Gender Discussion #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw that her brother was a partner of David Paisley, possibly the most misogynistic TRA around.

And a woman arrested for complaining about a bloke in the ladies loo. I just can't. 🤬
So now we are supposed to welcome any bloke in our toilets? I mean, if tomorrow a well known famous rapist enter female loos we are not supposed to say anything in case he is trans?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
So now we are supposed to welcome any bloke in our toilets? I mean, if tomorrow a well known famous rapist enter female loos we are not supposed to say anything in case he is trans?
I was about to say that a woman will need to be attacked for this madness to end, but actually I think even if (or realistically when) this happens it will just be a "not all trans women" reaction, as it is whenever men do anything

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I was about to say that a woman will need to be attacked for this madness to end, but actually I think even if (or realistically when) this happens it will just be a "not all trans women" reaction, as it is whenever men do anything
Women and girls have been attacked. TiM have even served time for it. The TRAs standard view seems to be "that was never a trans woman, just a predatory male in disguise" - which is kind of the very point those who defend sex based rights for women and girls are making.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Thats just gross.
I’m gonna get a necklace with a uterus on it just to rub it in their face that I have one😂
View attachment 1673737
Doesn’t look that bad tbh

Dylan with the president talking about wanting trans rights privileges
Biden really is bleeping thick. How did he get to be President? Its not about people being 'scared of what they don't know'. People complaining are concerned with men having access to women's spaces and sports teams etc 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Random question but what do you guys think of blaire white? If you don’t know, Blaire is a TIM who basically calls out the bs in the trans community.
5333E594-537D-42F7-A873-25370AD8296B.jpeg

Reactions: 4
My step daughter is gay. We dont really discuss gender/trans issues as she’s just not that interested in it but she shared this story on Sunday morning, totally unprompted. So, her and a few other lesbian friends went to a gay club in Cardiff on Friday night which had unisex toilets. As she was telling me her story, in a sentence that represents how most women feel about men in our toilets, she drops in that ‘obviously we were going to the toilet in pairs because they were unisex’. This wasn’t actually the point of her story, it was just to set the scene but how sad that they just accept that they have to go in pairs? Later in the evening after they’d had a few drinks she went to the loo on her own and bleeping SHOCK a man was lurking in there and accosted her. Another girl came in and, again her words, ‘we managed to get him off me’ and then she actually got to the point of her story which was that the girl who saved her was hot and was chatting her up and she might see her again etc etc 😂 Once she’d told me all about Hot Girl, I asked her a bit more about the club and the clientele. I was really saddened but not in the least bit surprised when she said that it was a lesbian night but there were lots of trans women there.

ETA: She was absolutely fine. She’s a tough cookie, I wouldn’t mess with her and she was much more focussed on the hottie who saved her but is this really how our young women have to live now? Just accepting that a world full of trans women means not going to the toilet by yourself and being ready to fight off these bleeping pricks who lurk in them if you do?

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
I sent in a complaint about Jordan Gray’s disgusting act and channel4’s response (a generic statement rather than replying to anything I’d said), was basically tough tit it was after the watershed so anything goes.
Didn’t expect anything else but at least I lodged my objection to the misogynistic content.
Sigh.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I sent in a complaint about Jordan Gray’s disgusting act and channel4’s response (a generic statement rather than replying to anything I’d said), was basically tough tit it was after the watershed so anything goes.
Didn’t expect anything else but at least I lodged my objection to the misogynistic content.
Sigh.
I wonder if it would be better instead of complaining, asking them to explain why it is acceptable to flash on TV without consent but not OK anywhere else.

Here are their own guidelines Sex & Nudity | Channel 4

ETA What is the difference between what John Barrowman did and Jordan Gray

Reactions: 18
My step daughter is gay. We dont really discuss gender/trans issues as she’s just not that interested in it but she shared this story on Sunday morning, totally unprompted. So, her and a few other lesbian friends went to a gay club in Cardiff on Friday night which had unisex toilets. As she was telling me her story, in a sentence that represents how most women feel about men in our toilets, she drops in that ‘obviously we were going to the toilet in pairs because they were unisex’. This wasn’t actually the point of her story, it was just to set the scene but how sad that they just accept that they have to go in pairs? Later in the evening after they’d had a few drinks she went to the loo on her own and bleeping SHOCK a man was lurking in there and accosted her. Another girl came in and, again her words, ‘we managed to get him off me’ and then she actually got to the point of her story which was that the girl who saved her was hot and was chatting her up and she might see her again etc etc 😂 Once she’d told me all about Hot Girl, I asked her a bit more about the club and the clientele. I was really saddened but not in the least bit surprised when she said that it was a lesbian night but there were lots of trans women there.

