Gender Discussion #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet there will be loads who do it and think its funny without thinking of what this will mean for Women in politics going forward.
A lot of people will be unaware of what is going on - they will just see a 'celebrity' name and vote without any thought. Izzard will appear on shows like Lorraine (who is a handmaiden) in heels and lipstick - but even serious political programmes will give his AGP tendencies legitimacy by not questioning the TWAW narrative.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Is Sheffield Central where most of the University students live too? That could sway things (students being generally more left-wing, and lots of them totally on board with TRA stuff).

Reactions: 16
Random thought: I was looking at Dylan's old TIKTOKS and he has a video of him saying he's not actually 100% sure he's gay, even though that's all he would present himself as in his older videos and on the hashtags while just talking about all things gay.

And why is he talking about a woman getting him pregnant? is that meant to be funny? I think he has a fetish.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Just came across a discussion about "isn't it wonderful that Gen Z all have trans classmates now and just accept it as normal." Presenting it as a sign of social progress like Millennials having openly gay classmates when that was previously unheard of, or Gen X not having classmates who were disabled from polio. No, it's not wonderful, it's a form of social contagion. At one point someone said "when I was at school we didn't know being trans was an option!" well you don't have options, no one can choose their sex
This is the fundamental problem with all self-styled liberals (good people, on the right side of history etc etc). Totally lacking in critical faculties. Whoever decided to paint trans as the new gay was a genius.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Random thought: I was looking at Dylan's old TIKTOKS and he has a video of him saying he's not actually 100% sure he's gay, even though that's all he would present himself as in his older videos and on the hashtags while just talking about all things gay.

And why is he talking about a woman getting him pregnant? is that meant to be funny? I think he has a fetish.
I think Dylan is deeply mentally unwell and I suspect there's some homophobia in his family. I think he has a chronic need for attention and I don't think he has many real friends.

Reactions: 28
I think he has a chronic need for attention and I don't think he has many real friends.
And it’s a vicious circle, because claiming trans status gets instant approval and attention and entrenches people further into it. I think it was on the last thread when someone said a former friend claimed they were trans and used to come downstairs in a dress to try and shock everyone but when they got zero reaction to it, they stopped doing it and never mentioned it again.

Reactions: 21
I bet there will be loads who do it and think its funny without thinking of what this will mean for Women in politics going forward.
Its a dilemma, Re Eddie Izzard, In a way , if he didnt have all these stupid conceptions of girl mode and boy mode, he could be quite a good politician. He has been left wing and outspoken all his life. Previously, He was funny and not afraid to address stupidity in any of its forms.

But.......Im not keen on the interchangable boy mode, for films and to make himself money, and girl mode. Surely it would be more respectful towards women, and address the issue of the lack of women in politics, for him to deliberately go into boy mode as a politician?

Re Eddie Izzard, in his wikipedia article, it changes all his pronouns completely, so talks about his life as a child and his early career using female pronouns.

This makes no sense. Surely if you start life as a man, using male characteristics and gender, then your achievements should use the male pronouns, because you were male at the time.

You cant change identity mid life, and then go back and be a totally different gender when you were a child. That makes a nonsense of language.

And, I thought that Izzard had said he personally wasnt worried about which pronouns were used for him, and that he didnt need everything to be changed to use female pronouns, because he still intended to work as a man in boy mode?

JK Rowling isn't transphobic, says gender-fluid Eddie Izzard | Ents & Arts News | Sky News

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
It's the Gender Recognition Reform bill vote in the Scottish Parliament today and it looks like Nicola Sturgeon is going to whip it for SNP MSPs :(
Lib Dems, Greens, Labour all on board. Only Tories voting against. We've no chance :(

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I think the only kind of women Dyldo is interested in will be other be-penised women like himself.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
I dont really care in some respects what people like Eddie Izzard want to identify as.......

But I dont see why their lives or their decisions need to impact on mine in any way or form. So could someone ask he/she/it to start a campaign against the use of the horrendous, totally invented descriptor of 'cis'

I am not a 'cis' woman, I am a woman. I refuse to use this as a description for myself on forms, preferring to be other, rather than 'cis'

And.....surely if Eddie wants to campaign in Girl mode, then as someone who is identifying as a woman, he should be on the Labour party All women shortlist. If he doesnt want to be part of the All woman shortlist, then he should campaign as a man. There isnt in biology a third option! If this is an issue for him, or anyone else, then it needs to be an open current discussion point about what being trans means.

Is it about being a woman? Or is it about dressing up in dresses and lipstick, what used to be called cross dressing?

• Heart
Reactions: 16

lmao oh god this was the first Dylan video I saw. 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Ash Regan resigns rather than vote in favour of the Gender Recognition Reform Bill.

1666880856353.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
And.....surely if Eddie wants to campaign in Girl mode, then as someone who is identifying as a woman, he should be on the Labour party All women shortlist.
Nah, an all-women shortlist should (if it's going to exist at all) apply to biological women only.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.