Gender Discussion #46

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't know if this has been discussed here already.

UN investigator Reem Alsalem told DailyMail.com 'screaming trans activists' were a worrying and 'increasing trend' that must be tackled.

That’s the lady who made an excellent speech prior to the GRR vote at Holyrood was ignored by Sturgeon and co.

Reactions: 8
It doesn't explain anything because he is literally just a man, no trans involved. There are pictures on his instagram of him as a small boy, very much a boy, and in the 80s so hardly a "oh but they said they were trans at 4" type of small boy.

Why can't gardeners, male or female, present sections about herb planters or blackboards? Surely these are the gender stereotypes we're actually trying to bust, the ones that cause people to think they're trans because they don't "fit" the stereotype their gender is assigned, when really they're just a tomboy or likewise?
Sorry.....if this is the case, I was sure I had seen an article saying he was trans, I must have misread it. x

This is similar to the article I found, Maybe they meant gender neutral, not transgender?

Garden Rescue: Is Lee Burkhill A Trans Man Or Woman

Web6 Jun 2022 · Lee Burkhill is a multi-award-winning garden designer, blogger, and vlogger who is also a proud transgender person. The 38-year-old has achieved enormous success as a result of his green fingers and also works as a YouTuber, presenter, and blogger. He's also been dubbed Garden Ninja, indicating that he's certainly a pro at what he does!

I'm glad this is getting more attention now but there's still a long way to go. It's still too easy for people to dismiss this with the 'Daily Fail being right wing'.

I've just noticed something odd on my work computer. There's a news feed that comes through with various stories of the day but any articles that have anything to do with trans issues like the Australian tennis story have the comments section closed. It's as if they know people will post negatively in the comments so we're not allowed to.
That's MSN. Very occasionally they forget and allow comments and then all hell breaks loose.
I'm on a Tennis forum so posted that article from Australia, already had 1 muppet mention how trans are the most marginalised group EVVVVEHHHH in the entire history of the world:D

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Sorry.....if this is the case, I was sure I had seen an article saying he was trans, I must have misread it. x

This is similar to the article I found, Maybe they meant gender neutral, not transgender?

Garden Rescue: Is Lee Burkhill A Trans Man Or Woman

Web6 Jun 2022 · Lee Burkhill is a multi-award-winning garden designer, blogger, and vlogger who is also a proud transgender person. The 38-year-old has achieved enormous success as a result of his green fingers and also works as a YouTuber, presenter, and blogger. He's also been dubbed Garden Ninja, indicating that he's certainly a pro at what he does!
This is the tweet that one article used to say he was trans and every other article is quoting. It says nothing of the sort, and there is no credible source for the statement that he is trans, but plenty of credible evidence on his own instagram of him not being trans.

And it's somewhat beside the point, because my wider point was why are we gendering gardening tasks on TV shows? Anyone can build a herb garden, you don't need certain parts in your pants to do so.

Am not quite sure what the hell this is advertising on the JD sports website? Is it meant for men or women?
This was in the news recently because it's technically a female swimsuit but of course modelled by a man. Loads of commenting about women being erased again etc etc but in this case all done under the pride/inclusivity umbrella...
I think other stuff on that brands website was also modelled by this man.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
''And it's somewhat beside the point, because my wider point was why are we gendering gardening tasks on TV shows? Anyone can build a herb garden, you don't need certain parts in your pants to do so.''

In this instance I was gendering some gardening tasks! because I feel so defensive about the nonsense and confusion between gender and sexuality. It is a bit ridiculous in some senses because any series containing Charlie Dimmock does actually counter the idea of gendering any gardening tasks on TV shows! Although the show did have an all male team doing all the hard landscaping, using the diggers etc!

Maybe there is an odd aside though, because when I saw him, although this may be completely unfair and very unkind of me, I didnt see him as man, which was why I looked his name up in the first place! And as there was so little information about him, my assumption was that he was trans and that the BBC were being ultra woke by employing him!

Reactions: 1
This was in the news recently because it's technically a female swimsuit but of course modelled by a man. Loads of commenting about women being erased again etc etc but in this case all done under the pride/inclusivity umbrella...
I think other stuff on that brands website was also modelled by this man.
Oh I must've missed that, it popped up on my ads on Facebook and I thought wtf is this!

Reactions: 1
The topless video at the White House is outrageous. A man with breast implants and a mutilated woman. This does absolutely nothing for the Pride movement.

Reactions: 18
I
I don't object to 2 men kissing but the fetish clothing is too much. What is this teaching kids? That all gay men like wearing bondage clothes 😳
But you don't get children's books with heterosexual couple snogging so why is it necessary for homosexual? Just holding hands or arms around each other, head resting on shoulder is sufficient to demonstrate it's a loving relationship.

(And before a poster jumps on about Disney snogs, at least sleeping beauty was dressed appropriately 😜. But seriously as a child I found the Disney snogs too much but there was a fictional character story to them).

Reactions: 14
I

But you don't get children's books with heterosexual couple snogging so why is it necessary for homosexual? Just holding hands or arms around each other, head resting on shoulder is sufficient to demonstrate it's a loving relationship.

(And before a poster jumps on about Disney snogs, at least sleeping beauty was dressed appropriately 😜. But seriously as a child I found the Disney snogs too much but there was a fictional character story to them).
I'd forgotten that, you're right. As a child I didn't enjoy seeing adults kissing at all and thought it was yukky. Didn't want to see it in films at all. As you say there's really no need for it at all.

Reactions: 15
I was in a cafe bar yesterday and they had a low-key traditional pride flag hanging behind the bar and it reminded me of 30 years ago before the GI movement took over. Lovely atmosphere. This time last year, they had the progress flag and all manor of other gender flags scattered about the place with staff wearing pronoun bandages. On my high st, the only shop that’s gone to town with the progress flag this year is Oxfam.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Update on the Bud Light fiasco.

Lost a quarter of It’s sales since working with Dylan Mulvaney. I thought that was the exact opposite to what advertising was supposed to achieve?

I bet the executive involved still claims it was a roaring success though.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I was in a cafe bar yesterday and they had a low-key traditional pride flag hanging behind the bar and it reminded me of 30 years ago before the GI movement took over. Lovely atmosphere. This time last year, they had the progress flag and all manor of other gender flags scattered about the place with staff wearing pronoun bandages. On my high st, the only shop that’s gone to town with the progress flag this year is Oxfam.
Well said. I identify with the traditional flag, no idea what the new flag stands for if honest. Or why it is needed

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Heck, as an ADULT I hate seeing people kissing in movies. When you know it’s just fake and for the camera and imagine how uncomfortable the actors probably are. Totally agree with the idea that showing a hug, hands holding or arms around each other demonstrates affection.

I'd forgotten that, you're right. As a child I didn't enjoy seeing adults kissing at all and thought it was yukky. Didn't want to see it in films at all. As you say there's really no need for it at all.

Not sure if it’s been posted before but this is alarming I need to find out more on DBS checks when name and gender has been changed on birth certificate

There has been prosecutions of sex offenders failing to notify calls to close this legal loophole

D5911E4A-4D63-4C5F-887A-8651A1061CA5.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Why the hell does Pride need a whole month anyway? A week is more than enough, even that's being generous!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.