Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Do you feel comfortable speaking to other parents? Much more powerful going in as a group. You don't have to be overtly GC with parents, test the waters.
I honestly don’t know many of the parents and I have a sneaky suspicion it wouldn’t be on many if anyone’s radar tbh. I will be contacting the head I think. Urgh.

Reactions: 8
My six year old has just told me yesterday he did a PSHE lesson where they had to “guess B’s gender” based on what they played with and choose B three toys 🙃🙃 I’m raging. So do I speak to the school and find out wth it was about or not?!

Edited to add- I’ve found the lesson.
Yeah speak to the school, talk about reinforcing gender stereotypes.

What country are you based in can I ask?

Reactions: 9
England.
@Pipsy thank you for the link. I follow and have read their stuff before but in my rage hadn’t remembered their work. Will certainly be using that 👍🏻
Best of luck with dealing this tit situation, is there another school you can send them to?

I'm honestly just so shocked at how backward that lesson is, it really is like a cult.

Reactions: 11
Best of luck with dealing this tit situation, is there another school you can send them to?

I'm honestly just so shocked at how backward that lesson is, it really is like a cult.
They have only been going a year and have really supported my eldest who finds school very difficult and he’s now doing so much better so I’m hoping it won’t come to that 😩 I’ve just told the kids that any mention of gender or trans (have heard my eldest say the word before but he didn’t know what it meant, probably thanks to their posters 😒) they’re to put their hand up and say my mum says she needs to know before I learn this. I will ask for them not to take part in any lessons around gender ideology. I was actually really hoping to go for a job there at some point but I’m sure after the convo I’m going to have that will not be happening ☹

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
No!! This has just come up on my Instagram feed.
If being a man or a woman is not defined by genitals why do they wear packers? Binders? Fake breast? Why do they mutilate their bodies? Why TIM pretend to have periods?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
If being a man or a woman is not defined by genitals why do they wear packers? Binders? Fake breast? Why do they mutilate their bodies? Why TIM pretend to have periods?
Indeed! Nothing makes sense in their ideology. It's moronic to fall for it. I'm glad that doctor is speaking out, but how did they ever think it was morally and medically okay in the first place to "help" kids in this way. They should never have gone along with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Right trying to calm down and be proactive 😅
Have ordered this, looks fab! I will be showing it to school too to help explain my beliefs and that it doesn’t make me a bigot 😤 quite the opposite thank you!
3E38FD92-7EC6-48DF-9591-65EC01C35477.png

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Right trying to calm down and be proactive 😅
Have ordered this, looks fab! I will be showing it to school too to help explain my beliefs and that it doesn’t make me a bigot 😤 quite the opposite thank you!
View attachment 1947546
Your children are lucky to have you. ❤

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Saw that and I’m gutted - I was just about to buy more
I wondered how long it would take for them to jump onboard.. 😔

Surprised "&sisters" haven't changed their brand to "&sisters&brothers" or cis&sisters they believe 'not all people who menstruate are women'.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Are there any sanitary products that haven’t been captured by gender ideology yet?
Most of my reusable sanitary products are from Amazon. I am going to need to replace some of them soon and no idea where to go.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Reading comments that have been made about Madonna and her appearance and her calling it out as ageism and misogyny, which I agree with. It just makes you realise the hypocrisy. The same people (looking at YOU Lorraine Kelly) who make disparaging remarks about Madonna’s appearance, a woman in her 60s, will fawn over fake woman in his 60s Eddie Izzard, who looks like dog tit, but they won’t hear a word against him. If that isn’t a clear cut example of misogyny I don’t know what is.

That Lorraine feels comfortable enough to actually make comments about Madonna’s face, but will openly say Eddie looks FAB….honestly I just despair sometimes.
I agree that the fawning over Izzard is ridiculous and it's certainly true that trans women can look a right state and be called 'stunning and brave'.

I do think that Madonna has had too much plastic surgery though and now looks like she's been embalmed. Is it really out of order to say this? If she looked like a naturally aged woman I would certainly agree that it would be ageist to criticise her looks. My criticism would be that she has ruined her once pretty face with too many procedures.
---

No!! This has just come up on my Instagram feed.
Why are they all so ugly? Sorry not sorry 😐

Reactions: 17
How the hell do you get over this?
Rather than schools teaching gender labels focus on teaching boys that girls are to be respected as human beings and not just as bodies to be used and abused for their satisfaction.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh god Nicola Bulley investigation is now wanting to find a van. I really hoped she wasn’t snatched. I know not all men, I know there are decent ones. Why are there so many that attack women? It never seems to stop.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.