Gender Discussion #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found bribery worked well with my daughter too šŸ˜„ when she wouldn't give up her dummy to go to sleep at night I told her she could have the cuddly toy she kept asking for from the Disney store if she handed over all the dummies for me to bin. She couldn't do it fast enough šŸ˜€
a) fair exchange is no robbery šŸ˜„

b) you have taught her the importance of negotiation, and give-and-take

Both good life lessons

Reactions: 14
I despair at peoples stupidity. They think that Labour will keep single sex spaces but they aren't actually realising that Labours definition of a Woman is anyone that says they are.

Reactions: 32
This, along with Labour's stance on adding VAT to private school fees (it's the children that will suffer here), is why I will no longer vote for them.

I have a deep dislike and distrust of Kier Starmer.
I really think that Labour is more dangerous to this country than the Conservatives, and that's saying something.

I've just read that foreign nationals including foreign students have the right to vote in England now. (I haven't seen the criteria, so I don't know what exactly is involved). How the hell did that happen? I wouldn't expect to have a say in the government of any other country, so why do others get a say in ours?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Thank you @ChastityDingle . An interesting read.

Interesting, too, how they still manage to imply that the blame for the difficulty in casting lies at the door of JKR, who might "punish" the actresses by nt casting them in her upcoming HP TV series, rather than admit that it may be because it imay be a nasty, misogynistic production that most women wouldn't want to be associated with.

However this is the big chance for all of those TW actors - this could be their big break!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This, along with Labour's stance on adding VAT to private school fees (it's the children that will suffer here), is why I will no longer vote for them.

I have a deep dislike and distrust of Kier Starmer.
So, if Iā€™m reading this correctly, there is no opportunity to counsel, explain the huge risks and obtain informed consent for any gender treatment, as it would be seen as conversion therapy? Weā€™re not talking about some minor intervention but drugs and surgery which will have huge repercussions and the very real possibility of ruining the patients life. The medico-legal fallout from this is going to be huge.
The NHS is on its knees and yet they can throw money at this when people are struggling to see a doctor face to face, thereā€™s hardly any NHS dentists accepting patients and A&E is snowed under. Waiting lists are huge, but what trans want, trans get. Plus, these people are making themselves dependant on surgery and medication for life.
Life long Labour supporter here but thereā€™s no way I can support a party that supports this.

Reactions: 24
I always feel like a judgey old cow when it comes to children and parents but Iā€™ve worked in schools most of my adult life and the standards of parenting get lower every year. I have also worked in hospitality and you see kids with iPads or phones shoved in front of them from the minute they sit down, to the minute they leave. Sometimes eating with it on still. Yesterday at work this family had a boy of about 2, fair enough they didnā€™t put an iPad in front of him but he was running around a restaurant while they sat down, absolutely stinking of poo, clearly a nappy full. We get told off if we tell parents to look after their children! I canā€™t ever imagine my 5 year old getting off her chair in a cafe/restaurant without it being time to leave or toilet?! Honestly, I despair. Poor kids being emotionally and socially neglected from birth to teens. When I had my daughter there were signs in SCBU (special care!!) saying ā€˜please look at me when youā€™re feeding me, not at your phoneā€™ FFS. The poorly and prem babies not even getting any eye contact or attention.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I always feel like a judgey old cow when it comes to children and parents but Iā€™ve worked in schools most of my adult life and the standards of parenting get lower every year. I have also worked in hospitality and you see kids with iPads or phones shoved in front of them from the minute they sit down, to the minute they leave. Sometimes eating with it on still. Yesterday at work this family had a boy of about 2, fair enough they didnā€™t put an iPad in front of him but he was running around a restaurant while they sat down, absolutely stinking of poo, clearly a nappy full. We get told off if we tell parents to look after their children! I canā€™t ever imagine my 5 year old getting off her chair in a cafe/restaurant without it being time to leave or toilet?! Honestly, I despair. Poor kids being emotionally and socially neglected from birth to teens. When I had my daughter there were signs in SCBU (special care!!) saying ā€˜please look at me when youā€™re feeding me, not at your phoneā€™ FFS. The poorly and prem babies not even getting any eye contact or attention.
I was on the tube the other week going into town. A young father got on with a small child in a pushchair that he left in the aisle in everyone's way. The small girl then got out to sit next to him. Gradually the train started filling up and an elderly woman was standing up (no offer to give the seat to her when the child could have been put back in the pushchair). The child kept standing up on the seat with her dirty shoes on. She dropped a toy on the floor and the woman sitting next to her picked it up to give to her. She didn't receive a word of thanks from the father or the child.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
It annoys me that they think it's OK to put on a play called Terf bleep in the first place.
We need some people to go and protest.
Exactly. Why is that considered remotely acceptable! šŸ˜”

