Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Up until 24 weeks you can have one for any reason, after that is different, I think medical reasons only, but I'm not sure.
Gemma Collins seems to be making out that her baby was intersex, and that was a serious health condition.
I don't believe it for a second, and it's a disgusting thing to lie about.
That isn't true. Recently, a friend of my daughters found out quite late she was pregnant at 16 weeks and she was unable to have a termination because it was so late in the day. This is in the UK too. I think there is a lot of misinterpretation around abortion practice.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I just had this email from my union.

FFS

'Membership of OF/NC groups are required to reflect union membership and therefore need to be a minimum of 2 /3 women members. Open spaces denote that male members are welcome to apply. Where it states women members only, this is due to a male member already sitting in the group representing Wales. For the LGBT+ Group, we should elect at least 50% women and/or non-binary members, including at least 1 member who identifies as a woman.'

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Keir Starmer on BBC news this morning talking about young suicide. Clearly stated he had a son and daughter so don't think he has a trans child at all.

Reactions: 22

FFS

'Membership of OF/NC groups are required to reflect union membership and therefore need to be a minimum of 2 /3 women members. Open spaces denote that male members are welcome to apply. Where it states women members only, this is due to a male member already sitting in the group representing Wales. For the LGBT+ Group, we should elect at least 50% women and/or non-binary members, including at least 1 member who identifies as a woman.'
Education unions seem to be completely captured. They've all bought into it completely.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12

FFS

So a minimum of 2/3 to be women but that "women" will also include men?

• Angry
Reactions: 12
That isn't true. Recently, a friend of my daughters found out quite late she was pregnant at 16 weeks and she was unable to have a termination because it was so late in the day. This is in the UK too. I think there is a lot of misinterpretation around abortion practice.
Twentyish years ago my daughter had a late pregnancy confirmation, 19 weeks. Not going into the specifics of why, enough to say the whole time had been a nightmare. She was told she could have a termination on the NHS but she would have to go to a London clinic and would have to pay for her stay at the clinic. I dont think people realise that any terminations after about twelve weeks are not offered by all NHS Trusts, they are not doled out to feckless women like sweeties to a child. The whole debate around abortion seems to have become like the rape debate, full of people quoting outlier statistics as normal. Just to add, I am absolutely pro choice, I know late pregnancy confirmations happen for many reasons, few of them good, and women who want an abortion should have full NHS access.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

FFS

What do they mean by that? Are they specifically asking for a transwoman or would an ordinary biological woman be ok as long as she ‘identified’ into her own sex?

Reactions: 4
What do they mean by that? Are they specifically asking for a transwoman or would an ordinary biological woman be ok as long as she ‘identified’ into her own sex?
And what does ‘For the LGBT+ Group, we should elect at least 50% women and/or non-binary members, including at least 1 member who identifies as a woman’ mean in reality? Would a transman be ineligible, despite actually being female, whereas a transwoman, a non-binary biological woman and a non-binary biological man would all be eligible?

This happened a few years ago. I was looking on Google maps at the school as I have friends linked to the area and saw the reviews which then lead me to search......
That sounds an awful lot like Stonewall law there.

Reactions: 9

FFS

Are (pardon my language) "cis" women allowed to identify as women?

If not, why not?

And why doesn't one member have to be a TIF? Maybe they already have one, but it's not clear.

Reactions: 4
OMG this is the album you never knew you wanted 😅

SIDE ONE 1. Gender Critical - The State Media Singers 0:00 2. Go Go to Jail - Screamin' Thor Justice 2:43 3. Gender Train - Intercity Intersex 5:35 4. Silly Billy (Peel Session Version) - Man Mannfred and the Man-Men 9:58 5. The Ballad of Peter and Fred - Nellie Wilson 13:04 6. Miss Giggle - The Tribulations 17:26 7. Chair Aid (Give What You Can) - Chair Aid '87 feat. MC Des* 21:17 8. We Hate Owen Jones - The Sometimes You Have To Be Blunts 24:33 9. Willy Boy - Jonathan 26:12 10. Swim Swim Swim - The Mangles 30:35 11. O, Glinner of Dublin - The Cliched Irish Music Band 33:21
SIDE TWO
12. Clean Your Room - Jordan P. 38:16 13. The Butler Did It - Judith and the Queering Music Orchestra 42:06 14. The Question - The Staniland Bandiland 45:22 15. Le Arty Morty - Les Rythmes Canadiens 51:22 16. Scottish Greens Blues - All Rightminded Folk of Scotland 54:39 17. I ❤ JKR - The Billboards 1:00:18 18. Kellie-Jay - The Speaking Women 1:04:41 19. The Fox On The Run (from the motion picture 'Boxing Day 2: Foxy's Revenge') - Michaels Balls 1:08:07 20. Go Go to Jail (Heavyset Reprise) - The Just Us Band 1:12:20 *track appears with kind permission of Dr Dame Katy Denise CH GBE 🪑

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I can’t stop thinking about that baby born by surrogate being handed to a drag queen. I’ve known it happens but to actually SEE it has upset me so much. That poor baby crying and that man just barely comforting it because he’s too busy worrying about his nails and how he looks. And I would bet that the man’s mother will be looking after the baby in reality because it ACTUAL motherhood won’t be fun and validating enough for him. It is sickening and I really hope it changes people’s minds about surrogacy being harmless and kind. I love that another account posted a video of a newborn being comforted by its mother and it instantly calms down when it feels her skin and hears her voice.
Yes it's been proven that babies know their mothers. Separating a mother and child should be an absolute last resort. It seems everyone thinks they have a right to a child but where's the child's rights. No child would choose anyone over their mother. I was forcibly removed from my mother at birth as she was unmarried (1960s) and that separation has affected me every day of my life. It's against every primal instinct. We know the effects. The research has been done but still it continues. It is so upsetting.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Are (pardon my language) "cis" women allowed to identify as women?

If not, why not?
Isn't there something like circle gender now where you can identify as a trans woman even if you're already a woman? There's no rules really. If you have the nerve to insist on others going along with whatever you invent you can basically be anything.
---

It's actually circumgender. So a woman that identifies as a transwoman rather than a ciswoman is circumgender. Bonkers.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Honestly the quicker someone hits that button or a meteorite hits the earth the bleeping better for me. I cant cope with all this gender fuckery.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Honestly the quicker someone hits that button or a meteorite hits the earth the bleeping better for me. I cant cope with all this gender fuckery.
Frankly, if I was God I'd be. digging through my wastepaper basket and picking out the dinosaurs to give them a dust off, thinking that perhaps I'd been a bit hasty nuking the buggers the way I did.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Really?
You do need two doctors to agree, but I thought you could.
I did, albeit 17 years ago.

Reactions: 6
Frankly, if I was God I'd be. digging through my wastepaper basket and picking out the dinosaurs to give them a dust off, thinking that perhaps I'd been a bit hasty nuking the buggers the way I did.
What you need is a blast of "We hate Owen Jones" it's a punk rock classic (see post 693)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.