Gender Discussion #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The use of the word in politics tends to imply a cowardice underlying the fear. If Cashman was simply saying Duffield is frightened then he would be correct - he’s saying she’s “too cowardly and/or lazy” to show her face at the hustings which gives it a nastier air.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I thought frit was one of those bunnies on watership down :LOL:
Sounds like one of those words they've made up.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
From the Standard:
I think Streeting has done the journey a lot of us have done into full on terfdom, but he cant say anything unless he wants to alienate some of his use base. I have seen his arguments and statements become more and more gender critical as the years go on.

Reactions: 29
I think Streeting has done the journey a lot of us have done into full on terfdom, but he cant say anything unless he wants to alienate some of his use base. I have seen his arguments and statements become more and more gender critical as the years go on.
Just a shame that he's very much in the minority in the Labour Party.

Also for Welsh tattlers

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Fetish Week is coming up. Part of Pride apparently.

1718650417475.png

1718650452745.png

I don’t get why parading fetishes is part of pride. It’s about sexual orientation not about showing people what you like wearing for sexual activities.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
Just a shame that he's very much in the minority in the Labour Party.

Also for Welsh tattlers
David TC Davies has had my respect since early on in this whole shitshow. There was supposed to be a “We need to talk” event way back in 2018, to discuss the impact of self ID on women round the time of the proposed GRA reform. It was due to be hosted at Millwall, but very shortly beforehand, like a day or two, they capitulated to pressure from TRAs and refused to host the event. Millwall FC, FFS - “no one likes us and we don’t care” - yeah, that Millwall! Chickens 😂

Anyway, Davies stepped in at the last minute and offered to host us at the Houses of Parliament and it was bleeping brilliant. He sat and listened to the speakers so respectfully, even the somewhat terrifyingly rad fem element, and did a sensitive and thoughtful round up at the end, only when cajoled, because he didn’t think he needed to talk over women.

The thanks he got for this, by the way, was a relentless torrent of abuse and death threats which his office said they had never seen the like of, and questions were raised about his professional competence in the house, all of which rightly came to naught. So he’s OK in my book.

Unlike that ridiculous Witchfinder General Cashman, who cannot apparently hear women when we talk, and thoroughly deserves to lose the whip.
---
Edit for context: at the time, literally no one would host an event for women to discuss self ID and gender ideology and the impact on women’s rights. So we’d end up at odd places like Millwall. You’d never know where the actual meeting would be unail a few hours beforehand, so that TRAs couldn’t try to intimidate the venue into cancelling, which they frequently did.

Sometimes, we had to meet in small groups at designated spots, to be given instructions on where to go. It had a pleasingly spy-like quality to it! But that was the reality of how it was then- things have come a long way since.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
A rad fem Insta account shared this tweet

IMG_4208.jpeg

Insane that people actually think this is a logical thought process. One of the comments on the Insta post was saying “So by that logic I am a biological horse, since all horses are biological?” which made me snort 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Was wondering who on earth to vote for in the upcoming election but it looks like I finally have an option in the SDP other than spoiling my ballot paper. I need to have a look at their other policies but so far they have my vote

Reactions: 13
Ugh. Our small town is holding its first ever pride event next weekend. We're nestled between several larger towns that all run pride events and our nearest city is only a 30 minutes drive away - but apparently we need our own as people don't feel safe in our sleepy town and this event will help that.

I don't want to downplay the prejudice that LGB groups still face, of course, and if it was an LGB event I'd probably go and show support. But my spidey senses were tingling and I set off to investigate the group that was organising it.

Surprise surprise it's a local group run by a TIF. And on the Facebook Page a TIM has posted saying he'd like to attend. In his profile picture he has AGP vibes, a very badly fitted wig and nothing remotely female about him.

The Facebook Page posts mostly about trans, with almost nothing about LGB. The following examples are shared from other groups.

pride.jpg

But what I find sinister is the message "if your family doesn't support you, you are part of my family now".

Trans Army.jpg

The group runs local meetings, and in the list of people it's aimed at is included "if you have no family support".

So move over LGB, the T is taking over everywhere.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I've just seen a FB post about Birmingham Pride, and a lot of the comments on it are people saying that said comments prove why Pride is still needed. BUT, the unsupportive comments are mostly in relation to the trans element. Several comments saying how no one cares if they see a gay couple, or that they have gay friends or relatives that don't go along with the trans agenda, also worrying about kids being caught up by the trans agenda.

Reactions: 17
Ugh. Our small town is holding its first ever pride event next weekend. We're nestled between several larger towns that all run pride events and our nearest city is only a 30 minutes drive away - but apparently we need our own as people don't feel safe in our sleepy town and this event will help that.

I don't want to downplay the prejudice that LGB groups still face, of course, and if it was an LGB event I'd probably go and show support. But my spidey senses were tingling and I set off to investigate the group that was organising it.

