Gender Discussion #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen the grief James May has had this week for his complaint about Too Much Bunting re pride flags? In fairness he is trying to calmly continue to make his point while being slagged off by the usual suspects.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Has anyone seen the grief James May has had this week for his complaint about Too Much Bunting re pride flags? In fairness he is trying to calmly continue to make his point while being slagged off by the usual suspects.
I was just about to post about this! He's being very calm in his responses, I'm not sure I would be.

Reactions: 19
I have never understood the need for Pride acceptance propaganda to be everywhere - why does your local cafe, high street or M&S need to support LGBTQ++? Surely they support everyone?
I don't see 'Older people welcome here' or 'We support our disabled customers' signage everywhere - but I see Pride propaganda - so does that mean they don't support other marginalised people?

Reactions: 38
I'm sure the huge Pride pushing didn't happen before the TQ alphabet nonsense got added.
I'm seeing a lot of pushback from LGB people who want nothing to do with it.

Reactions: 24
I had an idea that we start flying the chevron rainbow flag but with the chevron cut out of it to make it into a banner. Like how when Ceausescu's regime collapsed in 1989 the protestors flew the Romanian national flag but with the star cut out of it ostentatiously.
I LOVE that idea!

It is a very proactive way to say "We are done with this tit!"

Reactions: 13
I have never understood the need for Pride acceptance propaganda to be everywhere - why does your local cafe, high street or M&S need to support LGBTQ++? Surely they support everyone?
I don't see 'Older people welcome here' or 'We support our disabled customers' signage everywhere - but I see Pride propaganda - so does that mean they don't support other marginalised people?
If companies started supporting the elderly or disabled they would need to spend serious money on making premises accessible for those communities. It's easier and cheaper to throw up a few flags and tell everyone you are inclusive. So no, those organizations don't support those communities as it costs them. All this literal flag flying is cynical nonsense by corporations and ego inflation by those that hijacked pride.

We have a small town here in Ireland that went "inclusive" by making the zebra crossings into pride flags, Yeah Inclusive! Except nobody considered that the visually impaired that need guide dogs cannot use these crossings as guide dogs cannot see the various colours and are not trained to cross them. So "inclusion" meant visually impaired people cannot access certain places and their world is shrunk even smaller. But who cares about that as long as Brian, pronouns she/them/fuckwit feels centered.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
That happened in the Scottish Borders not long back, I think they called him a man, but he told them to if I remember correctly.
The girl was 10/11 and it was said in court that she got into the car with him because she though he was a woman.
He held her hostage and sexually abused her.
he was only called a man because that was what he requested. He’d have been called a woman if he’d wanted to be. Disgusting pervert

• Angry
Reactions: 16
I'm sure the huge Pride pushing didn't happen before the TQ alphabet nonsense got added.
I agree.

My blood runs cold when I see those other flags added anywhere. My immediate thought re the 'inclusiveness' is - oh so actual women are not welcome. It's sickening and it's often in the most inappropriate places, like another poster mentioned upthread in a premises that small kids use. There's one flying outside a primary school near me. It makes my stomach turn.
It's total propaganda, 😡

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I watched bits of this while I was busy and really enjoyed it. The standout for me was Glad To Be Gay but it made me angry because it just reminded me how LGB, and what Pride used to stand for, has been hijacked and warped by the TQ+++
Slightly related there was an advert for Anthony Nolan Trust bone marrow donors saying “LGBTQ we need you” and some commenters obviously missed the point that gay men were excluded from donating anything until very recently and they were just ranting about “Pride taking over everything” and “why do you only want gay donors” etc I think it’s evidence that the TQ nonsense has set back gay rights and people’s “tolerance” is wearing thin in the worst ways.
it’s evidence that the TQ nonsense has set back gay rights and people’s “tolerance” is wearing thin in the worst ways.

It certainly is.

We were at the stage in society where no-one (or almost no-one) batted an eye at anyone's sexuality. There were no side eyes at effeminate men and butch women; if a man introduced his husband or a woman, her wife, nobody thought anything of it. The only time anyone might speculate on another person's sexuality was if they were attracted to them and wondered if they were single/ straight/ gay (delete as applicable) - not because they were being scandalised or disapproving.

Gay people of both sexes had become just as ordinary and boring as the straight population - and that is just how it should be: Gay = normal. Nothing to see here folks.

Since the rise of this perverted cult, which grabbed the coat-talis of gay equality and twisted it out of recognition to cover their own nasty fetishes, many people are now being pushed back to the previous stance which was gay=pervert. Homophobia is rising again because of this - and frankly the most homophobic group of all are the TRAs.

