Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So opressesed he gets a table to spread out his make up on. Meanwhile I a pregnant woman stood for a journey whilst men in suits ignored me
Do you have a baby on board badge? Sometimes people don't want to assume you're pregnant..
Ask for a seat, protect you and your baby against sudden stops and nudges

Reactions: 11
‘Can I sit down please? I’m pregnant and I feel really, really sick ’is the quickest way to get a seat on any public transport

Reactions: 17
‘Can I sit down please? I’m pregnant and I feel really, really sick ’is the quickest way to get a seat on any public transport
And be entitled just like those men are who want to take out spaces without shame - take their seats!

(Disclaimer : Ask any male/female seat occupant)

Reactions: 14
Omg, I am so pissed off. Was setting up an Apple device and got this bleeping message
1715889858903.jpeg

When I googled, I found out that this wallpaper is hardwired into the update to celebrate pride.

1715890164243.png

Companies are vying more and more to see who can gain the most LGBTQIA+++ points (and Apple have made clear that their wallpapers will be reflecting the progress and other identity flags). If people want to personalise their own phones, then great, but I hate that this one movement is being shoe-horned into everything.

1715890531672.png

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
So opressesed he gets a table to spread out his make up on. Meanwhile I a pregnant woman stood for a journey whilst men in suits ignored me
I remember doing the daily commute when pregnant with my first 21 years ago. I often had to stand in the aisle holding on to a seat either side while men (and it was mainly men) buried their faces in Evening Standards pretending they hadn’t seen me. I was not as bolshy then as I am now and never said anything. However, one day, a woman standing near me exclaimed loudly, “It’s disgusting that you're having to stand while pregnant and not one of these people has offered you a seat!” The whole carriage went silent and there was the rustling of newspapers before the man in the chair right next to where I was standing offered me his seat. I’ve often thought about that woman who spoke up on my behalf.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Why do Labour have an officer for ‘Women and LGBT”? Unless I’m missing something, it’s as if they’ve lumped everyone who isn’t a straight, biological man in together. I dont think women’s issues are related to LGB issues and neither are related to trans issues.
Of course, we all know that trans issues will dominate over women and LGB.

Reactions: 34
Why do Labour have an officer for ‘Women and LGBT”? Unless I’m missing something, it’s as if they’ve lumped everyone who isn’t a straight, biological man in together.
Hhhhm. This is redolent of the Young Greens and their ‘men’ and ‘non-men’ categorisation.😡

This is what clearly advertises that they absolutely view ‘man’ as the default and ‘woman’ as ‘one of the “others”’ 🙄

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I remember doing the daily commute when pregnant with my first 21 years ago. I often had to stand in the aisle holding on to a seat either side while men (and it was mainly men) buried their faces in Evening Standards pretending they hadn’t seen me. I was not as bolshy then as I am now and never said anything. However, one day, a woman standing near me exclaimed loudly, “It’s disgusting that you're having to stand while pregnant and not one of these people has offered you a seat!” The whole carriage went silent and there was the rustling of newspapers before the man in the chair right next to where I was standing offered me his seat. I’ve often thought about that woman who spoke up on my behalf.
When I was pregnant (in the 80's) the people who stood to offer me a seat were almost invariably other women.

The men were obviously too exhausted being manly.
---
Why do Labour have an officer for ‘Women and LGBT”? Unless I’m missing something, it’s as if they’ve lumped everyone who isn’t a straight, biological man in together. I dont think women’s issues are related to LGB issues and neither are related to trans issues.
Of course, we all know that trans issues will dominate over women and LGB.
Interesting.

That in itself is an admission that TW AREN'T women, isn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I honestly shudder to think that I used to vote Green. The ‘non-men’ and Challenor debacles saw an end to that 😖

As I mentioned earlier in the thread with respect to Labour, what on earth compels these political parties to eschew their founding principles in pursuit of political unicorns? 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 24
What's Green about aspiring to a totally fake life? Trans people will have to take synthetic hormones produced by pharmaceutical corporations for the rest of their lives and will undergo unnecessary body modifications which could end up costing the NHS a packet if they go wrong and need corrective treatment.

This is very far from a natural life. I thought the Greens wanted us all to go back in time, give up modern comforts that are the product of fossil fuels and grow our own vegetables to survive 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 26
This is just ridiculous and would be laughable if it didn’t have such significant consequences.

The penis doesn’t make you a man but the long hair makes you a woman? Ok then.

View attachment 2941255
I really, really want to know what the difference is between ‘science’ and ‘biology’.

Is this an embarrassingly dumb attempt to claim that biology is a social rather than a scientific construct?
---
This is just ridiculous and would be laughable if it didn’t have such significant consequences.

The penis doesn’t make you a man but the long hair makes you a woman? Ok then.

View attachment 2941255
I fear there’s something more at play in this picture: given how petite the long-haired person is, they are most likely not an adult transwomen (who would, in most cases, be of a similar size/build to the adult male figure).

Child-sized, one might suggest?

As many have predicted, here and elsewhere, there is clear lobbying to get P/MAP covered under the alphabet umbrella. Normalising a sexual image featuring a couple with clear adult/child size differentiation would certainly be useful in that respect.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Just seen
I know I’m repeating myself over and over again, but why are the Labour Party continually banging this as their ‘we’re not like those nasty conservatives’ drum, when there’s a major CoL crisis they could be foregrounding in order to garner votes?

Why did they forsake working-class concerns in preference to identity politics?

I’m from a part of the country that is characterised by an abundance of failing ex-mining villages that currently have little in terms of options for regeneration or even survival. What the duck is the current incarnation of the Labour Party doing for them?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I really, really want to know what the difference is between ‘science’ and ‘biology’.

Is this an embarrassingly dumb attempt to claim that biology is a social rather than a scientific construct?
---

I fear there’s something more at play in this picture: given how petite the long-haired person is, they are most likely not an adult transwomen (who would, in most cases, be of a similar size/build to the adult male figure).

Child-sized, one might suggest?

As many have predicted, here and elsewhere, there is clear lobbying to get P/MAP covered under the alphabet umbrella. Normalising a sexual image featuring a couple with clear adult/child size differentiation would certainly be useful in that respect.
The bloke who's post this is has already been investigated for crimes against his own children. It's pretty common knowledge in the local area. The children were removed by SS at the time. He will deny it but he's slipped up before in videos implying he's on a register.

He's as AGP as they get.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
I know I’m repeating myself over and over again, but why are the Labour Party continually banging this as their ‘we’re not like those nasty conservatives’ drum, when there’s a major CoL crisis they could be foregrounding in order to garner votes?

Why did they forsake working-class concerns in preference to identity politics?

I’m from a part of the country that is characterised by an abundance of failing ex-mining villages that currently have little in terms of options for regeneration or even survival. What the duck is the current incarnation of the Labour Party doing for them?
This is why I won't vote for them.
They should be looking at what ordinary voters want, not pandering to this crap.
It's quite simple really but they've truly lost their way.
If Labour get into power at the next election this will be due to voter apathy or plain old rejection of the Tories.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.