Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or alternatively, men in men’s toilets could just not be aggressive to other men who present differently I suppose. I mean, I’ve seen no evidence that this is really the case but that’s what we are led to believe.
I did previously think a third space would be the answer, but most of them say they don’t want it and I think it would just inevitably end up as rank as the men’s does if men who identify as women used it - in effect it would end up being a situation where there are two sets of facilities for men and one for women.
I also think it would be a bit unfair for public facilities to suffer such a great upheaval and cost for less than 1% of the population. Money could be spent on improving things like Changing Places for disabled people with carers who need hoists etc., changing toilets and facilities for parents or mums with babies who are breastfeeding, regular disabled toilets and so on - these groups together are a much larger section of the population but are seen as comparatively unimportant. The improvement of services for everyone is supposedly one of the reasons behind doing a regular census, but all we ever hear about is what trans or non binary ‘folk’ need. What about everyone else?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Or alternatively, men in men’s toilets could just not be aggressive to other men who present differently I suppose. I mean, I’ve seen no evidence that this is really the case but that’s what we are led to believe.
I did previously think a third space would be the answer, but most of them say they don’t want it and I think it would just inevitably end up as rank as the men’s does if men who identify as women used it - in effect it would end up being a situation where there are two sets of facilities for men and one for women.
I also think it would be a bit unfair for public facilities to suffer such a great upheaval and cost for less than 1% of the population. Money could be spent on improving things like Changing Places for disabled people with carers who need hoists etc., changing toilets and facilities for parents or mums with babies who are breastfeeding, regular disabled toilets and so on - these groups together are a much larger section of the population but are seen as comparatively unimportant. The improvement of services for everyone is supposedly one of the reasons behind doing a regular census, but all we ever hear about is what trans or non binary ‘folk’ need. What about everyone else?
👏🏼 to all this! Have you all seen the horses reacting to the rainbow zebra crossings? I actually can’t quite believe the incredible stupidity of whoever thought that would be a good idea. Clearly inclusion doesn’t matter if it’s blind people, autistic people, people with dementia, children..
It’s like a literal physical representation of how this tit fucks up safeguarding.

Reactions: 21
i believe the average, decent man wouldn’t want to share facilities with women and young girls. It’s the ponces and TiMs that want to.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
On the topic of womens bathrooms; I wish I could identify my way out of the huge queue there usually is when either a) really need to pee or b) starting period suddenly or C) flooding my period product (c is my most favourite scenario)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It's not ideal, but I think if we keep things as they are, trans women will continue to enter women's toilets regardless, as they won't want to go into the male toilets. So, while I agree a third space may well just be for biological men, they're surely better in there than women's toilets. That's the angle I'm coming from.

I'm not saying the other things aren't important, and they can be lobbied for as well.
---

👏🏼 to all this! Have you all seen the horses reacting to the rainbow zebra crossings? I actually can’t quite believe the incredible stupidity of whoever thought that would be a good idea. Clearly inclusion doesn’t matter if it’s blind people, autistic people, people with dementia, children..
It’s like a literal physical representation of how this tit fucks up safeguarding.
Oh come on, they're mostly temporary. How often do horses cross rainbow zebra crossings? Talk about creating an issue out of something small.

Reactions: 1
On the topic of womens bathrooms; I wish I could identify my way out of the huge queue there usually is when either a) really need to pee or b) starting period suddenly or C) flooding my period product (c is my most favourite scenario)
quoting myself like a 🛎 end

and - given how often I wear “masculine” (wtf that means) chinos, docs, sweater and an outdoorsy jacket I could arguably have nipped in the mens (where there was no q). But they deserve single sex loo too!
---

Just seen
i saw this today on Twitter. This woman is a brave brave woman and I don’t think I could have shouted up like she did. 👸💖💖

Reactions: 13
I feel for her, but I really recommend the grey rock method. Film, don't feed.

Reactions: 3
---

Oh come on, they're mostly temporary. How often do horses cross rainbow zebra crossings? Talk about creating an issue out of something small.
They are not temporary and get repainted and they also confuse guide dogs and drivers who don’t recognize them as immediately as they recognize a zebra crossing. Are they in the Highway code?

Reactions: 17
They are not temporary and get repainted and they also confuse guide dogs and drivers who don’t recognize them as immediately as they recognize a zebra crossing. Are they in the Highway code?
No idea, I've never seen one in real life. They only ever seem to crop up in online discussions along the lines of "those gays get everything!"

Girls and Women need the privacy of their own toilets over and above Men's toileting because they may be in pain , achey and need to deal with Nature's periods , blood , cleanliness, etc so require Privacy as a courtesy towards them.

It's different if there's only 1 toilet facility in a building ( such as a cafe) as that , by nature, is a Universal loo for all people - but there's only 1 person in it at any one time.....
Have you seen the argument ‘everyone has gender neutral toilets in their home’ … er yeah no tit, but I’m not running into bob the builder in my own house am I!

Reactions: 19
No idea, I've never seen one in real life. They only ever seem to crop up in online discussions along the lines of "those gays get everything!"
I think it depends on where you live, there’s none where I live in NW England but they were very prevalent when I visited London last week and I can see how it would confuse animals. Not sure how it improves LGB (plus any other letters) issues though and f people are confused by the message then it’s not a great message really as it’s not clear

Reactions: 17
It just looks like men's toilets to me. I've definitely been in loos where the sinks are in the middle like that. It doesn't look like the cubicles have doors on them, but I expect that's just because this is designed to show the layout. I'm pretty sure they'd have doors once built.

I'd expect gender neutral toilets to only have cubicles to be honest and I'd also expect them to be provided in addition to male and female toilets, with the implication being that trans people use them. I think third spaces are the answer as most men and women like their single sex spaces, but I do understand why a trans woman might not want to use the men's - so a neutral option seems to be the only solution to me.
TIM's don't want to use third space toilets FFS, nor do they want to use Mens toilets. They want to use the Womens toilet because this affirms their fetish.
If TIM's - men - have a problem with male society and feel unsafe in male spaces then they need to address that. The answer is not to push their way, unwelcomed and uninvited, into women's spaces.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I think most people, yes the silent majority, recognise the gestures for the tokenism they are and just dislike them as they are divisive in nature. And that includes gay people too.

Reactions: 11
She should sue them, it is against the law for them to refuse.
That's from last year - it's a private hospital so they can choose to treat who they like. From memory, they've now given her the operation at their other site with the required equipment which has no trans staff.

Reactions: 9
I think most people, yes the silent majority, recognise the gestures for the tokenism they are and just dislike them as they are divisive in nature. And that includes gay people too.
Let’s make a meaningless tokenistic gesture aaaaand make it dangerous 🎉 not even responding to the goading 🥱🥱

Reactions: 7
I don't agree with them either. Road Safety should be uniform across the United Kingdom.
Stupid rainbow police cars get on my bleeping tits, too. Things like that have a livery for a reason, in an emergency.

Reactions: 20
Camden - 2021

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.