Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never heard any gay people complain about them. Obviously some will, but I don't think there's widespread dislike of them.

I don't believe people really have any genuine issue with them, they just invent complaints about cost and horses. It's kinda transparent.

As usual it's divisive people who complain about division.
I have heard gay people i know complain about it, especially the rainbows everywhere during pride month by shops etc, of course no actual mention of gay/lesbian rights or significant issues just platitutes like "love is love"
---

The Guardian have scored a bit of an own goal with this one - unless they are looking for an excuse to fire Owen Jones

Has anyone here submitted anything??

Reactions: 2
They’ve edited together highlights of the Glasgow event.

What a brilliant video and such potent words.

It was the idea of that poor woman, going in for something like a smear test/ vaginal examination, asking for a female to be there as their chaparone, and being told whilst half naked waiting on a bed to be examined, that this wasnt possible and that she was using transphobic language!!

How horrendous.

I hope a lot more people, and politicians see this video and realise quite what issues are actually involved in this !! I wonder what would have happened if the woman asking was muslim?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Very off topic for the current discussion, but I have just witnessed the best thing on the DLR in London (for those who don't know a lot of the seats are in pairs) inevitably full of manspreading. Woman just got on and said "sorry is there space here?" Man forced to move his legs that were basically across both seats. He didn't even say anything

Reactions: 21
Zebra crossing are black and white.

Someone is going to get run over as there are plenty of idiot drivers and they won't think this is a legitimate crossing and won't stop where as the pedestrian will step out on it.

Reactions: 17
I have heard gay people i know complain about it, especially the rainbows everywhere during pride month by shops etc, of course no actual mention of gay/lesbian rights or significant issues just platitutes like "love is love"
---

Has anyone here submitted anything??
I wonder how many Women have responded to complain about Owen Jones twitter, that would be hilarious but I doubt we will hear about it.

ETA should have read the twitter comments before posting😂

Reactions: 9
I wonder how many Women have responded to complain about Owen Jones twitter, that would be hilarious but I doubt we will hear about it.

ETA should have read the twitter comments before posting😂
I think there are something like 1.5k responses on Twitter - it looks like 1.49999k are about OJ

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
My issue with the rainbowification of corporations and public spaces is that it’s just meaningless mass virtue signalling to the new religion, and it’s crept in as a direct consequence of gender ideology getting a stranglehold on society. There’s no way that rainbow crossings and rainbow supermarket zappers would be here without the erasure of single sex changing rooms and the erasure of language describing women. It’s all linked. It’s all about adhering to gender ideology and a lefty ideal of what it is to be a Good Person.

I think it’s a fairly spurious argument to suggest that objecting to it is faintly homophobic too, because the rainbow is basically divorced from the concept of gay rights now. Like I said, it’s basically a religious symbol now.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
What a brilliant video and such potent words.

It was the idea of that poor woman, going in for something like a smear test/ vaginal examination, asking for a female to be there as their chaparone, and being told whilst half naked waiting on a bed to be examined, that this wasnt possible and that she was using transphobic language!!

How horrendous.

I hope a lot more people, and politicians see this video and realise quite what issues are actually involved in this !! I wonder what would have happened if the woman asking was muslim?
I have on several occasions asked for a female (albeit I never state ‘that doesn’t include trans women’ as it’s never been on my radar at those times). Apart from a few eye rolls from nurses who assured me the male doctor was ‘fully qualified’ 🙄 I insisted because I don’t feel comfortable. These nurses have no idea of your past and what you’ve been through and it’s none of their business either way. I feel terrible for that woman being spoken to like that esp as she’s lying there feeling vulnerable.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This literally brought a tear to my eye.
A lot of women on Sunday looked teary (myself included) the one that really got me was a survivor of rape self excluding from Edinburgh Rape Crisis because of Mridul Wadwha.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
For the past few years I think pride has been taken over by gender ideology to the point where I actually don’t feel safe to assert that I’m an old fashioned, same-sex attracted lesbian for fear of being burned at the stake. When I see anything rainbow, be it posters, badges, lanyards, road crossings etc, I don’t see it as being for me, it’s for all the straight people who want to feel fancy.

