Gender Discussion #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are still a few EU countries where bestiality isn’t illegal - Hungary, Finland and Romania. In Germany it’s legal if the animal is not ‘forced’ believe it or not. Absolutely abhorrent.
You would think any EU countries would have similar legislation and someone would campaign. It absolutely repulses me. Around the early 2010’s there was this awful influx of material like that including violence towards animals on foreign Facebook and if any of your friends commented on it, it would put it on your newsfeed and I inadvertently saw a couple of things which have scarred me for life. Absolute sickos anyone who harms animals or uses them like that, they are innocent and vulnerable.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I saw an interesting theory that a lot of this gender stuff has become popular as awareness of racism has increased and people pay more dues and attention to other cultures, sort of a selfish need and desire to find an identity which is quirky or different instead of just being “normal”. Would be interesting to see demographics in a study to see if this has any truth to it. I remember Dave Chapelle making a joke about something along these lines too.
It comes from US identity politics.

Reactions: 6
It’s so wonderful every time a new person arrives here, or on Twitter or I get a message on my fb from someone who has started reading my neverending posts about this hellish stuff.
About half the people I reckoned had definitely muted me since 2018 when I started posting about it.
But I know some of them still read lots of the links I share, because little by little I have noticed likes appearing from a wide range of those various fb friends.
I have also had 3 or 4 messages from people asking for more info or actually saying they feel foolish that they didn’t see the problems before.
JkRowling made the first huge difference in getting some to listen, and ironically Nicola Sturgeon made it the topic everyone is now openly discussing.
I wonder if Sturgeon realises that!
Such is Nicolas ego and eye for self promotion, it's almost inevitable that at some point she will claim that that was her intention all along.
---
This is profoundly disturbing
The bit about teaching it at school is disturbing but the truth is that Paedophilia is atleast close to an orientation. You can't cure paedophiles, the best treatment can do is to get the perpetrator to understand that they cannot act on their desires, the actual desire doesn't disappear.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Paedophilia isn't a orientation, it's a perversion, just like being a rapist isn't an orientation, just like beastiality isn't.

Consent can not be given in any of the above, that is what turns them on. Every paedophile knows it's wrong, that's why they want it. It's not about sex it's about power.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Such is Nicolas ego and eye for self promotion, it's almost inevitable that at some point she will claim that that was her intention all along.
---

The bit about teaching it at school is disturbing but the truth is that Paedophilia is atleast close to an orientation. You can't cure paedophiles, the best treatment can do is to get the perpetrator to understand that they cannot act on their desires, the actual desire doesn't disappear.
Around 35% where themselves the victim of childhood abuse so it’s not desire but learned behaviour which through extensive therapy can be unlearned .

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I saw a Tiktok from Anonymous (remember them?) that they’re looking into Jeffrey Marsh. It’s quite a big deal that he’s coming to the attention of other groups outside of feminists and gender criticals. I hope they manage to shine a light on him, he’s such a blatant predator.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I saw a Tiktok from Anonymous (remember them?) that they’re looking into Jeffrey Marsh. It’s quite a big deal that he’s coming to the attention of other groups outside of feminists and gender criticals. I hope they manage to shine a light on him, he’s such a blatant predator.
He's absolutely one of those people that makes me want to scream "RUN!!" The eyeshadow, fake smiles and "wolf that's eaten some chalk" voice (anyone else know that story?) cannot hide the truth of what he really is.
---
I personally can think of an alternative "best treatment".

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Surely orientation is sex based (or at least most of us on this thread would understand it to be) - straight, gay/lesbian or bi.
Paedophiles can be any of the above so to say being attracted to children is an orientation is completely wrong. Otherwise you could say that being attracted to any characteristic (tall, blonde, beards etc) is an orientation, which is obviously not the case.
In any case, as @IdeletedbutI'mbackagain pointed out, it’s about power, not attraction. P*edos like the fact that kids can’t properly consent and the power they get from grooming them or abusing them, knowing that it is wrong.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
That video is terrifying, he’s beyond creepy. Was just waiting on him to say ‘it puts the lotion in the basket’
It would make your heart heavy for young kids growing up with all this tit around

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I saw an interesting theory that a lot of this gender stuff has become popular as awareness of racism has increased and people pay more dues and attention to other cultures, sort of a selfish need and desire to find an identity which is quirky or different instead of just being “normal”. Would be interesting to see demographics in a study to see if this has any truth to it. I remember Dave Chapelle making a joke about something along these lines too.
People like to compete in the Oppression Olympics, plus so many people seem to be scared of being average, mundane. I embrace being boring, lol, but it seems so many are conditioned to think they have to either be oppressed, quirky, different, neurodiverse etc. It's like you can't just be a boring person from a boring town minding your own business anymore 😂 No, now you have to be All the Genders at once and self diagnose yourself with 20 + disorders. Making a mockery of biology, genuine sexuality, genuine disabilities etc in the process. It comes across so desperate to be honest.

I think the world overshares now. Let's get back to some personal privacy, self-motivation, and reduce the need for external validation outside of friendship and family. Why do we need to perform in our e-signatures and on socials all the time? It's sick.
---
About time!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It sort of is that, but it’s also to do with (as someone mentioned) identity politics and the social justice movement imported from the States.

