Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This - some of the blokes have been outstanding, and I remember one of the gay blokes in the final whose garment was a dress for his partner, a drag artist, and it was really edgy and original.

But I'm sick of the "journey" and "background struggle" stuff. I've said it before, and doubtless will again because I am old and I repeat myself these days, but all I want is a minimum bit of personal information.

"I live with my Nan and she has a cat called Doris"

"My husband and I play tambourine in a Salvation Army band"

"I started sewing because I couldn't afford the clothes I liked, so I copied couture stuff"

"My ex-wife skinned me for child support so I had to learn to sew my own shirts. Well, look at me now, Freda you witch! HHAHAHAHAHA"

That's all I want.

I'm sick of "journeys" and "being the odd one out" and having a "neurodiversity" and being "quirky". Just show me a nice French seam and let me sit contentedly and enjoy everybody being nice to each other.
Exactly.

P.s. I do love a good french seam. This time of year is not cheap on my purse... i get inspiration and want to buy all the fabric and make all the things 😅
---
Why does all of this so called "diversity and inclusion" exclude the 50% of the population that are women? Without whom the other 50% wouldn't exist? It's the absolute opposite of inclusion. And why do all of the minority weirdos have to be accommodated at our expense? I know it's been well discussed but it makes me so angry.
---

I have never seen it but as I've gotten back into sewing lately I had thought I might check it out, but that did put me off somewhat.
Overall it's worth it, I just choose to tut and roll my eyes at some of the contestants.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I’m on a train on my way to visit my mum and two seats in front of me is a 60+ year old TIM in a blond wig. He keeps getting a mirror out and looking at himself. I’ve seen him on this train before and without fail, he gets all his make up out and puts it on the table in front of him, then spends ages applying it checking to see if anyone’s watching him. Can’t bear it.
I bet he gets pissed off when there's no seat with table and has to slum it in the vestibule end like sardines at rush hour. No table to place his makeup on then!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I really do hate to be a witch (hah) but as @petitspois said, it does SEEM to attract the misfortunate looking, unpopular kind of person. At a secondary school/college, it’s never the popular, good looking, cool, sporty guys and girls getting into it, is it? It’s the kind of sad, weird, objectively unattractive ones. Never have I heard of anyone ‘cool’ being ‘NB’ or ‘trans’. I don’t even think cool is used anymore so I’m showing my age but you get me 👵🏼
I think that’s why it attracts so many neurodiverse teens; they desperately want to fit in and see this as a way of doing it. They are not naturally ‘cool’ or popular, but by identifying as ‘trans’, they suddenly have a community to belong to and are part of a group that is currently trendy.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
I think that’s why it attracts so many neurodiverse teens; they desperately want to fit in and see this as a way of doing it. They are not naturally ‘cool’ or popular, but by identifying as ‘trans’, they suddenly have a community to belong to and are part of a group that is currently trendy.
Yep. I totally get it. I was like that as a teen, not diagnosed back then, but wondering why I didn’t have a group that would let me in (I had friends, but they had other friendship groups I wasn’t part of, some of them downright hostile to me) Being gender non conforming as well meant I would definitely have been vulnerable to that sort of thing.

Thank duck I was born in the 70s is all I can say!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t believe the only experts on being trans are trans people. To be an expert you need to be impartial and not have an agenda. If trans people are the only authorities on being trans, that’s like saying the only experts on having schizophrenia are schizophrenics.
I was being sarcastic when said he had a point, trying to say that if only trans are experts on trans, then only women can be experts on women, which means trans must know nothing about women - but trans identified men think they're simultaneously experts on trans AND women. I think those who imagine they're the opposite sex obviously are mentally ill.

Reactions: 16
I’m on a train on my way to visit my mum and two seats in front of me is a 60+ year old TIM in a blond wig. He keeps getting a mirror out and looking at himself. I’ve seen him on this train before and without fail, he gets all his make up out and puts it on the table in front of him, then spends ages applying it checking to see if anyone’s watching him. Can’t bear it.
Wish for the day that a woman wearing an AHF t-shirt travels on that train and the only available empty seat is opposite him!

• Haha
I'm female, I'm fairly sure if I tried getting glasses from the male section they wouldn't fit my face, they'd fall off as too wide. This guy needs to get a grip.
I'm a woman with a huge head so usually end up in the men's section. Does this mean that I'm actually a man, I mean maybe I am as I also like football and was good at maths. Must let my husband know that he's actually a gay man, he'll be very surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Im going to be honest here and admit that TIM do give me the creeps and it’s interesting to see it mentioned here. I think it must come down to basic safety and survival instincts and something subconscious in women to be able to detect potential danger. I think they add to this by always being overboard with their often hypersexualised or little girl ways of presenting themselves. I feel the same about drag too. Aside from hating drag as an act, I find them unsettling and I don’t want to look at them or be anywhere near. why on earth people think it’s suitable to take small children to drag storytime is beyond me. I’d have been terrified as a small child and frankly, would still find them grotesque and freaky now.
I don't mind old-style drag. A lot of it was very witty and really hilarious, especially the way hecklers were dealt with. AND the "girls" knew fine well that they were gay men.

Now they are vicious without wit, and horribly vindictive and entitled - and too many insist that they are "women". It's nasty, and I don't like it either.

Reactions: 25
Education Secretary Gillian Keegan today: “A man who has fully transitioned is known as a woman.” :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Sick
Good to hear Sasha Bailey saying what we all know.

Wow Sasha made some very interesting points there. He's right that in a way men have been increasingly emasculated in the west. White men particularly are now bottom of the heap in EDI terms because it's assumed they're all super privileged (when of course that isn't true for the lower working classes). That's possibly why you don't see so many black men getting on board with all of this.

When companies have to fulfil quotas based on protected characteristics a white man can only gain a few points if he declares he's gay or a trans woman.

Bet trainman would never sit next to another man

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.