Surprise surprise it's a local group run by a TIF. And on the Facebook Page a TIM has posted saying he'd like to attend. In his profile picture he has AGP vibes, a very badly fitted wig and nothing remotely female about him.

The Facebook Page posts mostly about trans, with almost nothing about LGB. The following examples are shared from other groups.

View attachment 3000697

But what I find sinister is the message "if your family doesn't support you, you are part of my family now".

View attachment 3000698

The group runs local meetings, and in the list of people it's aimed at is included "if you have no family support".

Are they going to clean my kids puke at 3 am when they have a stomach bug, console them when they fail an exam, spend years of their life driving them to friends/ parties/ school? Are they going to watch them while they sleep and wonder how they got to be so wonderful and how lucky they are a to be a mum or dad? That's a family. That's what I do. The idea that some twit behind a keyboard can blithely offer to be a confused child's family makes my blood boil.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

View attachment 3000697

View attachment 3000698

I’m sure it’s been discussed already and I’m sure you’re all sick of me repeating things but stonewall was NOT STARTED BY TRANS PEOPLE.

It is homophobic bullshit made up by the trans lot. Marsha P Johnson, the trans woman who apparently threw the first brick at stonewall, was a MAN. A man who liked to dress in feminine clothes. Marsha used she/her pronouns in the way drag queens do - this was the 1960 ffs. It was when he was in character, when dolled up as his alter ego. Pronouns weren’t even used in the way they are today so it’s applying modern language and politics on a time where it was gays, lesbians and bi’s doing the heavy lifting, joined by cross dressers, drag queens and maybe one or two people who genuinely believed they were trans, but it was “60s trans” so to speak, so they weren’t forcing it on anyone else - they were just doing their thing in silence minding their own business.

Marsha’s friend have said THEMSELVES in a documentary about him that he was a man who liked to experiment with feminine clothing and make up. But still, even when the friends of Marsha - who I’m sure still miss and love him this day - say HE was a MAN, the tras take the truth and twist it to fit their “movement”. It’s genuinely disgusting. It’s homophobic, it’s erasing the truth, it’s screwing LGB history (the little that we do have out there) and it does everything they claim to hate.

When you tell them this truth they cry transphobia - obviously, what else would they do. But poor bleeping Masha rolling in his bleeping grave. And also MASHA DIDNT THROW THE FIRST BRICK, he arrived after that part of the riot! His friends have said this too!

They also use the fact Marsha was black for points, as if they aren’t erasing him being a gay black man (who’s been an icon to the LGB community). They are using his colour for clout and as a scapegoat. They aren’t honouring him! It isn’t about Marsha at all, it’s all about THEM but they are using him to say “see,we aren’t self obsessed “folx” with an ulterior motive!

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I’m sure it’s been discussed already and I’m sure you’re all sick of me repeating things but stonewall was NOT STARTED BY TRANS PEOPLE.

It is homophobic bullshit made up by the trans lot. Marsha P Johnson, the trans woman who apparently threw the first brick at stonewall, was a MAN. A man who liked to dress in feminine clothes. Marsha used she/her pronouns in the way drag queens do - this was the 1960 ffs. It was when he was in character, when dolled up as his alter ego. Pronouns weren’t even used in the way they are today so it’s applying modern language and politics on a time where it was gays, lesbians and bi’s doing the heavy lifting, joined by cross dressers, drag queens and maybe one or two people who genuinely believed they were trans, but it was “60s trans” so to speak, so they weren’t forcing it on anyone else - they were just doing their thing in silence minding their own business.

Marsha’s friend have said THEMSELVES in a documentary about him that he was a man who liked to experiment with feminine clothing and make up. But still, even when the friends of Marsha - who I’m sure still miss and love him this day - say HE was a MAN, the tras take the truth and twist it to fit their “movement”. It’s genuinely disgusting. It’s homophobic, it’s erasing the truth, it’s screwing LGB history (the little that we do have out there) and it does everything they claim to hate.

When you tell them this truth they cry transphobia - obviously, what else would they do. But poor bleeping Masha rolling in his bleeping grave. And also MASHA DIDNT THROW THE FIRST BRICK, he arrived after that part of the riot! His friends have said this too!

They also use the fact Marsha was black for points, as if they aren’t erasing him being a gay black man (who’s been an icon to the LGB community). They are using his colour for clout and as a scapegoat. They aren’t honouring him! It isn’t about Marsha at all, it’s all about THEM but they are using him to say “see,we aren’t self obsessed “folx” with an ulterior motive!
Wasn't there an old interview from years ago with this Marsha bloke and he said something along the lines of he either couldn't remember being there or couldn't remember what had gone on or what he'd done?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Wasn't there an old interview from years ago with this Marsha bloke and he said something along the lines of he either couldn't remember being there or couldn't remember what had gone on or what he'd done?
Not sure, all I know is he didn’t throw any shitting brick and he turned up late.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.