🏻‍♀️ non binary now but previously a trans male and has had at least a mastectomy off my quick google.
Sad thing is I have nobody I can consider voting for, previously used Green as my second vote in the Scottish system of AMS (Scottish Parliament) and STV (Council) but absolutely no way would I vote for them now. I’d actually vote Tory now before I’d vote Green (and I would NEVER vote Tory even with a gun to my head!).
When will this madness end?!

Reactions: 10

The before:

View attachment 3014131

The after:

View attachment 3014132

Comment:
View attachment 3014135
Did a 7 year old girl apply that make up?! Looks like the shittest filter ever! Wear make up if you want, man or woman i don’t care, but ffs for the love of all that is holy PLEASE d

The before:

View attachment 3014131

The after:

View attachment 3014132

Comment:
View attachment 3014135
🤣🤣🤣 did a 7 year old apply that make up?! Ffs it’s awful, like the worst filter ever 🤷🏻‍♀️ have we stooped this low that an advert featuring a man in make up is being used even though he looks like 💩 just cos he’s a man?! 🤦🏻‍♀️ it’s 2024, if you want to wear make up just wear it JFC but don’t come at me looking like Stevie Wonder’s dug did your make up and expect me to tell you you look fabulous 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I have been travelling over the last few days with a wheelchair user. The irony of being surrounded by flags and warm messages about how everyone’s important/equality for all when train companies are bloody hopeless at access requirements - ramps are missing, lifts aren’t working, the wheelchair space is next to the loo and full of luggage - just makes me want to scream.

Anyone who is LGB or even T and thinks big business cares is an idiot.

As is Emma bleeping Bunton

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
So Labour now wants to meet with JK Rowling:

'Rachel Reeves said the party would be “really happy” to “give her assurances” over its plans to change the process through which people can legally change gender.

Speaking in Scotland, Reeves said protection for women-only spaces would “absolutely stay”, adding: “We’re not going to be changing anything around biological sex … we’re really happy to talk to JK Rowling to give her assurances about that.”'

Starmer also seeing how the land lies makes one of his usual u-turns:

'Starmer echoed Reeves’s desire for the party to have a meeting with Rowling.

“I respect her,” he said of the author. “She has made some really important points. I’d welcome that discussion.'

So, Labour, and Starmer in particular, refuse to even acknowledge let alone apologise to Rosie Duffield, but are rushing to give assurances to an influential world famous author. They are so cynical.

JK Rowling says she's happy to meet with Labour if they first meet up with Keep Prisons Single Sex, Lesbian Labour, Women’s Right’s Network, Women’s Place UK and LGB Alliance. She's making it clear that she doesn't want a meeting for PR/window dressing purposes but for Labour to finally recognise and understand the rights that they are undermining and that we are trying to preserve. Given the previous statements of the likes of Lammy, Creasy, Rayner, Nandy etal, I think this is still meaningless.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
So Labour now wants to meet with JK Rowling:

'Rachel Reeves said the party would be “really happy” to “give her assurances” over its plans to change the process through which people can legally change gender.

Speaking in Scotland, Reeves said protection for women-only spaces would “absolutely stay”, adding: “We’re not going to be changing anything around biological sex … we’re really happy to talk to JK Rowling to give her assurances about that.”'

Starmer also seeing how the land lies makes one of his usual u-turns:

'Starmer echoed Reeves’s desire for the party to have a meeting with Rowling.

“I respect her,” he said of the author. “She has made some really important points. I’d welcome that discussion.'

So, Labour, and Starmer in particular, refuse to even acknowledge let alone apologise to Rosie Duffield, but are rushing to give assurances to an influential world famous author. They are so cynical.

JK Rowling says she's happy to meet with Labour if they first meet up with Keep Prisons Single Sex, Lesbian Labour, Women’s Right’s Network, Women’s Place UK and LGB Alliance. She's making it clear that she doesn't want a meeting for PR/window dressing purposes but for Labour to finally recognise and understand the rights that they are undermining and that we are trying to preserve. Given the previous statements of the likes of Lammy, Creasy, Rayner, Nandy etal, I think this is still meaningless.
Labour can duck off & keep going.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I have been travelling over the last few days with a wheelchair user. The irony of being surrounded by flags and warm messages about how everyone’s important/equality for all when train companies are bloody hopeless at access requirements - ramps are missing, lifts aren’t working, the wheelchair space is next to the loo and full of luggage - just makes me want to scream.

