Gender Discussion #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anothrr day, another beauty brand (well, retailer in this case) using men to sell make up to women.

The before:

View attachment 3014131

The after:

View attachment 3014132

I don’t know about you, but his gormless expression (I think he’s trying to slay, as my 12yo would say) doesn’t make me want to run out and buy that lipgloss. And what the duck did he do to his right eye? 😂

Comment:
View attachment 3014135

The Times is a Tory paper though, so they’re going to be big on the anti-Labour editorials.

That’s not to denigrate the paper (I am politically homeless, and The Guardian is a garbage fire compared with the Times/Telegraph IMO) just pointing out that all newspapers have political allegiances. I remember when The Mirror came out in support of Labour before the 1997 election and what a big deal that was.
No amount of makeup will ever make him look vaguely attractive 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Anothrr day, another beauty brand (well, retailer in this case) using men to sell make up to women.

The before:

View attachment 3014131

The after:

View attachment 3014132

I don’t know about you, but his gormless expression (I think he’s trying to slay, as my 12yo would say) doesn’t make me want to run out and buy that lipgloss. And what the duck did he do to his right eye? 😂

Comment:
View attachment 3014135

The Times is a Tory paper though, so they’re going to be big on the anti-Labour editorials.

That’s not to denigrate the paper (I am politically homeless, and The Guardian is a garbage fire compared with the Times/Telegraph IMO) just pointing out that all newspapers have political allegiances. I remember when The Mirror came out in support of Labour before the 1997 election and what a big deal that was.
He looks bloody terrifying in the “after” picture. Though to be honest, most make up adverts look pretty dreadful, hate these awful fat baboon bum lips. But he looks like something is really irritating his eye, which isn’t encouraging.
Politically homeless too. I honestly don’t think I can vote for any of them

Reactions: 11
I didn’t realise that Emma Bunton’s endorsement of ‘trans youth’ was part of a wider video. We’ve got a tv doctor and lawyer on there as well, rushing to affirm a made-up ideology. Shame on Rob Rinder and Dr Ranj who I credited with more intelligence - gay men supporting an ideology which seeks to tell young boys who don’t fit gender stereotypes that they might be ‘born in the wrong body’. And the whole cast of ‘I kissed a Girl’, a lesbian dating show, joining in as well. Don’t they realise that in a few years, such a show may cease to exist in its current form and instead may have male participants amongst the contestants?

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I didn’t realise that Emma Bunton’s endorsement of ‘trans youth’ was part of a wider video. We’ve got a tv doctor and lawyer on there as well, rushing to affirm a made-up ideology. Shame on Rob Rinder and Dr Ranj who I credited with more intelligence - gay men supporting an ideology which seeks to tell young boys who don’t fit gender stereotypes that they might be ‘born in the wrong body’. And the whole cast of ‘I kissed a Girl’, a lesbian dating show, joining in as well. Don’t they realise that in a few years, such a show may cease to exist in its current form and instead may have male participants amongst the contestants?
Dr Ranj is awful, so I'm not surprised by him. Disappointed about Rinder, though.

I cannot stand Tennant and have never understood his appeal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Has anyone been following what happened to the women who attended a Let Women Speak rally in Brighton yesterday? Whether you agree with KJK’s activism or not, women should be able to gather and speak without being so intimidated and hassled that they fear for their safety. The police did a terrible job of keeping the TRAs a safe distance from the women, who were completely surrounded by TRAs. Afterwards, they were followed from the event by TRAs who were screaming at them so they tried to take refuge inside a shop which turned out to be run by a TRA who didn’t want them in there. Eventually, the police turned up and the women had to be personally protected by the police while they were put into a police van for their own safety and driven away.

One of the TRAs was none other than violent kidnapper and murderer Sarah Jane Baker (remember him from last year arrested for inciting violence against women? https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...charge-court-pride-rally-london-b1101371.html) currently out on licence (again). He was one of the ones who followed the women to the shop. Police did nothing to stop the intimidation and said the TRAs had a right to freedom of speech.

