Gender Discussion #66

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Cashman is on board with all the bullying against Rosie and obviously still doesn't realise why she would be scared to face these violent men who would abuse her 😡
He's a total bleep.
Yup, happy to brush off rape and death threats as cowardliness or laziness.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
So Cashman is on board with all the bullying against Rosie and obviously still doesn't realise why she would be scared to face these violent men who would abuse her 😡
He's a total bleep.
He’s really a nasty piece of work. Bullying businesses to display Pride flags -I never thought that they were compulsory? Now adding to the disgraceful treatment of Rosie. It really shows how they are so up their arse about all this gender woo that they really couldn’t give a damn about threats of violence to a woman. That the Labour leadership has let this carry on unchallenged is shocking.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ve noticed that where I live a lot of the pride bunting etc is proper 🏳️‍🌈 pride rainbows not any of the creepy progress crap. I don’t have a problem with regular traditional pride
I’ve noticed that too, for some reason there’s more traditional rainbow flags than the newer versions, or sometimes both are on display.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The local authority I work for has made no reference to pride. Nothing on the intranet or on our women’s network

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Coming back to Cashman, I notice that the replies to his flag rant aren‘t quite going as he hoped. I’ve noticed far more Pride flags than ever this year and I feel a lot of people are getting fed up with it.
IMG_5267.jpeg
IMG_5268.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I do think there’s been a bit of a dialling down in the number of business displaying progress flags compared to the last couple of years. It’s been noticeable on my high street too. Whereas they’re still changing the logos on their social media to reflect the flag, many actual shops that had bunting up last year have done nothing this year (Lloyds Bank excepted as they have that bloody progress projected on a screen behind the desk 365 days a year). I do wish Pride could be reclaimed by LGB people though.

Reactions: 23
It’s so sad. He was a founder of Stonewall (I know they have moved so far away from what they originally stood for). He should be standing up for Rosie. He should remember what it feels like to be attacked for being a member of a marginalised group (being gay or female) or standing up for something you believe in (gay rights or women’s rights).

What’s happening?

Yesterday, I got really cross at my wife because she said I’m always ranting. I told her that there’s nowhere safe to rant other than here or at her. How is that ok? How is it ok that if a lesbian wanted to date but didn’t want male genitalia shoved in her face there was nowhere for her to go anymore? How would she feel if she was suddenly on her own and was looking for companionship as an older lesbian, now that the options that were available 22 years ago (before we got together) have all gone? She had no response to that. I am so scared for young, unsure gay women. The world must be terrifying.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
The local authority I work for has made no reference to pride. Nothing on the intranet or on our women’s network
They've dialled it down where I work too. No flags outside this year thank goodness and only one event advertised on the intranet. I clicked on the article which had received one comment and only a handful of people had liked it.

Reactions: 11
Too late Michael. We all know what you really think. Can’t even say who you’re apologising to :mad:
1718526286231.png

Reactions: 36
Now that people are unable to view other people’s likes on Twitter, I wonder if we’ll see an increase in people liking GC posts. Have to admit I feel more comfortable about liking these terfy posts now, especially as my Twitter account isn’t anonymous
ooooh I didn't know there was a change, perhaps I may use Twitter more now, mine has been a bit dormant for a while.

Reactions: 10
I am so scared for young, unsure gay women. The world must be terrifying.
Parent of a young teen lesbian here and I’m actually quite hopeful that we’re now in a world where there’s far more questioning of the gender woo and hope she’ll feel safe and empowered enough to say no thank you to any men posing as lesbians. 5 years ago I would have felt very different

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Parent of a young teen lesbian here and I’m actually quite hopeful that we’re now in a world where there’s far more questioning of the gender woo and hope she’ll feel safe and empowered enough to say no thank you to any men posing as lesbians. 5 years ago I would have felt very different
That’s really positive and hopeful for your daughter ❤. She’ll be wearing comfortable shoes before too long! 😂😂😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Cashman being hoisted by his own petard is delicious. He is one evil misogynistic bleep, him and Owen Jones probably wank off together every time a man is imprisoned for rape but referred to in the media as a woman. The tide is turning my friends, I am sure of it. We're not out of the woods yet but we're getting there.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I’ve noticed that too, for some reason there’s more traditional rainbow flags than the newer versions, or sometimes both are on display.
Without giving too much away, a lot of the public sector has been told the only flags allowed for pride month are the original rainbow ones. I'm presuming it was because some places went overboard and put up every stripey flag in an effort to look as inclusive as possible, but the 'progressive' one isn't allowed and the only official one is the original. We were sent emails showing what was allowed amd what wasn't.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I do think there’s been a bit of a dialling down in the number of business displaying progress flags compared to the last couple of years. It’s been noticeable on my high street too. Whereas they’re still changing the logos on their social media to reflect the flag, many actual shops that had bunting up last year have done nothing this year (Lloyds Bank excepted as they have that bloody progress projected on a screen behind the desk 365 days a year). I do wish Pride could be reclaimed by LGB people though.
I had an idea that we start flying the chevron rainbow flag but with the chevron cut out of it to make it into a banner. Like how when Ceausescu's regime collapsed in 1989 the protestors flew the Romanian national flag but with the star cut out of it ostentatiously.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve just been watching ‘LGBTQ+ Hits at the BBC’ where they’ve been playing hits going back several decades by (mainly) LGB artists. In the last 10 years, we’ve had Sam Smith go from gay man to ‘non-binary’, Beth Ditto go from lesbian to ‘queer’ or ‘straight’ (she’s now dating a TIF and said she never before understood the privileges of a straight woman 🤪 - mate, you’re still same-sex attracted) and Christine from Christine and the Queens declare she now identifies as a male and uses he/him pronouns). These were all perfectly good singers / songwriters in their original incarnations. Gender ideology has really done a number on them.
I watched bits of this while I was busy and really enjoyed it. The standout for me was Glad To Be Gay but it made me angry because it just reminded me how LGB, and what Pride used to stand for, has been hijacked and warped by the TQ+++
Slightly related there was an advert for Anthony Nolan Trust bone marrow donors saying “LGBTQ we need you” and some commenters obviously missed the point that gay men were excluded from donating anything until very recently and they were just ranting about “Pride taking over everything” and “why do you only want gay donors” etc I think it’s evidence that the TQ nonsense has set back gay rights and people’s “tolerance” is wearing thin in the worst ways.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
The community centre where my 3 year old did ballet is draped in the progress flag bunting all year round and has a trans flag in one of the corridors. This is a centre for preschool and school going children with after school groups etc using it. Why do they need these flags up all year round? I've since moved her to a dance school closer to home, I don't see why 3 year olds need to be exposed to this.

We spent the morning at Dublin zoo and only saw the original rainbow flag displayed.

Reactions: 20
“We train our teams to avoid misgendering people”
This is boxing so there’s plenty of heterosexual blokes as well who you know aren’t going to be called out for going in the women’s’ changing room 😠

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10