Gender Discussion #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to a big Sainsbury's today and saw a bloke who looked like old man Steptoe wearing a short, t-shirt material skirt along with his dirty old man socks and shoes and old man top and jacket. Very bizarre - I think dirty old pervs have definitely become emboldened.

And whoever writes the Muddy Stillettos email is definitely a fellow TERF - I loved this:

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 15.32.04.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I went to a big Sainsbury's today and saw a bloke who looked like old man Steptoe wearing a short, t-shirt material skirt along with his dirty old man socks and shoes and old man top and jacket. Very bizarre - I think dirty old pervs have definitely become emboldened.

And whoever writes the Muddy Stillettos email is definitely a fellow TERF - I loved this:

View attachment 1909456
that’s brilliant. What is the muddy stilettos email?

Sorry if this has been posted but fair play to David Blunkett 'women's equality trumps it all'. So refreshing to hear a clear speaker.

Heard this earlier and totally agree. Saying it like it is, considered and respectful without any backtracking or waffling that we keep seeing politicians coming out with. I know he's able to speak more freely than frontbenchers but we are crying out for reasonable points like this.

This is what most of us have said here since the beginning really. Sex and gender are different and there's no escaping it.

Reactions: 15
I have just listened to the World at One thing someone posted here about the play, I really disagree with the interviewee, I totally welcome gender roles being challenged, men should be able to wear dresses or whatever they want, women should be breadwinners in a family and men stay at home. This is a TOTALLY differnet thing from letting men into women's bathrooms/prisons etc. The whole trans thing is pushing us back in terms of being able to do what we want in terms of clothes/jobs etc etc as either men or women snd pushing us back towards stereotypes. I think the whole interview just missed the point.
Women and men (imo) don't intrinsically "approach things differnently", we are brought up and conditioned by society to do so. The only exceptions are related to science, (very random example) but I remember moving into a flat with all men and one of the first things I realised was there was no bin in the bathroom, which I immediately bought. Something that none of them would have considered important.
Adding to the thing about "needing to change scripts etc for male/female roles, I remember listening to a podcast about the series Bob's Burgers (not sure anyone watches it, I do from time to time) but basically the series was written, all the script etc. and after they did so they decided to reverse all the dialogue, so the daughter had what was written for the son and vice versa, it is not at all obvious in any sense

• Heart
Reactions: 10
that’s brilliant. What is the muddy stilettos email?
Muddy Stilettos is just a website for women who don’t live in London. What’s on, restaurant reviews etc. (I joined for the competitions - I try and enter a couple of holiday comps a day, never won anything yet mind).

Reactions: 3
I think India Willoughby is confused. He doesn't have a proper, functioning bleep, but he is 100% more of a bleep than any biological woman.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Long rambling post incoming! Sorry!
I live in a fairly small seaside town in Devon. I'm tellling you that so you can all get an idea of how it is where I live.
I was in town today, a man in his probably 70s was walking in the opposite direction to me. He was in a dress and had long grey hair. But when I turned to go into a shop which made me cross his path
He stopped dead infront of me.
Not that 'awkward sorry we both changed directions walking dance side step' but gave me a death stare and said "what?" I said "oh sorry I'm going into this shop" He looked at me with disgust and said "WHAT? WHAT?!! oh you're transphobic". "duck you witch"
I didn't reply to him.
But the aggressive , and confrontational way he spoke to me for literally doing nothing made me reaffirm my belief that some men no matter how they rebrand themselves are stil deep down angry, confrontational, misogynists.
He's lucky he didn't say that to me 😡
He'd have received a rant in return!

Reactions: 11
Just seen, much as I hope many read this and peak, I could weep for all those poor women (and children) who will end up as collateral damage, they deserve so much better.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Just seen, much as I hope many read this and peak, I could weep for all those poor women (and children) who will end up as collateral damage, they deserve so much better.
Christ. That was hard to read. Female, vulnerable prisoners are going to pay the biggest price in all of this

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Christ. That was hard to read. Female, vulnerable prisoners are going to pay the biggest price in all of this
I just can't get my head around this. That's it's got so bad that a man's feelings are prioritised over vulnerable women's safety. Not just any man but A DOUBLE RAPIST IN A WOMEN'S JAIL! There could be rape victims in there traumatised by this news. Who will stop this madness?!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.