Gender Discussion #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've noticed so many of these "non-binary" people (especially in a certain Facebook dungaree group I was in) look stereotypically female, usually dress like giant toddlers (attention seeking clashing childlike prints) and usually have unnatural coloured hair (I had lilac hair myself until last month so this isn't a jab at others with unnatural hair colours!)

And the vast majority claim to have autism and/or ADHD, many saying they're "self diagnosed". Now, what are the chances that ALL these women, in a relatively small Facebook group, are high-functioning autistic and also non-binary? Seems a whole lot more likely to me that they're desperate to be different. I'll add below some hilarious screenshots from said group. I'd think it was parody if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

Screenshot_20210313-095401_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210313-095405_Gallery.jpg

Oh, and here are all the so-called autistic people (all non-binary). The last 2 posts are her sharing her diagnosis. They're celebrating it and she encourages self-diagnosis. I have someone very close to me who is autistic and whilst he is incredible and very much worth celebrating, his struggles and diagnosis is not something we've ever celebrated. His life would be so much easier without it.

20210313_095514.jpg
20210313_095610.jpg
20210313_095714.jpg
20210313_095806.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I was catching up with news about the horrific murder of Sarah Everard on You Tube, and one from Posey Parker popped up (Kelly Keen I think her channel name is). She was talking about the cognitive dissonance of women who are talking about the circumstances of women not safely being able to walk on a night on their own, and on their very same timelines retweeting TWaW messages?

I honestly just don’t understand it. How are they not joining the dots?

Reactions: 15
meanwhile in canada ;
Yelling transphobes duck off while attacking someone for highlighting the basic English language and that children cannot consent.... And they don't see that they're the problem? 🤦🏻‍♀️ This is scary and seems so backwards.

I wanted to buy a protect women's spaces t shirt but not sure it's worth being assaulted or killed over!

Reactions: 13
Yelling transphobes duck off while attacking someone for highlighting the basic English language and that children cannot consent.... And they don't see that they're the problem? 🤦🏻‍♀️ This is scary and seems so backwards.

I wanted to buy a protect women's spaces t shirt but not sure it's worth being assaulted or killed over!
yes please don't. Maybe get a mug or something if you want to support any creators. Also I believe this was in vancouver, BC which is known as the province that tends to veer the farthest left.

Reactions: 4
I used to avoid this thread like the plague. But due to interest I’ve decided to read and I think I love you all a bit more.

Children aren’t old enough to have a smoke, children aren’t old enough to vote, children aren’t old enough to have a drink but heyyy let’s pump them full of hormones and perform irreversible surgeries on them as they know best!

anything to feel special

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
It must be so much easier being a journalist for the Daily Maul rather than tearing yourself into knots on The Guardian jumping onto a bandwagon thats already missed its turn

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Thought I'd drop in here after yet another 'discussion' with my oh so woke TWAW daughter. After telling her how I felt and saying that if it made me a transphobe, fine, she came back and said that views like that would make my kids(she's one of four) not want to be close to me.

Honestly, words have failed me. :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Thought I'd drop in here after yet another 'discussion' with my oh so woke TWAW daughter. After telling her how I felt and saying that if it made me a transphobe, fine, she came back and said that views like that would make my kids(she's one of four) not want to be close to me.

Honestly, words have failed me. :(
Sorry to hear that and sending hugs to you. Young people, especially young women, seem particularly captured by the TWAW rhetoric.

I was much the same even into my early 20’s, even though I had my doubts of what I was saying to be true, as I wanted to fit in with my friends and didn’t want to be hated as a bigot. In the past few years, I’ve started to see the world is not so black and white, right/wrong or left/right as I once thought. I think as a young woman it’s a view that comes with age and experience of living in the world as a woman, realising what feminism actually is and why we need it. I would still very much consider myself politically left leaning but not as “woke” as I once was.

Perhaps with time your daughter might formulate her own thoughts, privately and away from the scrutiny of her peers?

Reactions: 20
Sorry to hear that and sending hugs to you. Young people, especially young women, seem particularly captured by the TWAW rhetoric.

I was much the same even into my early 20’s, even though I had my doubts of what I was saying to be true, as I wanted to fit in with my friends and didn’t want to be hated as a bigot. In the past few years, I’ve started to see the world is not so black and white, right/wrong or left/right as I once thought. I think as a young woman it’s a view that comes with age and experience of living in the world as a woman, realising what feminism actually is and why we need it. I would still very much consider myself politically left leaning but not as “woke” as I once was.

