Gender Discussion #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So women are not included in that inclusivity and respect?? It has never been clearer that this is a "men rights" movement hidden behind a thin veneer of glitter and bad wigs.
I've stuck my head above the parapet and commented on that Instagram post. Saying the only videos I've seen anywhere show the women (the non penised ones) being harrassed and intimidated by violent masked trans thugs, so much so that they fled in to said shop in fear of their lives. Asked them to show where were was the hatred towards the protestors, where was the violence from the women? No doubt I'll get torn to shreds so I took the liberty of blocking them right afterwards. It literally blows my tiny mind that people can watch a video of one thing and interpret as the exact opposite! These people are terminally thick! I honestly feel so hopeless and afraid for our future if the idiot Starmer and his ilk take the reins.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It is very true that Hayley Cropper probably had much more impact than any law changes given Corrie’s viewership, and it wasn’t a good one. Played by a woman and a diminutive one too, and interested in men and not in badgering women to validate some weird lesbian fantasy or “get over” their discomfort. Quite rare these days.

I was having trouble peaking my 70-year old father, who is a “live and let live” kind of guy, but Eddie Izzard has managed it. “Why is he being called ‘she’??” my father asked me, quite annoyed at the insult to his intelligence.

Tennant is the right sort of misogynist of course. Married to a much younger wife and what is it now, 40% of his children claim to be non-binary? That means he can be incredibly rude if not hateful to women of colour, he’s on the “right side of history,” don’t you know.
Yes, if Hayley had been played by someone like some of these idiots who think they've become women, people would have had a much better idea what it was all about.

Reactions: 17
Just seen, cleared because she took too long to react some 30 seconds
Anyone who has suffered a sexual assault knows how shocking and terrifying it is. You don't believe it's happening. You think it will stop. You fear that if you respond in what the man could regard as an "aggressive" manner you could end up beaten, raped - even dead.

Most men have no idea at idea at all how very intimidating and paralysing such an assault is.

But this is how those would bastards get away with it. This won't have been the first time he's done this, and now it certainly won't be the last.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Hayley Cropper who was played by a female actress. I honestly blame Corrie a lot for making her the first face of a TIM - an actual woman. No wonder people were confused. If it has been Eddie Izzard in girl mode no one would have cared for that storyline.
---

Lovely optics right there - white man talking down to a black woman. These misogynists are gleeful in their new rights to belittle and shout at women in power.
Hayley Cropper who was played by a female actress.

This was deliberate. As you say, had it been a bloke nobody would have been taken in for a moment. Not even Roy Cropper.

When TRAs then started to be more publicly obvious and people objected they were castigated and being made to feel that they were bullying Little Hayley Cropper and poking her with a stick to make her cry! What? You want to make Hayley USE THE GENTS TOILETS? But look at her - how helpless, how fragile, how vulnerable, how harmless she is. YOU BIGOT!!!

Ironically Julie Hesmondhalgh has since apologised for taking a role that should have gone to a TW* and said that she would never do that again etc etc etc - ignoring the fact that her perfidy in snatching that role from some meaty bloke was contributory to trans acceptance.

Without it the general population would never have thought that TW were shy little shrinking violets, more girl than man, who had had all of the surgery required to make them "female". Or at least, "not male".

*I'm sorry - has she never heard of "acting"? Do we only have gays playing gays, and straight people playing straight people now - that chucks more gay actors of both sexes under the bus than any of us could possibly count. And haven't a number of TW actors been complaining that they are being given female roles? That really will be the death of TV if we are expected to believe someone like (to use your example) Eddie Izzard is the hot older woman, or romantic female lead.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.