Gender Discussion #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know ‘won’t somebody think of the children!’ Is a trope of pearl clutching - but never is it more apt than here

Reactions: 19
Furore about Mrs Brown's Boys apparently being 'transphobic' as it's a man playing a woman, What a beautiful irony and chance for them to be hoisted by their own petard. By definition then, being trans is transphobic and drag queens should be banned. All the bleeping lolz.
My only issue with Mrs Brown's Boys is that it's not actually remotely funny but whatever 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Mermaids seem to be saying they have closed their "helpline" because of abuse.

They may be confusing people objecting to their practices as abuse.

They may have done zero background checks on volunteers

Volunteers may have left a sinking ship

They could be under pressure from CC to close shop but are trying to save face.

Interesting

They are getting their excuses in early so that when they are shut down they can claim that they were the victims of a transphobic smear campaign and were bullied into closure by evil bigots.

This is step one in creating ‘evidence’ to that effect. Because of course no one knows what has been said via the helpline, so it’s unprovable either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Have a look at the Jessica Alves thread. 😊
Women getting fed up with men pretending to be women.
Women peaking every day. Chuffed to see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Furore about Mrs Brown's Boys apparently being 'transphobic' as it's a man playing a woman, What a beautiful irony and chance for them to be hoisted by their own petard. By definition then, being trans is transphobic and drag queens should be banned. All the bleeping lolz.
Transphobic? Nope.

Shite? Absolutely.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Danny La Rue, Hinge and Bracket, Les Dawson & Roy Barraclough must have all been transphobic too then, by their batshit logic.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Thank you for sharing this with us. I am glad to see more women peaking because what is happening in the name of this movement is having an awful, awful impact on women. I did cry at one of the posts in that thread who talked about womanhood and experiences of being a woman - especially this part: "When the facts are all we really want is to be loved and wanted and appreciated for our contribution to our families life. And most of the time we don’t get that."

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Somehow this ticks all the boxes. Angry foul mouthed transwoman in a wheelchair goes to a furry convention and screams "f@ggots". Furries aren't having it.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Somehow this ticks all the boxes. Angry foul mouthed transwoman in a wheelchair goes to a furry convention and screams "f@ggots". Furries aren't having it.

There's nothing wrong with that bleep. Wheelchair for benefits.
I know someone who needs a chair and if he had fallen out of it would be in agony. Paramedics called.
Did you see that bleep momentarily go to stand up to attack that other bloke? Then he remembers & makes a play of bum-shuffling. I've been around invalids long enough to call that bleep out for what he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
[

How can we support her? I buy every book she writes but what more can I do?
Send her an email she wont read it but her team will be able to reassure her that she speaks for so many of us. I got a lovely response.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Why is the (unfunny to me, I admit) Mrs Browns Boys problematic but yet drag acts are fabulous, inclusive, child friendly and every bleeping where?
I very much suspect it’s because Mrs Browns Boys isn’t ‘sexy’ and ‘glamorous’ and ‘adult’. All entertainment nowadays seems to have to revolve around shagging, wanking and overinflated caricature body parts.
Thank you for sharing this with us. I am glad to see more women peaking because what is happening in the name of this movement is having an awful, awful impact on women. I did cry at one of the posts in that thread who talked about womanhood and experiences of being a woman - especially this part: "When the facts are all we really want is to be loved and wanted and appreciated for our contribution to our families life. And most of the time we don’t get that."
That’s exactly how I feel a lot of the time. I’ve given up the last twenty years of my life on bringing up my children, one of whom has a severe learning disability and will require care for the rest of my life. I feel society views women in my age group as worthless ‘Karen’s’ yet it’s us that have been holding families and homes together, taking care of others and doing thankless jobs for low wages. It’s soul destroying.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
This is completely off topic, but I mentioned earlier in this thread that I am planning on ttyc in the next six months or so. I just got a potential job lead through a contact who'll recommend me - salary good, remote, team I know well, fits my skill set. I checked the maternity benefits and this multi-billion dollar institution has the GALL to call itself "family-friendly" when it offers a WHOLE TWO WEEKS paid leave (which is served concurrently, not in addition to, the short term disability leave which is 2/3 of the salary and I am unclear from the complicated maths how long that is)

For what it's worth, this means my husband would get more paid parental leave by a whole ten weeks than I would. I am just going to cry in american.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
This is completely off topic, but I mentioned earlier in this thread that I am planning on ttyc in the next six months or so. I just got a potential job lead through a contact who'll recommend me - salary good, remote, team I know well, fits my skill set. I checked the maternity benefits and this multi-billion dollar institution has the GALL to call itself "family-friendly" when it offers a WHOLE TWO WEEKS paid leave (which is served concurrently, not in addition to, the short term disability leave which is 2/3 of the salary and I am unclear from the complicated maths how long that is)

For what it's worth, this means my husband would get more paid parental leave by a whole ten weeks than I would. I am just going to cry in american.
In France it’s 16 weeks for a paid leave for the mother, 25 days for the father. (It’s more for the second child etc.) Then, if the parents want, they have 3 years (in total, they can share of not etc.) when they receive a bit of money from the government if they want to stay at home raising the child.

Moreover, all parents receive money from the government every month, they have tax advantages, money to pay for the nannies etc.

Reactions: 6
I’ve never seen a woman dress like that to the gym in my life. 😂😂😂

Reactions: 3
Seen on twitter
Can’t operate in the UK anymore, has to do it from Spain due to being found guilty of malpractice and now obviously terrified the gravy train of Mermaids referrals will cut off their income source. “Doctor” Webberley, here’s some straws 🍹🥤🧃for you to desperately clutch.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.