If being white, “cis”, heterosexual, non-disabled etc means you are an oppressor and need to check your privilege and have people spit on you because you have life so easy 😉 then it makes perfect sense to push back against that by saying “actually I’m not one of the bad guys because I’m queer/trans/neurodiverse”.

It’s the easiest route to social clout in a topsy turvy Gen Z world that teaches people only the oppressed deserve to have a voice in society.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
People like to compete in the Oppression Olympics, plus so many people seem to be scared of being average, mundane. I embrace being boring, lol, but it seems so many are conditioned to think they have to either be oppressed, quirky, different, neurodiverse etc. It's like you can't just be a boring person from a boring town minding your own business anymore 😂 No, now you have to be All the Genders at once and self diagnose yourself with 20 + disorders. Making a mockery of biology, genuine sexuality, genuine disabilities etc in the process. It comes across so desperate to be honest.

I think the world overshares now. Let's get back to some personal privacy, self-motivation, and reduce the need for external validation outside of friendship and family. Why do we need to perform in our e-signatures and on socials all the time? It's sick.
---

About time!
I don't think the world overshares its because a lot of these issues are viewed through the lens of social media along with the age of the people sometimes also. So many are the village idiot and years gone by they would have remained the village idiot but now they have the amplification of the internet to share that with people. In my interaction with family/friends/people in social situations I don't come across people saying to me by the way I have ADHD, tourettes and I am polyamorous having just met them or indeed years later. Yet you can have conservations with them and they will talk about a young relative who is self diagnosed with all sorts because she spends most of her time on the internet.

Reactions: 10
It just never fails to astound me how up in arms the blue hair brigade get about pretty much everything, the smallest thing is a gotcha in their tiny heads, they film people (people serving them for example) purely to share and shame on SM, claim their mental health is affected by every tiny little thing they find inconvenient. That being transphobic is the ultimate crime but misogyny is just accepted! So much so we have waves of teenage girls trying to identify out of their womanhood in a way no other generation has done. It is so sad and depressing to me the way things are going. I think above all it’s the non binary girls that sadden me the most. It’s such a high level of self hatred and internalised misogyny but instead of trying to help them accept that being a woman isn’t the root of all evil and that they are actually the victims of misogyny, we’ve to agree with them and refer to them as they/them or else we are bigots. I’ll never get my head around it. Said it before but I’m so glad I don’t have a daughter (and I’d actually love a daughter). But I’d find it incredibly difficult to deal with.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

---
[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t agree more! Especially the oversharing. I genuinely believe I am neurodivergent but it’s not fun or quirky living your whole life thinking you’re a weirdo and deciding to not have children because it would be cruel to potentially inflict it on them. I don’t necessarily feel like that anymore now I suspect I’m not just a freak. I don’t 100% know whether I will pursue getting it investigated but if I do I will keep it to myself. I wouldn’t want to be treated any different, whether or not I am neurodivergent, I’m still me and that’s all people need to know. The only purpose of a diagnosis for me would be the potential treatment available to help me, not as a badge of honour for social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Not sure if it has been posted but I see Ash Regan has decided to run for SNP leader. I'll admit I don't know a lot about her aside from her objections to the gender reform bill so just waiting for the "literal violence" nonsense to begin...

Don't want to turn this into a Scottish politics thread but think it's interesting how many of the "big names" have chosen not to run - feels like the rats are fleeing the sinking ship, as they say...

Reactions: 18
Not sure if it has been posted but I see Ash Regan has decided to run for SNP leader. I'll admit I don't know a lot about her aside from her objections to the gender reform bill so just waiting for the "literal violence" nonsense to begin...

Don't want to turn this into a Scottish politics thread but think it's interesting how many of the "big names" have chosen not to run - feels like the rats are fleeing the sinking ship, as they say...
I was thinking the same. In the last 10 minutes Kate Forbes has announced she's running as well, so that's two candidates who will kill the GRR bill stone dead.

Reactions: 17
I couldn’t agree more! Especially the oversharing. I genuinely believe I am neurodivergent but it’s not fun or quirky living your whole life thinking you’re a weirdo and deciding to not have children because it would be cruel to potentially inflict it on them. I don’t necessarily feel like that anymore now I suspect I’m not just a freak. I don’t 100% know whether I will pursue getting it investigated but if I do I will keep it to myself. I wouldn’t want to be treated any different, whether or not I am neurodivergent, I’m still me and that’s all people need to know. The only purpose of a diagnosis for me would be the potential treatment available to help me, not as a badge of honour for social media.
I am with you 100%. I do bristle when people start criticising this explosion in adults identifying as neurodivergent/getting assessed late in life because I am one of those statistics 🤣 Getting assessed this month (shitting myself actually, even though I’ve known for YEARS that I’m ND) and I do regularly wonder whether I would have had children if I’d known I was autistic and was going to pass it onto them.

I don’t see it as a badge of honour, it’s been a heavy burden all my life. I only wish I’d known about it 30 years earlier.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Long but the Affirmation Generation doc is a must watch before it’s taken down.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.