ETA: She was absolutely fine. She’s a tough cookie, I wouldn’t mess with her and she was much more focussed on the hottie who saved her but is this really how our young women have to live now? Just accepting that a world full of trans women means not going to the toilet by yourself and being ready to fight off these bleeping pricks who lurk in them if you do?
When I was young and hanging out in nightclubs, we went to the toilet in pairs so that we could gossip, fix our hair and share our make-up. It wouldn't have crossed our minds that we may encounter a man in our toilets, men would never have ventured in there, it was hallowed ground. It seems to me that young women are just expected to accept that men will be in their spaces now, and that they need to make their own arrangements to ensure their safety, because the law is not going to protect them.

So, after sufferage, feminism, women Prime Ministers, a female head of state for over 70 years, and the Equalities Act, we still have to use public toilets in pairs, because we're not allowed to stop men from using them. Now that's what I call progress! 🙄😡

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
When I was young and hanging out in nightclubs, we went to the toilet in pairs so that we could gossip, fix our hair and share our make-up. It wouldn't have crossed our minds that we may encounter a man in our toilets, men would never have ventured in there, it was hallowed ground. It seems to me that young women are just expected to accept that men will be in their spaces now, and that they need to make their own arrangements to ensure their safety, because the law is not going to protect them.

So, after sufferage, feminism, women Prime Ministers, a female head of state for over 70 years, and the Equalities Act, we still have to use public toilets in pairs, because we're not allowed to stop men from using them. Now that's what I call progress! 🙄😡
God you are so right. This is what it comes down to - safeguarding ourselves but the law won’t protect us.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Random question but what do you guys think of blaire white? If you don’t know, Blaire is a TIM who basically calls out the bs in the trans community.
View attachment 1674962
Blaire is ok. But a hypocrite in a lot of ways. Slags off the deranged TIMs and mocks the ones who will never pass. But believes he is true trans and above the rest because of so called passing and admitting the truth of being born male. I think a lot of it is growing up in a homophobic environment and feeling he can’t be openly flamboyant as a man. I think a lot of unhappiness lurks beneath the cover. As a man he was very good looking with a nice mans angular face and a jaw most men would love to have. All the surgery now is too much and is starting to look just like a drag queen.

Reactions: 6

So, what if two men go in, does that mean women have to go in as a trio. It’s farcical isn’t it?

• Sad
Reactions: 7

We used to go in the girls toilets to escape the creepy men. It was a go to excuse “oh we’re just going to the ladies….” Now what? They’d come with you? That was the number 1 escape route 😰😰😰

• Sad
Reactions: 21
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
We used to go in the girls toilets to escape the creepy men. It was a go to excuse “oh we’re just going to the ladies….” Now what? They’d come with you? That was the number 1 escape route 😰😰😰
They've always been a refuge, haven't they? A women's space, a place where men never go. Mind you, I thought the same about rape crisis centres, but we all know how that panned out 😡😡😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

I don't want to be negative, but actually when I was a teenager etc we also went to the toilet together to defend ourselves against men aong the way, but as you say, it never would have occured to us to then get into the loos and find men there as well. Speaking to my mum *born in the 1950s) she just despairs of what is happening now

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Just got served up a Mermaids ad on Facebook for their anti "conversion therapy" petition - I clicked through because I'm petty and I know they get charged for clicks by Facebook ads. It's so misleading:

"No child should be tortured for being who they are. And yet, LGBTQIA+ children in the UK are still being subjected to the abhorrent practice known as conversion ‘therapy’. [What about the abhorrent practice of chopping healthy bits off or giving them drugs that will sterilise them/make them lose the ability to orgasm and quite possibly put them in an early grave].

Trans children are being told that they should be ashamed just for being themselves. Instead of help and support, they’re subjected to cruelty and abuse. The emotional scars can stay with people for a lifetime." [being yourself doesn't mean lying to yourself].

SHEESH.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.