ETA, it’s in the second half of the second tweet video once there’s no police around that you can see the full-scale intimidation of the women by a bunch of men. Bastards.
Bastards AND mask wearing cowards.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Times front page tomorrow:

View attachment 3013257
The source described the requirement to show two years’ worth of proof as “nonsense”.
They added: “We’ll replace it with a reflection period. It counters the idea that you can put on a dress and then the next day you’ve got a GRC. It’ll be a considerable period of time of two years. But of course you are still protected under the Equality Act even if you don’t have a GRC … There are protections so you can’t legally change your gender overnight.”

‘Put on a dress’. How bloody regressive :mad:

archived version of article:
Why is it always me who need t be protected from "indignity"?

What about all of the women whose dignity is spat on?

Reactions: 10
Bastards AND mask wearing cowards.
Why can't the government open an asylum and put all these dangerous people in there?
They are mentally ill and shouldn't be wandering the streets intimidating women with their vile misogyny and hate.
I noticed that one of those arseholes had a sign saying 'Posey Parker hates foreigners' an outrageous lie. This is the problem with people who lack the capability of critical thinking and think they can get away with anything.
Ugh they make me want to vomit 🤢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
This is what is so infuriating, and dangerous about it. Yes, the majority don’t believe it but because it’s not directly affecting them they don’t care. Meanwhile the madness creeps and progresses while language changes, speech becomes compelled and these things get enshrined in law (or will when Labour get in). Then one day these people will find themselves in a situation- their daughter is exposed to male genitalia in the changing room, their elderly mother complains a man in a dress has performed intimate care on her, they get injured by a man during contact sport, they have to visit a refuge/rape crisis centre and are forced to share with a man. And when they wish to complain or refuse they will be vilified, punished by law, turned away. They will care then but it will be too late!
I think sadly the law has already been changed.....when gender recognition certificates were legally accepted, it left a grey area between accepting gender dysphoria/ supporting those who wanted to change genders, and womens rights, especially those around single sex spaces and provision.

It also left confusion about biological sex, I cannot understand how anyone can pretend to change their chromosomal sex from male to female or female to male. Dress however you wish...but dont pretend you can change biology!

Dont brainwash children with facts that are inaccurate, you cannot easily change someones gender, and its medically dangerous to artificially delay or deny puberty. Support the recommendations of the Cass report.

Dont pretend that male born athletes dont have a natural biological advantage over women.

Dont change single sex spaces that deliberately have sex restrictions, such as rape crisis centres. Or NHS wards, or prisons, or mix biological girls and boys in accommodation on school trips etc.

Allow discussion about issues that are worrying women.

And dont try and change language, for no reason.....pronouns like 'cis' iritate me, as does the idea of a ''girl dick'' or deny words like women or mother,

And clarify the confusion about the legal position of women and womens rights. The rights of a trans woman do not over ride the rights of other women.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I hate stuff like this. Being a teenager is difficult and confusing. Always has been, but so much worse in these days of social media. Lots of youth feel uncomfortable with changes in their bodies and the social pressures on them. It’s dangerous to push this idea that if they don’t conform or like certain stuff, then they must be trans. It’s like they are pushing against the Cass review.
On another level, all of this “you are so loved “ from total strangers is fake and patronising. I can’t see anything great about some insincere luvvie talking a lot of rot.

Reactions: 24
Our local paper today has published info on all the candidates standing in the city (divided into North & South). The Green Party (South) candidate has short purple hair, big earrings, neutral name, but I can't tell from the published image if they're male or female, bio states "writes feminist blog, pro-active in 'gender and queer' issues".
Go figure! 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
a girl i work with told me her 7 year old step son is a year group with a trans identifying child. she is seven and female but identifies as a boy and even gets changed with the boys for pe…

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.