Gender Discussion #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree - this is awful!

Until you know a relationship has a decent chance of lasting (eg you have been "together" for at least a year), then children shouldn't be meeting either parent's "special friend" - and they certainly shouldn't be moved in and families joined together.

I've seen people of both sexes moving in with the latest love and then 6 months later it's all change and there's another one. And the number of women who immediately have another baby with their latest squeeze* and the bloke is out the door before the baby's arrived.

If you fancy a shag - have a shag, but for crying out loud, put your children first and give them some stability. A lot of men and women don't really want to take on somebody else's kids anyway - and the children are made to feel in the way. (Or worse - too many men target vulnerable women with children for perfidious reasons)

*"Latest squeeze" sounds very old-fashioned. Is it old-fashioned? :unsure:
I know someone who has five children to four different fathers. Sadly, these now adult children haven't had lasting relationships of their own and the pattern has repeated.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I stress my point about introducing new partners to children was aimed equally at men and women.

Reactions: 15
I stress my point about introducing new partners to children was aimed equally at men and women.
I realised that, but the ones who end up with more children than they can care for are almost always the women. Men can just walk away, and many do, most women can't /don't.

I agree that neither parent should be pushing their new partner onto their children before they are sure the relationship has a good chance, and even then the introduction should be a gradual one - nothing should be rushed. And when it's one new girlfriend/boyfriend after another, children don't know if they're coming or going. It's particularly hurtful if a child has started to bond with mum or dad's new partner and then that person is suddenly out of their lives. Most children get a chance to keep in touch with their birth/adoptive parents, but it's different with a step-parent. Even if the adult would like to continue the relationship with the step-child, they have no legal rights whatsoever, no matter how good and stabilising an influence they are on the child, or how desperately the child needs such a person in their lives..

Reactions: 9
I have 2 young children, aged 3.5 and almost 2 and I’m 39w pregnant with my 3rd. I am that judgemental mother that will say something 😂 I literally dgaf. Parenting for some families is non existent and it makes me rage. When we go out for food and kids are staring at a tablet the whole meal yuck. Or kids running around. I loudly say to my husband “wow can you imagine us letting our girls behave as bad as that?” So the parents hear haha. They need to be told because everyone panders to these parents and they don’t realise they’re bleeping shocking and how awful their kids are!! I once saw a mum at the playground with her kid balling his eyes out in her lap whilst she sat there watching a video on her phone and I called her out on it and said please tend to your crying child he needs his mum not for you to care more about your phone than him crying. She didn’t argue back and when I turned to look she had put her phone down and was giving him a cuddle so I was glad I said something!

Also the same with disposable nappies as commented previously. Both my girls were fully trained in knickers by 22 months. Parents nowadays are just lazy as hell and it’s easier to let them sit in their own piss and tit, than put the effort into toilet training them and dealing with accidents and extra washing.

I can’t stand modern ‘parenting’ I feel like I should have been born 50+ years ago!
It's hard being a parent of young children.
I remember taking my daughter shopping when she was a toddler and she ran off in a clothes shop and hid in the middle of one of those circular clothes rails. Then she started having a melt down tantrum. I was telling her off and I got looks of disapproval from those who thought I was being mean and those that disapproved of her behaviour. You can’t win sometimes.
Personally I prefer to see parents telling their children off than allowing bad behaviour but the world seems to be full of people now who think that if you raise your voice you should be reported to social services 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm tempted to go to it and wear my Terf tshirt.
Imagine if the entire audience was just TERFs with TERF t-shirts on🤣 They’d go through with it no less but they’d be shaking inside. “What I thought this play was for TERFs?”

The audience is made up of entirely women with faces like this 😐 who never react and there’s no applause at the end.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Just seen

• Angry
Reactions: 11
That’s amazing and wouldn’t have been ‘permitted’ by any branch of Waterstones a year ago. I was going to buy the book online, but when I walked past my local branch and they had copies of Grandad’s Pride and other TRA shite in their window display, I felt duty bound to go in and counteract it by purchasing The Women who Wouldn’t Wheesht from there.

Ugh, our Green Party candidate in the election is a “trans woman”. Pronouns she/her, i/se

hope he comes round canvassing so I can give him a piece of my mind

• Sick
I remember taking my daughter shopping when she was a toddler and she ran off in a clothes shop and hid in the middle of one of those circular clothes rails. Then she started having a melt down tantrum. I was telling her off and I got looks of disapproval from those who thought I was being mean and those that disapproved of her behaviour. You can’t win sometimes.
Personally I prefer to see parents telling their children off than allowing bad behaviour but the world seems to be full of people now who think that if you raise your voice you should be reported to social services 🙄
Totally agree! I’ve carried my screaming toddler out of a clothes shop with her kicking and screaming, but I’d rather that and me tell her off than the parents that just ignore their kid or allow them to run around shops or restaurants like hooligans because they don’t want to tell their kid off or actually parent them. I am sick of the gentle parent parents too 😂 sorry I am derailing talking about parenting on a gender thread!
---
I so need to purchase this book! Has anyone on here read it yet?

Reactions: 8
I recall a little tit kid in my son's primary school class who was an absolute nightmare. He destroyed other children's work, screamed and cried if he didn't get his own way, had to have the toys he wanted when he wanted them - wouldn't take turns etc - I used to chat to his mother. She never checked him because she didn't want to "stifle his creativity" (or summat).

He had no friends because none of the other children wanted to play with him.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Anyone been following Bromley Met’s gaslighting of the public? They are being schooled in the comments.

1718382285246.png

1718382342419.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Just be aware that some autistic kids need screens to regulate. I know you're not talking about kids with medical needs, but sometimes when you judge out in public, it's really hard to tell and for parents of ASD kids, it really is hard enough without judgy comments.

For the uninitiated, some kids on the spectrum need a screen while out to regulate their mood - it saves them distress. You can't force them to engage or teach them otherwise because that's quite cruel and insensitive. Behaviour modification (ABA) is not okay for people with autism.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So, if I’m reading this correctly, there is no opportunity to counsel, explain the huge risks and obtain informed consent for any gender treatment, as it would be seen as conversion therapy? We’re not talking about some minor intervention but drugs and surgery which will have huge repercussions and the very real possibility of ruining the patients life. The medico-legal fallout from this is going to be huge.
The NHS is on its knees and yet they can throw money at this when people are struggling to see a doctor face to face, there’s hardly any NHS dentists accepting patients and A&E is snowed under. Waiting lists are huge, but what trans want, trans get. Plus, these people are making themselves dependant on surgery and medication for life.
Life long Labour supporter here but there’s no way I can support a party that supports this.
I find it deeply worrying that there are years long waits for autism/adhd, psychological, psychiatric services YET if you say your trans you can easily access drugs and major irreversible surgery when you probably need to escalate significant psychiatric/psychological issues first

Reactions: 28
Imagine if the entire audience was just TERFs with TERF t-shirts on🤣 They’d go through with it no less but they’d be shaking inside. “What I thought this play was for TERFs?”

The audience is made up of entirely women with faces like this 😐 who never react and there’s no applause at the end.
I think we should work on making this happen
---
Higher risk of fire.

Is it bad that I laughed?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Higher risk of self combusting in narcissistic indignation when faced with reality - they mean

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.