Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sam Smith might not be doing anything new (ok apart from the golden showers, I don’t think I’ve seen that in a pop video before…) but with him it’s just grotesque. He’s trying so hard to be sexy when he doesn’t have that kind of charisma, it’s cringy more than a turn on. Who told him he looked good? I know beauty is subjective, but he’s so bleeping unattractive in this video. Who’s telling him this is a good look?

On the other hand… the time period it seems to be set in reminds me a bit of 120 Days of Sodom by Marquis de Sade, albeit more glamorous and without kids, so if that was what he was aiming at then he nailed it.
You're right, he has all the charisma and stage presence of a wet quilt, and to be fair those qualities have nothing to do with weight or appearance, but they also can't be manufactured by taking his clothes off. Quite the opposite.

Reactions: 17
Harsh but true. If an artist wants to sell sex, then they need to be conventionally attractive. And Sam isn’t even particularly unattractive - his outfits are.

Sam’s problem is being captured by a cult that seems to think being “femme” = being fuckable. Which is presumably why he’s styled in this grotesque parody of a burlesque outfit. I mean it’s just foul 🤣 Was everyone on set really yaaas queening when he stepped out?

View attachment 1921923
There is no way the mainstream media would be “accepting” of a woman in equal size/stature/attractiveness - she would be torn to shreds if she even made it into the public eye for this look and how she is/needs to [enter appropriate insult here].

Sex sells when you’re a conventionally attractive woman (but a mediocre man is absolutely fine).

There is no way the mainstream media would be “accepting” of a woman in equal size/stature/attractiveness - she would be torn to shreds if she even made it into the public eye for this look and how she is/needs to [enter appropriate insult here].

Sex sells when you’re a conventionally attractive woman (but a mediocre man is absolutely fine).
Yep. I haven’t seen him get the kind of heat Lizzo gets for her larger body in terms of a health POV, the ‘you shouldn’t be normalising obesity’ stuff levelled at her 🤷🏻‍♀️ I believe she gets told off if she’s saying she’s trying to lose weight too. Women can rarely win with body image.

Reactions: 18
  • Angry
I really hope the coverage of this male rapist is the tipping point for this dangerous nonsense but I won’t hold my breath.

The picture of him in pink leggings with an obvious and deliberate bulge is so repulsive but it’s a perfect insight into the mindset of deviants like this. He’s mocking his victims and continuing to assert his power and control over them, and women in general, with the backing of the state. He’s now potentially going to be placed permanently in cortonvale where he can re-traumatise vulnerable women with impunity. This is a living hell.
This. I think a lot of people - even some GC people on Twitter and here - don’t quite recognise the extent of the fetishism. Every time somebody comments on a photo like that, ridiculing him even, they are indulging his fetish. His fetish isn’t simply “dressing as a woman” - it’s “conducting himself in a way that causes self humiliation” - he’s aiming his behaviour at the people who ridicule him, and to ridicule him is to comply with his demands to be humiliated. If wearing a suit and tie got him ridiculed, that’d give him a hard on too.
What trans activism does is removes the decision making process and consequences - he doesn’t have to weigh his fetish against a social cost, because there’s a social activism that will laud him for “smashing gender norms”. It’s pathetic

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Struggling to remember “the one where… Ross and Chandler simulate pissing into each other’s mouths whilst wearing lingerie” 🤣
That's it. It's just struck me. What is wrong with Sam Smith and sweaty bloated body and his silly non-binary and his vile video is ALL of it reminds you of how vile men can be. We all know what men are like but SS is goading us putting it out there, right on display.

Reactions: 16
26 year old trans child molester in California who plead guilty for the sexual assault of a 10 year old girl when he was 17 is sentenced to two years in a female juvenile youth facility. He will not be made to sign the sex offender register on his release.

James “Hannah” Tubbs:

1675104414920.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
This. I think a lot of people - even some GC people on Twitter and here - don’t quite recognise the extent of the fetishism. Every time somebody comments on a photo like that, ridiculing him even, they are indulging his fetish. His fetish isn’t simply “dressing as a woman” - it’s “conducting himself in a way that causes self humiliation” - he’s aiming his behaviour at the people who ridicule him, and to ridicule him is to comply with his demands to be humiliated. If wearing a suit and tie got him ridiculed, that’d give him a hard on too.
What trans activism does is removes the decision making process and consequences - he doesn’t have to weigh his fetish against a social cost, because there’s a social activism that will laud him for “smashing gender norms”. It’s pathetic
Sheila Jeffreys opened my eyes on fetishism, though sometimes I wish she hadn't.

Reactions: 4
On Sam Smith, some people are claiming the outcry is just because he's gay/non-binary and this would never happen with a straight singer's music video. Except there has been many music videos that have been close to the line or strayed over the line of acceptability. Cardi B's WAP, Blurred Lines. Spears' Slave For You was criticized back in the day.

If Sam Smith had stuck to the ostentatious outfits he wears at the start but avoided the weird liquid spray scenes and the corset that made him look up like the big-budget version of Matt Lucas' gay character from Little Britain, it wouldn't have been a big deal.

On an another note, I think he should ask himself why it might be that he's always being friend zoned.

Reactions: 18
26 year old trans child molester in California who plead guilty for the sexual assault of a 10 year old girl when he was 17 is sentenced to two years in a female juvenile youth facility. He will not be made to sign the sex offender register on his release.

James “Hannah” Tubbs:

View attachment 1922472
What the actual duck

I hate this world we live in. Nowhere feels safe anymore. I don't want to bring children into this shitshow, I worry it's only going to get worse.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
This is a very long thread on the impact assessment policy for trans prisoners in Scotland. In brief, women's groups were not consulted - but trans groups were given free rein - and only the impacts on trans prisoners were considered - no impacts on female prisoners or female prison staff seem to have been evaluated.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I honestly don't think it's any worse than anything Madonna trotted out in the 80s.

And the fact the above image has been posted here repeatedly is surely evidence that it's pretty tame. If it was too explicit, I don't think anyone would post it here and certainly not without spoiler tags.

But I've said my piece now. :D
There was thought as well as a personal story behind a lot of Madonnas music. Like a prayer caused much controversy however there many arches to that story. Sam smiths seems to be I ‘m a fat sub wouldn’t you pish in my mouth pretty please.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
This is a very long thread on the impact assessment policy for trans prisoners in Scotland. In brief, women's groups were not consulted - but trans groups were given free rein - and only the impacts on trans prisoners were considered - no impacts on female prisoners or female prison staff seem to have been evaluated.

“SPS have a duty of care and will take steps. A trans person should not have any contact or be in the same location at any time with a person who has been charged or sentenced to a transphobic crime.”

This part jumped out.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
“SPS have a duty of care and will take steps. A trans person should not have any contact or be in the same location at any time with a person who has been charged or sentenced to a transphobic crime.”

This part jumped out.
it’s the same type of impact study that was carried out in schools…..both forgot to ask the people it would impact most in this case woman and girls….they also ignored run of the mill prison guards

it was basically so you are trans…..how can we bend over backwards for you!!!!

• Angry
Reactions: 24

This part jumped out.
But not “a woman should not have any contact or be in the same location at any time with a person who has been charged or sentenced to a crime involving violence against women” 🤬🤬🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 26

This part jumped out.
So women are branded more dangerous than men !
Unbelievable 😡

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.