As regards seeing one of those men in a women's bathroom, I probably wouldn't say anything, out of a sense of self preservation. Sad, but true.

Reactions: 18
šŸ‘
I totally agree. I worked with 3/4 year olds for twenty years and I'd despair at some parents. Child still in nappy at aged 3. Child with not one single book at home but parents have new car/latest flat screen TV and mobile phones. Parents with heads down at their phones while pushing prams/buggies, no interaction with their child. Children who couldn't feed themselves or had never eaten fruit/veg.
As for all this gender brainwashing being pushed onto young children, the future does not bode well.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
I feel the same about the way separated parents throw themselves into new relationships with such speed and gusto with almost no thought for the kids. Parading the new blended family on social media when you just know those poor children would just love some stability with their Mum or Dad and not to share a house with a load of strangers.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
I feel the same about the way separated parents throw themselves into new relationships with such speed and gusto with almost no thought for the kids. Parading the new blended family on social media when you just know those poor children would just love some stability with their Mum or Dad and not to share a house with a load of strangers.
I agree - this is awful!

Until you know a relationship has a decent chance of lasting (eg you have been "together" for at least a year), then children shouldn't be meeting either parent's "special friend" - and they certainly shouldn't be moved in and families joined together.

I've seen people of both sexes moving in with the latest love and then 6 months later it's all change and there's another one. And the number of women who immediately have another baby with their latest squeeze* and the bloke is out the door before the baby's arrived.

If you fancy a shag - have a shag, but for crying out loud, put your children first and give them some stability. A lot of men and women don't really want to take on somebody else's kids anyway - and the children are made to feel in the way. (Or worse - too many men target vulnerable women with children for perfidious reasons)

*"Latest squeeze" sounds very old-fashioned. Is it old-fashioned? :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I have 2 young children, aged 3.5 and almost 2 and Iā€™m 39w pregnant with my 3rd. I am that judgemental mother that will say something šŸ˜‚ I literally dgaf. Parenting for some families is non existent and it makes me rage. When we go out for food and kids are staring at a tablet the whole meal yuck. Or kids running around. I loudly say to my husband ā€œwow can you imagine us letting our girls behave as bad as that?ā€ So the parents hear haha. They need to be told because everyone panders to these parents and they donā€™t realise theyā€™re bleeping shocking and how awful their kids are!! I once saw a mum at the playground with her kid balling his eyes out in her lap whilst she sat there watching a video on her phone and I called her out on it and said please tend to your crying child he needs his mum not for you to care more about your phone than him crying. She didnā€™t argue back and when I turned to look she had put her phone down and was giving him a cuddle so I was glad I said something!

Also the same with disposable nappies as commented previously. Both my girls were fully trained in knickers by 22 months. Parents nowadays are just lazy as hell and itā€™s easier to let them sit in their own piss and tit, than put the effort into toilet training them and dealing with accidents and extra washing.

I canā€™t stand modern ā€˜parentingā€™ I feel like I should have been born 50+ years ago!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.