Gender Discussion #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m doing some anti radicalisation training at work. It’s about terrorism but so much of it applies to the trans movement.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Jamie Lee Curtis who has a TIM child (now adult) going on a strange rant here.

Here she is officiating at her son’s wedding

View attachment 2884502
And here is a tweet purportedly from ‘Ruby’s’ Twitter. Why can people not see what is right under their noses?

View attachment 2884517
I've seen JLC go on a couple of rants about her son. There's also disturbing stuff 'Ruby' has posted on line. Not only identifies as a woman but actually believes he is an anime character come to life and lots of posing with knives. Often goes on twitter rants dressed as a little girl.
5 years ago he'd be sectioned.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Love that woman for calling him out and having the nous to realise what he was doing and film him. bleeping pervert. Glad the security and cops took it seriously.
In the original post it says 'this is what women supporting women looks like'. Where are the men supporting women?! It's almost reads as a passive aggressive shaming of women who don't challenge predatory men. Why is it always on us to call out this behaviour???!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Alison Moyet's post looks a bit TERFy...

Alison’s been TERF-y for a while. There was the usual pattern where she got piled-on and chased away for ‘wrong think’, followed by the ‘duck it, I was ground-breakingly gender non-conforming decades ago and you can all get in the bin’ two-fingered salute.

Love her 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Alison Moyet and Dawn French have been best mates for years so it wouldn’t surprise me if Dawn had Terf inclinations too, as suggested in the article upthread linked to by @Notworthy. Dawn has expressed her fear of cancel culture though so may not wish to be overtly publicly ‘controversial’.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Also, why is it most of the WOMEN that are TERFs? Can't men be TERFs, or can they not change their minds?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think it's harder to peak men because transactivism's most hideous excesses don't directly affect them. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try though.
My husband was kind of interested at first and sometimes reads articles out he knows I'll get fired up about but he's more interested in cars and Swedish Death Metal. 🤷‍♀️
Dad and brother are on board as young girls in the extended family are having to play sports against boys in the small country towns they live in so they're seeing the direct effect.

Reactions: 19
I think it's harder to peak men because transactivism's most hideous excesses don't directly affect them. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try though.
see I think most men don’t believe any of it. Most just don’t give it any time of day. Most wouldn’t go near a trans woman, and def don’t believe TWAW!
I noticed the other day that whilst Emma Watsons Instagram bio includes her she/her pronouns (🙄) her boyfriend doesn’t have his listed! I reckon there’s waaaay more women who list their pronouns and use language such as ‘birthing people’

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't think she'd be neutral enough to present a show like the one you've described. She's gone too far to back down now.

I feel sorry for her family for what they've been through with cancer but that's no excuse for telling a mother who's upset that her daughter is having her breasts removed because she wants to be a man to find some dark humour in the situation. Electing to have your breasts removed it's very different from having to have it done or having it done as a preventative measure.

I used to enjoy Kirstie on TV but I've gone right off her now. She doesn't even seem to have a position or a point in what she's saying apart from "be kind" and "stop picking on little old me". She hasn't engaged in good faith with any point that's been made to her - just changes the subject.
So Kirsty's sisters had preventive mastectomies because of the family history, so she knows it's no big deal and a great source of lols if approached in the right spirit, is happy to lecture internet strangers about this but still has both of her own breasts? I loathed her when she was just getting knitting wrong, this is even worse.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.