Perhaps with time your daughter might formulate her own thoughts, privately and away from the scrutiny of her peers?
She's full of the woke catchphrases; 'educate yourself' is a favourite. I can only hope that she can see how things fall sooner rather than later, but for now the atmosphere in the house right now is decidedly frosty.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
She's full of the woke catchphrases; 'educate yourself' is a favourite. I can only hope that she can see how things fall sooner rather than later, but for now the atmosphere in the house right now is decidedly frosty.
Perhaps discussing the tragic case of Sarah Everard with her may be a way of broaching the importance of women only spaces and the difficulty of differentiating between ‘good’ men and ‘bad’ men. How can we tell which men are ‘good’ and which men are ‘bad?’ How might this extend to women’s spaces and allowing men who ‘identify’ as women to use them. Ask her how she thinks women and girls can have safe spaces where they can undress/ swim etc away from ‘bad’ men.

How about women with religious beliefs that require them to only use single sex spaces outside of the home? Does she think that brown, Muslim women should be forced to share their spaces with men if it goes against their religious beliefs? That might get her thinking, as many religious people are of different ethnicities.

Also reference Rachel Dolezal and explain to her why she was vilified for pretending to be African American when she is a Caucasian woman. Ask your daughter why it’s unacceptable for Dolezal to claim that she is black, yet seemingly acceptable for men like Eddie Izzard to appropriate womanhood. Why is pretending to be another race unacceptable, but pretending to be a woman celebrated? What’s the difference between the two? Ask her to explain why she thinks this is the case. Again, hopefully this might get her thinking a little.

I am aware that many young people these days live their lives on social media and social media companies are heavily financing and promulgating the trans agenda, so I imagine that she gets a lot of her information from there. All you can do as a parent is to guide her. My children are adults now and I’m very pleased that they are all gender critical, especially my daughter who is a proud rad fem like me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
i think pointing out statistics is also helpful. compare the last time a transwoman was murdered was in 2019 to the 3 women being murdered every week. the tiny amount of trans people worldwide who were murdered last year in comparison to the vast amounts of women murdered worldwide last year. facts are a lot harder for her to argue with.

i'm a teenager and her views are very, very common with my age group. i keep my mouth shut mostly because my friends are all liberals/leftists (so am i tbf i just have different views on certain things) but we also don't tend to discuss transgender issues because we have better things to talk about. if her friends are the type that do she'll definitely have been indoctrinated and i reckon it could be difficult for her to even agree with you in just the home because you're her parent and she doesn't want to think you're right.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
hmm.. as someone who's dealing with something similar, I would drop it and not talk about it with her. However if you happen to watch someone who discusses these issues in a roundabout way, then perhaps that may make her re-consider things. These kinds of things need to be heard from a third party. Also what she says is sad, you'd not want to see your mum because she holds different views ?

Also if she's college age that might be part of the problem

Reactions: 9
hmm.. as someone who's dealing with something similar, I would drop it and not talk about it with her. However if you happen to watch someone who discusses these issues in a roundabout way, then perhaps that may make her re-consider things. These kinds of things need to be heard from a third party. Also what she says is sad, you'd not want to see your mum because she holds different views ?
I try not to talk about it with her; both of us get really worked up over it. Unfortunately, her dad brought up gender and it ended up in a big argument. She's very much the type of girl who feels she's right, and will tell you, loudly. As for not wanting to be close to me? That will only last so long, I think.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The cognitive dissonance has got to stop. I’ve just read the crimes against women support thread and it’s knocking me sick. Every person saying TWaW and transwomen should be able to self ID need to stop, read threads like those and think. It’s bleeping Russian roulette as it is without removing the last veneer of protection from AGPs and fetishists. Stop centering men.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Genuinely curious question, how do you feel about people raising their children as gender less, I don't mean raising them non binary but more so give them both traditional "boys" and "girls" toys or give them an option of a dress or trousers and see what they take?

Growing up I played with both trains and barbies, I loved dresses but also loved "boy" clothes. Neither of these have made me feel less like a woman/girl and I think all children should be given the option of different toys.

I'm just asking this now as I saw someone I know post on FB earlier how their son wants to play with barbies but they're refusing to get them for him, which I think is quite sad. It's not like hes going to take them to school with him?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.