Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get people don't like Sam Smith for the daft they/them pronoun thing, but I can't help feel at least some of the objection to him is a bit puritanical. šŸ˜‚

I mean, Madonna was doing videos like that to 'shock' in the 1980s and here we are in the 2020s and some people are still clutching their pearls in mock horror. I think it risks undermining the position, as it makes it seem like any objection to trans stuff is rooted in Mary Whitehouse mentality.

I know it isn't, but the high horse tutting is a bit much at times.
Was Madonna doing multiple simulated golden showers? šŸ˜³
Is this what artists do? Not my fortĆØ but It's OTT imo.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
I get people don't like Sam Smith for the daft they/them pronoun thing, but I can't help feel at least some of the objection to him is a bit puritanical. šŸ˜‚

I mean, Madonna was doing videos like that to 'shock' in the 1980s and here we are in the 2020s and some people are still clutching their pearls in mock horror. I think it risks undermining the position, as it makes it seem like any objection to trans stuff is rooted in Mary Whitehouse mentality.

As you said, Madonna was shocking people in the 80s - but this is nothing like Madonna and my comment has nothing to do with trans people (and is he really trans?) doing their own thing - and everything to do with the the state of him and his act. There was a production team behind this - and SS and his mate Graham Norton and others will promote dross like this as innovative. See also the bloke who 'played' the piano with his penis - he's getting a show on BBC.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Yes I live in Surrey and no lie I see one everytime I go out. Different men as well, I said to my husband their perversion has been given a green light and we can't say anything. Next it will be men in bondage and gif masks doing their food shopping.

---

gif masks, predictive text isn't pervy yet!

---

I give up!
That's one of those words that Tattle automatically autocorrects if you type it in a post :)

With spectacular timing, just as the Isla Bryson story starts to cool a bit, it's come out that another trans prisoner has just been approved for a transfer to Cornton Vale - this one considered one of the most dangerous prisoners in Scotland.

---

• Angry
Reactions: 18
The CEO of Rape Crisis Scotland is worried that other transwomen in women's prisons might be at risk from trans rapists o_O

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

Possibly an unpopular opinion but the sexualisation of almost every aspect of our culture, including that disgusting Sam Smith video (how can anyone say objections to that are puritanical??) and songs like WAP, have opened the floodgates. Itā€™s a huge part of the reason perverts feel emboldened to indulge their proclivities out in the open. The situation in which we find ourselves as a society didnā€™t happen in a vacuum.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

I think I find Smith a bit pitiful because the stuff is not actually as wild/transgressive as Smith thinks? Because as you mention Madonna etc have done it all before. So too have loads of performance artists (Though personally I think that sort of performance art is bad).

Reactions: 6

It wouldn't surprise me if she had. I think some of the things in her 'Sex' book were probably worse to be honest. She also did the whole burning crosses thing to piss religious people off.

It's just classic attention seeking which popstars have done for ages.

The whole right wing "omg it's so shocking!" trope is so faux and overdone, as though the people who say such things are whiter than white. I'm willing to bet they're not.

We used to be free of that Fox News mentality, but it's worming its way in over here as well.

---

I think I find Smith a bit pitiful because the stuff is not actually as wild/transgressive as Smith thinks? Because as you mention Madonna etc have done it all before. So too have loads of performance artists (Though personally I think that sort of performance art is bad).
Yeah exactly. I don't like him much and I'm not gonna pander to the 'they/them' thing, but acting like he's some dangerous monster is hilarious.

By the way, like my last couple of comments, I'm talking generally, it's not aimed at you or anyone here in particular.

Reactions: 1
I think thereā€™s a whole separate discussion and debate on whether womenā€™s sexual empowerment is ever truly empowering when itā€™s under the male gaze. However, what is grotesque about Smith is that he is a man, caricaturing and fetishising what is Woman. I ainā€™t here for it. And if that makes me a Pearl clutcher..
95B77F80-4238-4E42-9FFC-2AA91B244CD8.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 26

I think it's also cos he's so fat :LOL:

No one would object to Harry Styles or Olly Alexander trying to pull this off.

*runs and hides*

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Heā€™s just plain old creepy. Itā€™s like heā€™s trying to be as vile and sleazy as possible. Heā€™s fat, sweaty, pale, hairy and not very attractive. Which believe it or not Iā€™m not judging him for. Iā€™m pretty fat and pale myself šŸ„“ itā€™s the fact heā€™s going out his way to accentuate all his unattractive features and thinks we should all fall at his chubby little trotters. Itā€™s bizarre but I canā€™t say Iā€™m losing sleep over it. I avoid anything heā€™s on and would not watch his video if you paid me. No pearl clutching here, more like body swerving.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
The golden shower / face jizzing scenes though I'm not sure anyone wants to see, from either Styles or Smith :LOL:
I donā€™t find either remotely attractive šŸ¤¢ I canā€™t think of any man I want to see in a thong and nipple tassels actually, especially not my husband. Ick central.
While I think Stylesā€™ gender nonconformity is about as genuine as his relationship with that director lady, heā€™s not claiming to be a they/them or saying itā€™s ā€œa shameā€ that his tantrum meant a woman missed out on a Brit award this year. Smith is repulsive for many reasons. Think itā€™s widely known heā€™s an hole too.

Reactions: 34
Heā€™s just plain old creepy. Itā€™s like heā€™s trying to be as vile and sleazy as possible. Heā€™s fat, sweaty, pale, hairy and not very attractive. Which believe it or not Iā€™m not judging him for. Iā€™m pretty fat and pale myself šŸ„“ itā€™s the fact heā€™s going out his way to accentuate all his unattractive features and thinks we should all fall at his chubby little trotters. Itā€™s bizarre but I canā€™t say Iā€™m losing sleep over it. I avoid anything heā€™s on and would not watch his video if you paid me. No pearl clutching here, more like body swerving.
I'm with you on that, don't like his music and find him physically repulsive.

I'm actually really tired of seeing popsingers trying to be as sexually provocative as they can. Its boring to me now although I know I'm not the target market. Madonna has a lot to answer for because she started the trend and its never gone away since.

I just find it sad that sex has to sell music and female singers think that they have to look like prostitutes to sell music. It's not empowering for women and detracts from their talent.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
I donā€™t find either remotely attractive šŸ¤¢ I canā€™t think of any man I want to see in a thong and nipple tassels actually, especially not my husband. Ick central.
While I think Stylesā€™ gender nonconformity is about as genuine as his relationship with that director lady, heā€™s not claiming to be a they/them or saying itā€™s ā€œa shameā€ that his tantrum meant a woman missed out on a Brit award this year. Smith is repulsive for many reasons. Think itā€™s widely known heā€™s an hole too.
Does nothing for me, that's for sure.
It isn't ' enabling' , either. It's bleeping embarrassing

Reactions: 15
The golden shower / face jizzing scenes though I'm not sure anyone wants to see, from either Styles or Smith :LOL:
So youā€™re saying you donā€™t want to watch simulations of piss soaked orgies in mainstream media?? Clearly you want a return to Victorian times šŸ™„ *holds up sarcasm sign you can see from the moon*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Dylanā€™s new face has been revealed.

Who wants to tell him he still looks like a man, just one whoā€™s messed with his face?
Itā€™s the shape of his back and waist šŸ¤£ nobody is buying it mate. Also the photoshop fail on his arm šŸ¤£ all the surgery, photoshop and filters in the world canā€™t hide the truth.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.