Anyone who is LGB or even T and thinks big business cares is an idiot.

As is Emma bleeping Bunton
This is exactly what I said a few threads back. Our office was told we should put our pronouns in our email signatures to be inclusive (no one has put they. The ones who have done it have used the pronoun you would have automatically assumed from their name or profile pic) but the same office has had a lift out of order so 3 people with differing disabilities or medical conditions have had to work on ground floor by themselves as they can't get up to 4th floor to join in with our team meetings. They just join via zoom and someone has their laptop in the meeting and zooms them when the meeting starts. Inclusive in a way that benefits no one, but exclusive in a way that discriminates 3 members of staff.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
🤣🤣🤣 did a 7 year old apply that make up?! Ffs it’s awful, like the worst filter ever 🤷🏻‍♀️ have we stooped this low that an advert featuring a man in make up is being used even though he looks like 💩 just cos he’s a man?! 🤦🏻‍♀️ it’s 2024, if you want to wear make up just wear it JFC but don’t come at me looking like Stevie Wonder’s dug did your make up and expect me to tell you you look fabulous 🙄
There are loads of men who wear better makeup than that. Why not choose a male celeb who's known for it? Someone like Adam Lambert, for example.

I could even understand using a drag queen in a cosmetic ad. The association between drag queens and makeup, often skilfully if not tastefully applied, is really strong and logical.

Reactions: 14
I don't always have a problem with men selling makeup as I follow Wayne Goss and Robert Welsh on YouTube and enjoy their videos, but that looks like he allowed a young child to experiment with mummy's makeup on his face! He looked awful. That yellow around the eyes just looked like old bruises. Is he a parody account or something. He can't possibly think that's good make up application
I don’t have a problem with male make up artists and never have, it’s just the latest trend to have men modelling the products (aka taking work away from women) that pisses me off. Especially when they look tit to boot 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 20
There are loads of men who wear better makeup than that. Why not choose a male celeb who's known for it? Someone like Adam Lambert, for example.

I could even understand using a drag queen in a cosmetic ad. The association between drag queens and makeup, often skilfully if not tastefully applied, is really strong and logical.
Adam Ant wore better make up than that!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Delighted to see this in my newsfeed this morning.

Publishing network launches for those 'concerned about the impact of gender ideology'
NEWS
JUN 24, 2024
BY THE BOOKSELLER EDITORIAL TEAM
A publishing network for those “concerned about the impact of gender ideology on our sector and wider society” has launched for publishing professionals, authors and creatives.

SEEN Publishing is currently on X/Twitter (@SEENPublishing) and LinkedIn (SEEN in Publishing), though it is not yet known who is behind the network or if they will remain anonymous. Similarly, the number of members so far is as yet unknown.

However, in a statement, the network said its members “believe in the material reality of sex” and “value diversity of thought and freedom of expression".

It goes on: “We believe that everyone in publishing should be able to express legally held views on sex and gender, including where these views relate to publishing-sector decisions, free from fear, harassment, discrimination, and negative career repercussions."

A process for screening new members is in place, the network said, and membership is confidential. The Bookseller understands that a Substack is also forthcoming.

The network is the latest “SEEN” group to launch with others established in other industries such as the Police SEEN UK and SEEN in Schools.

The Bookseller has reached out to the network for comment.

Reactions: 16
I love Robert Welsh - I think he’s a lot brighter and funnier than he acts in his clips though, but I think hendoesn
want to scare off the basics.

I think regardless of our political affiliations it’s not great to say all left leaning or right leaning people are the same. I’m generally a Labour voter but I wouldn’t vote for Corbyn because he was an anti semitic nutter. I won’t be voting at all in the upcoming election because none of them anywhere near represent my interests.

Reactions: 10
This bleeping madness has to stop.

I hope they win their case.

Screenshot_20240624_234510_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240624_234606_Samsung Internet.jpg

---
Vote for Labour or libdems and why not have these hard working shift nurses sacked and imprisoned.

There they will watch videos on how to behave in the future, when they are released.

Don't waste that vote, when you go.

Remember these Women.

And your Daughters & Grandaughters.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.