Interesting article on how many there are
As well as the book, this was announced yesterdayI just googled CS and he was nothing special at sport until he hit puberty and the 'wonder drug' testosterone kicked in. He also went to University so clearly its not a clear case of a poor and poorly educated family being exploited by the sports agents.
I do agree he should have had more privacy but I care far more about all the women denied a place or a medal by these men.
Why is he doing the rounds anyway - does he have a book out?
I don't think so either from what I've read. I've read a lot of snippets from Caster (yes there is a book coming out) saying how they just want to be "themselves", they're a "different" kind of woman, they aren't going to hide who they are...You’re absolutely right. But the “lives as a woman” thing is vital for CS to keep the medals.
I very much doubt Caster lives as a woman in his personal life, indeed there is very little evidence that he does other than statements from friends and family that must fit the narrative to keep the medals.
Caster is the father (very possibly, the biological father, via artificial insemination — might have been a donor, but some men with CS’s condition can father kids with medical help) to two children with his wife and I suspect they operate as a heterosexual family and the children do not have two mothers (my kids do…)
Yes, CS and his wife have children. They have not disclosed whether CS is the biological father. It is quite possible that he is, as men with his same condition have fathered children through artificial insemination before.Hasn’t he fathered children too? I’m sure that I read that somewhere.
Interesting quote from the Oxford sociology prof:Interesting article on how many there are
I don’t think “freak“ is an appropriate word to use. We have people with DSD on this thread.Caster just needs to accept he’s a freak of nature and get a new hobby/job. We can’t all be athletes
How girly does she bleeping look FFS? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a transman with a more feminine face.
I think this is the couple that Self Esteem was fundraising for. It just doesn't make sense, you cant deny you are a woman,
CS has XY chromosomes and a condition that only affects genetic males. He is not a woman, he is a man.I don't get the personal hate for Caster Semenya. However I do understand the complexities and frustrations of competitors at seeming/actual advantage because of elevated testosterone levels. But Caster was born female, with a tina, she was brought up as a girl. It's not somehow her 'fault' her DSD became more pronounced at puberty, or that she happened to be passionate about middle-distance running. She is still a woman - albeit a 'different kind of woman' as she names herself. And who the hell cares how she and her partner became parents, that's no one else's business surely.
May I ask what "personal hate" you refer to regarding Caster. The discussion I've read on these threads relates specifically to their inclusion in female sport and quotes taken from the media rounds they've been doing his week.I don't get the personal hate for Caster Semenya. However I do understand the complexities and frustrations of competitors at seeming/actual advantage because of elevated testosterone levels. But Caster was born female, with a tina, she was brought up as a girl. It's not somehow her 'fault' her DSD became more pronounced at puberty, or that she happened to be passionate about middle-distance running. She is still a woman - albeit a 'different kind of woman' as she names herself. And who the hell cares how she and her partner became parents, that's no one else's business surely.
Incorrect. 'In women referred to as “46 XY DSD” – the most common intersex condition among female athletes – the presence of a Y chromosome causes the development of testes. These do not descend from the abdomen but do produce testosterone. However the receptors for testosterone are abnormal, with the result that the individual develops as female with a tina, but no ovaries or uterus. Circulating testosterone may have no biological effect in the case of complete androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS), or some effect in partial AIS.'CS has XY chromosomes and a condition that only affects genetic males. He is not a woman, he is a man.
It is v v disturbing that so many (vulnerable, mentally ill) TIFs have unprotected sex with men, on the assumption that testosterone has switched off their fertility.I think this is the couple that Self Esteem was fundraising for. It just doesn't make sense, you cant deny you are a woman, View attachment 2559704
It makes me angry that they say they were surprised to get pregnant, if you're someone with a uterus having P in V sex with your male partner why would you not take precautions? I would imagine that a baby conceived by a 'trans man' is more at risk than a baby conceived by a woman. The birth story shows it wasn't a normal or easy birth and I think that's selfish
View attachment 2559705
And their partner is the *awful* drag queen Bailey who makes my skin crawl, like a League of Gentlemen character brought to life.
View attachment 2559706
I hope that baby has other people in her life to give some sort of balance of what is and isn't normal.
Lmao he doesn’t have that he has 5α-Reductase 2 deficiency (5αR2D) which is an autosomal recessive condition caused by a mutation in SRD5A2, a gene encoding the enzyme 5α-reductase type 2 (5αR2). The condition is rare, affects only genetic malesIncorrect. 'In women referred to as “46 XY DSD” – the most common intersex condition among female athletes – the presence of a Y chromosome causes the development of testes. These do not descend from the abdomen but do produce testosterone. However the receptors for testosterone are abnormal, with the result that the individual develops as female with a tina, but no ovaries or uterus. Circulating testosterone may have no biological effect in the case of complete androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS), or some effect in partial AIS.'
(taken from The Conversation article, 'Ten ethical flaws in the Caster Semanya decision on intersex in sport')
I'm repeating myself from the previous thread.I don't get the personal hate for Caster Semenya. However I do understand the complexities and frustrations of competitors at seeming/actual advantage because of elevated testosterone levels. But Caster was born female, with a tina, she was brought up as a girl. It's not somehow her 'fault' her DSD became more pronounced at puberty, or that she happened to be passionate about middle-distance running. She is still a woman - albeit a 'different kind of woman' as she names herself. And who the hell cares how she and her partner became parents, that's no one else's business surely.