Gender Discussion #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is a quote from one of the women who made a speech (a survivor) in the article:
"All women should be free and safe. That of course includes women of colour, women with disabilities, trans women, sex workers, elder women, migrant women, all women."

I’m sick of having to include men whenever concerns for women's safety are highlighted. The very fact that she has referred to ‘trans women’ for me makes a mockery of what they are protesting about. We all know that in Australia, authorities are bending over backwards to promote TWAW, fetishes and all. They are protesting violence against women on one hand, yet on the other would accommodate perverts with ill intentions in women’s spaces and women are told to shut up if they complain.

It’s the same here - an acknowledged epidemic of violence against women, yet no one joining the dots between the rise in misogyny and the increase in the number of men saying they’re women in order to humiliate and harm females. I was watching the Mayoral debate for the Mayor of London the other day and Khan was talking about the need for better education and interventions to curb misogynistic violence, yet three out of four of the candidates were TWAW and the two men (Khan and the Lib Dem candidate) interrupted and spoke over the female Tory candidate and addressed her with a patronising tone. Few men seem to realise that by accepting the TWAW mantra and pushing for the rights of males to access women’s spaces, they are actually inherently misogynistic because they perceive the desires of males as more important than the safety of females.
We need many more candidates to stand and fight this blatant gaslighting and misogyny.....
www.partyofwomen.org

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Get Baked are arseholes. They used to have a burger place and we went once. Burgers were ok but their whole marketing was based around drug use (get baked) and being controversial for the sake of it. They are rude to customers online and just generally dicks. The student left love them though.
It is very Student Grant humour. Like, we named our big cake Bruce because it's a REFERENCE to Matilda. And then they started selling spherical offcuts of them and calling it Bruce's Balls because LOL TESTICLES, RIGHT U GUISE?

Spare me.

So no wonder they're full on captured. It's like if Simon "Man Behaving Dadly" Harris opened a cake shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
100% this.

I think the reason I immediately suspected that the stunning and brave men in dresses were included, was because of the fact that if it was just actual, mere women, it wouldn't count.

It's only if the men dressed as women are being assaulted (if they are 🥴) that it matters! We don't matter at all, why wouldn't we move aside and make space for these deluded men! 😡
I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I don't believe that TIMs are being assaulted anywhere near the rate that women are.
I'll go as far to say that some would welcome it as validating...

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I don't believe that TIMs are being assaulted anywhere near the rate that women are.
In the United Kingdom they are THE safest demographic of people. Fact. They are not being assaulted at all, anywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This is the thing. Male staff always have a chaperone if any intimate care or examination is required. But if the organisation operates on TWAW basis what happens then?
I think all patients should have a choice of the sex of the staff who work with them. I had a really traumatising experience where I needed a procedure and was sent down this weird one way system, into a tiny mobile room where there were two men. Being trapped in a room with two men was instantly triggering to me as it was the circumstances of a crime committed against me previously. Having to lay down a bed and let them do things to me, even though it didn't involve intimate areas has left me traumatised and highly anxious every time I go to the hospital.

Last time I went I had to go into a room with a man, just to be weighed and measured, but I had a panic attack and couldn't go in until my husband was with me. Thankfully everyone was very understanding but the thing is, if the male staff member identified as a woman, they couldn't have been understanding and would have said "there's no male here". It's frightening to think care might be withdrawn from me.
---
Oh my god I'm so tired of seeing Intersex people involved in this nonsense. One I don't even think that term is used now and two 'intersex' people are STILL...get this...male or female!

And yes of course the illusive 'another sex' is...something
Lots of us intersex people are fed up of being dragged into it too. But actually most intersex people loathe the term "DSD" since it labels us as disordered and was a term created without including intersex people in the process.

I also think saying all intersex people are either male or female is also a moot point. Many of us would prefer to be male or female, but we're not - we are born with a combination of features of both biological sexes. We have nothing to do with the endosex (normal biological) males/females who identify as the opposite sex. Nobody needs to prove an intersex person is "really" male or female because our biological variations have nothing to do with an endosex man who pretends to be a woman but is actually a man.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Well...If you count misgendering as "assault", then it's a literal genocide!! 🥴🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Thanks to whoever pointed out the other dull women’s club (UK one) on Facebook. It seems quite terfy and unapologetic about it. I might not flounce off fb just yet after all 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I've just been invited to my first mammogram. The leaflet says it will be undertaken by a 'woman radiographer'. I'm presuming they meant biologically as the leaflet also spoke about the risk of breast cancer rising in women over 50 and said there was a separate leaflet for transmen transwomen and men.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just seen woman withdraws after finding out an hour before the match the apprentice was a transwoman
Entitled response by the man, of course.

"Rather than turning to me, my coach or the Quebec Olympic Boxing Federation for more information, she decided to turn directly to the media to out me," Walmsley wrote in a statement. "This kind of behaviour puts athletes at risk of being excluded or receiving personal attacks based on hearsay."

I think all the male athletes trying to compete in women’s sports are mediocre cheats but there is something particularly unsavoury about the men that want to go in the boxing ring against a woman.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
Entitled response by the man, of course.

"Rather than turning to me, my coach or the Quebec Olympic Boxing Federation for more information, she decided to turn directly to the media to out me," Walmsley wrote in a statement. "This kind of behaviour puts athletes at risk of being excluded or receiving personal attacks based on hearsay."

I think all the male athletes trying to compete in women’s sports are mediocre cheats but there is something particularly unsavoury about the men that want to go in the boxing ring against a woman.
It's so dangerous. Canada really seems to be a crazy place where trans stuff is concerned.

Reactions: 20
'Puts athletes at risk...'

Yes, that is correct, you entitled asshole. Of course a woman is at risk going into a boxing ring with a MAN!
Oh wait that's not what you meant, you meant you have hurty feelings. 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Brand new thread here 👇

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.