Gender Discussion #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't bring myself to watch it with sound, the visual is stressful enough, but these men time and time again prove exactly why we need safe spaces away from them.

Reactions: 21
I’ve watched some of it. The TRA behave exactly as what they are. Bullying, nasty, cowardly women hating men. I notice they always have their faces covered too If they were so proud of what they are doing, why?

Reactions: 31
What struck me as they were walking through Brighton, was where were the ‘normal’ people who would usually be aghast at the level of harassment against women? No one thought to question the intimidation. Where were the run-of-the-mill men who profess to stand up for women? People were just walking by. And the TRAs shouting and using profanities in the street when lots of little kids were around. No one cares any more; we’ve reached a point in society where a group of louts harassing women is perceived as acceptable by the public and the police.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
OMG, my neurodivergent ass had missed an entire 47 pages of this thread because I wasn’t watching it. Damn.

Anyway, I am fizzing mad at the LWS videos. I wanted to go but was dubious about travelling down on my own. I knew the counter protest would be large but I didn’t know it would be so dangerous for the women attending (most of whom attend every LWS and I’ve met in passing).

The police don’t think that LWS events deserve protection because they’ve brought it on themselves. You know, if they’d only shut up it wouldn’t be a problem.

They think they’re asking for it.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
OMG, my neurodivergent ass had missed an entire 47 pages of this thread because I wasn’t watching it. Damn.

Anyway, I am fizzing mad at the LWS videos. I wanted to go but was dubious about travelling down on my own. I knew the counter protest would be large but I didn’t know it would be so dangerous for the women attending (most of whom attend every LWS and I’ve met in passing).

The police don’t think that LWS events deserve protection because they’ve brought it on themselves. You know, if they’d only shut up it wouldn’t be a problem.

They think they’re asking for it
BIB Haven’t you hit the nail on the head here. That old devil misogyny alive and well in the police attitudes to women. 😡😡😡

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Surely legal counsel within the Govt must know the current gender legislation cannot run parallel with women's rights? you can talk rubbish all you like but there must be a body of people (elected and non elected) how KNOW this cannot continue?

Reactions: 22
Tracking my DPD order and the driver is represented by a pride flag on the map and I’m a pride unicorn.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Tracking my DPD order and the driver is represented by a pride flag on the map and I’m a pride unicorn.
I was able to change mine back to the 'default' theme - click on the settings, and you should see the toggle for 'switch to default theme' ❤

Reactions: 10
All these anti-Labour articles are well and good, but I feel they are missing a trick by not also stating the Tory and Lib Dem policies on the same issues. What we don’t want is people turning away from Labour and then voting Lib Dem, who are even worse.

Reactions: 29
Has anyone been following what happened to the women who attended a Let Women Speak rally in Brighton yesterday? Whether you agree with KJK’s activism or not, women should be able to gather and speak without being so intimidated and hassled that they fear for their safety. The police did a terrible job of keeping the TRAs a safe distance from the women, who were completely surrounded by TRAs. Afterwards, they were followed from the event by TRAs who were screaming at them so they tried to take refuge inside a shop which turned out to be run by a TRA who didn’t want them in there. Eventually, the police turned up and the women had to be personally protected by the police while they were put into a police van for their own safety and driven away.

One of the TRAs was none other than violent kidnapper and murderer Sarah Jane Baker (remember him from last year arrested for inciting violence against women? https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...charge-court-pride-rally-london-b1101371.html) currently out on licence (again). He was one of the ones who followed the women to the shop. Police did nothing to stop the intimidation and said the TRAs had a right to freedom of speech.

ETA, it’s in the second half of the second tweet video once there’s no police around that you can see the full-scale intimidation of the women by a bunch of men. Bastards.
bleeping freaks :sick::sick:

Reactions: 9
Anothrr day, another beauty brand (well, retailer in this case) using men to sell make up to women.

The before:

IMG_0897.jpeg

The after:

IMG_0891.jpeg

I don’t know about you, but his gormless expression (I think he’s trying to slay, as my 12yo would say) doesn’t make me want to run out and buy that lipgloss. And what the duck did he do to his right eye? 😂

Comment:
IMG_0892.jpeg

All these anti-Labour articles are well and good, but I feel they are missing a trick by not also stating the Tory and Lib Dem policies on the same issues. What we don’t want is people turning away from Labour and then voting Lib Dem, who are even worse.
The Times is a Tory paper though, so they’re going to be big on the anti-Labour editorials.

That’s not to denigrate the paper (I am politically homeless, and The Guardian is a garbage fire compared with the Times/Telegraph IMO) just pointing out that all newspapers have political allegiances. I remember when The Mirror came out in support of Labour before the 1997 election and what a big deal that was.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.