Gender ideology and LGB don’t belong in the same category, they aren’t compatible. I’ve been told I’m transphobic for not being attracted to men who say they’re women. I used to read Diva magazine until it started including trans women in their stories and writers and telling us that TiMs are women and should be welcomed.

The more aggressive the rainbows, the more aggressive men become about their claim to womanhood. I don’t include TiFs in that, because where are all the pushy and mouthy trans men?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I have on several occasions asked for a female (albeit I never state ‘that doesn’t include trans women’ as it’s never been on my radar at those times). Apart from a few eye rolls from nurses who assured me the male doctor was ‘fully qualified’ 🙄 I insisted because I don’t feel comfortable. These nurses have no idea of your past and what you’ve been through and it’s none of their business either way. I feel terrible for that woman being spoken to like that esp as she’s lying there feeling vulnerable.
The male doctor is fully qualified, but that isn’t the point. You should be comfortable with whoever is going to perform whatever procedure. Male nurses and doctors and carers should be prepared to be asked to defer to female staff when requested by women. In general would men prefer other men to deal with their personal issues or are they not bothered? Most nurses and carers are women after all and they do get sexually harassed by male patients.

Reactions: 18
The male doctor is fully qualified, but that isn’t the point. You should be comfortable with whoever is going to perform whatever procedure. Male nurses and doctors and carers should be prepared to be asked to defer to female staff when requested by women. In general would men prefer other men to deal with their personal issues or are they not bothered? Most nurses and carers are women after all and they do get sexually harassed by male patients.
Even giving birth I didn’t want a male doctor when things got bit scary. Thankfully I was able to choose a female doctor and I’m glad I did as she was amazing. Obviously in emergency situations that would go out the window. But I have luckily always had the option to choose. I would be interested to know if women of faith are treated to eye rolls if they request a female.

On that note, Muslim women and women of other faiths have really been completely ignored and disregarded in all this. Just completely treated like they don’t matter ☹

Reactions: 24
On that note, Muslim women and women of other faiths have really been completely ignored and disregarded in all this. Just completely treated like they don’t matter ☹
Yes, exactly! Many Muslim women do not believe in physical contact with a man other than family/husband or being in certain environments with them, the same is true of some Jewish and Gypsy/Roma/Traveller women, other groups too. We forbid religious and ethnic discrimination so why do the "rights" of men to be in women's spaces take priority over the rights of these women?

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Oh god I’ve just stumbled on a page on insta that had really shocked me. On first glance it looks innocent enough. But I read a bit closer and realised it’s a page set up by a ‘trans dad’ basically this dad with a son who is now his daughter. And he’s set up a company making trans and non binary swimwear!! Which on inspection appears to be padded bikini tops and bottoms that hide the penis. There are toddlers and little kids in there. I’m not kidding. This is a legit company and the dad and ‘daughter’ have been on the today show (as obviously they are American). Just…wow. It’s insane. It is so efffed up that little boys who want to wear unicorn swimwear feel they have to tuck their penis away and become girls to do so. I honestly despair for humanity.

• Sick
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Oh god I’ve just stumbled on a page on insta that had really shocked me. On first glance it looks innocent enough. But I read a bit closer and realised it’s a page set up by a ‘trans dad’ basically this dad with a son who is now his daughter. And he’s set up a company making trans and non binary swimwear!! Which on inspection appears to be padded bikini tops and bottoms that hide the penis. There are toddlers and little kids in there. I’m not kidding. This is a legit company and the dad and ‘daughter’ have been on the today show (as obviously they are American). Just…wow. It’s insane. It is so efffed up that little boys who want to wear unicorn swimwear feel they have to tuck their penis away and become girls to do so. I honestly despair for humanity.
I know you’re not kidding, I’ve seen who you’re talking about before and can even picture the image of the dad and “daughter” together on the main page, it may have been discussed on one of these earlier threads, but I can’t remember the name of the company now

Reactions: 7
What i posted earlier re the wee girl missing in Galashiels seems legit. 😣

Confirmed by Daily Telegraph within the last hour

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.