Gender Discussion #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah she pops up on my YouTube every now and again. Her pronouns are “he/they” and I’m just wondering if she uses the male toilets since she wants to be referred to as a male.💀
I wonder if she also uses ‘they’ because then it gives her an excuse to use the women’s toilets. I can imagine men wouldn’t be afraid to point out she’s in the wrong one, either that or she wouldn’t feel comfortable going into the men’s in the first place. Using ‘they’ means she can acknowledge her actual sex when it suits.

Cases like this make me think that people who use opposite sex pronouns along with ‘they’ are doing it to feel special. It’s just a bandwagon they’ve jumped on.

Reactions: 18
Stolen from the Dylan thread - WOW, just wow! (Sorry if this has been posted before)

WARNING - It's a hard watch and graphic

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Stolen from the Dylan thread - WOW, just wow! (Sorry if this has been posted before)

Patriarchy is so powerful it has erased women and replaced them by men.
We are only useful for them as surrogate mothers and sex objects.
Liberal feminists are manipulated.

Reactions: 19

Scary stuff.

I wonder if she also uses ‘they’ because then it gives her an excuse to use the women’s toilets. I can imagine men wouldn’t be afraid to point out she’s in the wrong one, either that or she wouldn’t feel comfortable going into the men’s in the first place. Using ‘they’ means she can acknowledge her actual sex when it suits.

Cases like this make me think that people who use opposite sex pronouns along with ‘they’ are doing it to feel special. It’s just a bandwagon they’ve jumped on.
Like Dylan! He has she/they but I know for a fact that he uses the womens. 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Happy new year to you all! I haven't caught up on these threads since I went away on vacation, but a while ago I mentioned being worried about Christmas with my recently non-binary cousin-not sure if anyone recalls, but in case you do, just as an update, Christmas was fine. Gender stuff didn't come up at all, which was something of a relief especially given the day I arrived there was the Rishi Sunak's concern about the Scottish gender act headline on the newspaper. Most of Christmas, I just felt really far away from her. Like - I can see a parallel universe where I am so on board with this, all guns blazing, and sometimes I'm sad I'm not, even though I have angsted and read so much about this I know I feel right and more healthy long-term not believing in this stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
no words... imagine thinking experiencing misogyny is a win... male moment

in case you can't play the vid:
25EE3237-F82B-4869-921F-4CD21AB169CA.png

• Sick
  • Angry

Ahh so a ‘period’ is the emotions you feel. Not the actually bleeding part. Guess I’ve been wrong for 24 years.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
I'm reading these 'trans women have periods too' comments and I literally don't know what reaction to use - it makes me mad angry that these men are so deluded they think they have periods cos they say they feel emotional, it is so absurd that it is laughable.
It is also really sad for women that these men are so insensitive and wilfully stupid, it also makes me sad for the men that they are so ignorant and have zero respect for women 🙁

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’ve noticed that the tide seems to be turning regarding menstruation being taboo (though, just typing that word into my phone and there was no predictive text for menstruation 🙄). But it feels like it’s getting more discussion publicly, particularly around sport (women’s tennis changing the rules so they don’t always have to wear white), discussion around menstrual leave from work, etc and so now of course, all these trans identifying men come onto the scene claiming that THEY now get periods too! It’s like women can’t have ANYTHING! Even the bad stuff: they WANT period pain and mood swings, they WANT to be sexually assaulted (HOW AFFIRMING! WHEEEEEEE!).
I hate this movement!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
I’ve noticed that the tide seems to be turning regarding menstruation being taboo (though, just typing that word into my phone and there was no predictive text for menstruation 🙄). But it feels like it’s getting more discussion publicly, particularly around sport (women’s tennis changing the rules so they don’t always have to wear white), discussion around menstrual leave from work, etc and so now of course, all these trans identifying men come onto the ‘em scene claiming that THEY now get periods too! It’s like women can’t have ANYTHING! Even the bad stuff: they WANT period pain and mood swings, they WANT to be sexually assaulted (HOW AFFIRMING! WHEEEEEEE!).
I hate this movement!
I was followed home from work and flashed once, they’d be delighted if that happened to them whereas I was traumatised 😒

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
This heralds the end of the 'Dutch protocol' for gender affirmation of children (there is a link to the original Dutch language article)

The Dutch Model is falling apart - Genspect
This is so ....scary......Im glad there is now starting to be proper questioning about the ethics of this, but who on earth authorised these treatments in the first place?

We are watching the first stages of a brand new court case against these drugs, similar in some respects to the whole thalidomide disaster, whereby the drugs company thought they knew best, and allowed untested drugs to be used on hundreds of women with awful effects.

Ahh so a ‘period’ is the emotions you feel. Not the actually bleeding part. Guess I’ve been wrong for 24 years.
so so frustrating!

so by this logic, even though i am now past my menopause, now I can say I am having a period when watching a traumatic news story about the Ukraine! Because the news story tugs so hard at my emotions and makes me feel genuinely sad and miserable!

• Heart
so by this logic, even though i am now past my menopause, now I can say I am having a period when watching a traumatic news story about the Ukraine! Because the news story tugs so hard at my emotions and makes me feel genuinely sad and miserable!
I'm also past menopause, and thought my periods were over and done with. I must have been wrong all this time! Thank goodness these men have explained it to us.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.