They are intentionally destroying the rights of gay people (now that they no longer need to climb on their shoulders) and equally intentionally destroying the rights of women (so that they are easier to control and prey upon).

People are frightened for the safety of their children - and with cause - but unfortunately it is gay people who will face the backlash when it comes - not AGPs.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Oh I like James May, I hope he stands firm and doesn't capitulate.

Reactions: 19
it’s evidence that the TQ nonsense has set back gay rights and people’s “tolerance” is wearing thin in the worst ways.

It certainly is.

We were at the stage in society where no-one (or almost no-one) batted an eye at anyone's sexuality. There were no side eyes at effeminate men and butch women; if a man introduced his husband or a woman, her wife, nobody thought anything of it. The only time anyone might speculate on another person's sexuality was if they were attracted to them and wondered if they were single/ straight/ gay (delete as applicable) - not because they were being scandalised or disapproving.

Gay people of both sexes had become just as ordinary and boring as the straight population - and that is just how it should be: Gay = normal. Nothing to see here folks.

Since the rise of this perverted cult, which grabbed the coat-talis of gay equality and twisted it out of recognition to cover their own nasty fetishes, many people are now being pushed back to the previous stance which was gay=pervert. Homophobia is rising again because of this - and frankly the most homophobic group of all are the TRAs.

They are intentionally destroying the rights of gay people (now that they no longer need to climb on their shoulders) and equally intentionally destroying the rights of women (so that they are easier to control and prey upon).

People are frightened for the safety of their children - and with cause - but unfortunately it is gay people who will face the backlash when it comes - not AGPs.
This is an excellent summing-up of the situation.

The nearest big Pride event near me has fallen flat for the past few years because the Pride demographic in that area is slightly older, married gay and lesbian couples with houses and French bulldogs. Ordinary people who spent their youth fighting for their right to be unremarkable.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I agree.

My blood runs cold when I see those other flags added anywhere. My immediate thought re the 'inclusiveness' is - oh so actual women are not welcome. It's sickening and it's often in the most inappropriate places, like another poster mentioned upthread in a premises that small kids use. There's one flying outside a primary school near me. It makes my stomach turn.
It's total propaganda, 😡
As soon as I see those flags, I know that I, as a woman who understands biology, is not welcome.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
This is an excellent summing-up of the situation.

The nearest big Pride event near me has fallen flat for the past few years because the Pride demographic in that area is slightly older, married gay and lesbian couples with houses and French bulldogs. Ordinary people who spent their youth fighting for their right to be unremarkable.
All the "Pride people", are exactly like this, perhaps because I'm middle aged, as are most of my friends, but they are just happily living their lives.
A few have said they'd go along for a fun day out, if it was actual gay Pride, rather than kinkfest trans nonsense.

Reactions: 20
"Mr Williams said he thinks participating in the election is vital "particularly for trans people and gender non-conforming people to protect our own lives".

"For many people, a vote is just seeing what the future will hold, but for trans people, this is a case of what rights we will still have," he said.
"
(Mr Williams = a TIF)

Me me me me me me me....only Trans people have worries and fears....me me me me me. 😭
My daughter turned 18 in March, she has voter ID because she hasn't wanted to learn to drive and we don't have passports. I am pretty certain that the clerks in May didn't think anything at all, this is just looking for issues.

"In some ways even presenting a Voter Authority Certificate is othering - it's not a small ID card and it highlights that the only ID you could access was a free one."

Reactions: 11
My daughter turned 18 in March, she has voter ID because she hasn't wanted to learn to drive and we don't have passports. I am pretty certain that the clerks in May didn't think anything at all, this is just looking for issues.

"In some ways even presenting a Voter Authority Certificate is othering - it's not a small ID card and it highlights that the only ID you could access was a free one."
It's worth getting a provisional driving license as my daughter has been using one for years to get into bars and clubs. She still hasn't passed her driving test but she's in her early 20s and is asked for ID every time she goes out.

It's much cheaper to get a provisional driving licence than a passport and if you lose it they can be replaced quite easily.

Reactions: 14
Our town is having its first pride this year. As much as I would like to take my kids, the line up is mostly comprised of drag queens so it’s a naaah from me.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Sounds like May is not backing down from the point he way trying to make:

And I noticed this response of his under a comment someone made yesterday. Good for him:

1718559335708.jpeg

Reactions: 24
Yes,don't get our gay friend and his partner started on it......they said " we will go on for days......" . I agree with their stance on it 👍

Reactions: 15
I know a number of married / partnered gay couples who are fed up with the weirdos making them all look bad

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.