Gender Discussion #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The moment that Macy spoke out, we all knew the sort of threats and bullying she would get (from individuals and the media). Most of us have been following this online for months/years. We knew exactly what would happen.

I don't think she knew.

If she's just casually thought about this on her own and mentioned it on the PM show off-handedly, she would have been totally unprepared for what was coming towards her.

And at the end of the day, she's a famous Black woman, being sent scores of death threats from White men in a country with a gun violence epidemic. It must have been terrifying.

If Google is to be believed she's got plenty money. I don't think she's backpeddled to gain fame/money. I think it is fear.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It's all so incredibly depressing. Over the years I remember how overwhelming it felt when I really thought about what it is like to be female in much of the world, and now in 2022 it is getting worse.

Society has replaced a mindless belief in God with a mindless belief that whatever men tell us about themselves is true and they're clearly delighted they've managed to bend society's perception of reality to their will. Same as they've always done. 100 years ago we were too weak and feeble to vote, now we're not even trusted to be able to identify human sex, the foundation of the species. Just burn the bleeping world down.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
100 years ago we were too weak and feeble to vote, now we're not even trusted to be able to identify human sex, the foundation of the species. Just burn the bleeping world down.
This is the fight we have now. And in some ways we're better equipped to fight it than women a hundred years ago were.

In some ways I think the handmaidens had so much privilege that they didn't even realise it was there. Which makes it easy to throw it away. They know nothing about the fight for women's sex based rights. And they don't have the education to see past surface situations to what's really going on behind the scenes.

These are the women and men that we need to wake up. We have to keep pushing the truth. Explain that sex is the important characteristic, not gender.

I decided a few years ago that this is the hill I die on. I'm never going to back down.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Well @Cassandra333 I for one am SO glad that you speak your mind. I’ve learned so much from your posts in this forum, you’ve managed to articulate beautifully so many of the things that have been niggling away in my brains recently about these issues.

So thank you!!!

I started out as a trans ally. Then one day on Twatter, I started to see a lot of memes. They said stuff like 'Stab a Terf', 'Kill a Terf' and 'Hang a Terf'.
So I put out a tweet saying 'I fully support trans people but violence against women is wrong'. I thought it was innocuous enough.

Then the replies came. I was called a bigot, a transphobe and a Nazi. And suddenly my eyes were open . I started looking into it and started tweeting the reality. I went from having 30 followers to well over 1K in a few months because women (and men) were waking up all over the country. Of course I was banned from Twatter because of biological reality not meeting their pseudo science demands.
Women don't have dicks. Those people are called men. We don't want them in our spaces for obvious reasons. But apparently that's transphobic and hateful.

It always amuses me when people sling 'you're hateful' at me. They only say it because they're full of hate. Hate and envy and jealousy and most of all misogyny. Most of the insults from the TRA's are projection, imo. They can't stand the truth.

Also when Twatter talks about protected groups, they don't include sex. So they don't care about threats/hate speech/ etc when it comes to women. As can be seen by their actions. Twatter really are a bunch of twats.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I agree I feel for Macy. It must be terrifying getting all this abuse and threats, I’ve often thought how brave JK is - she has children to think about. I would be scared as a mother. The bullying and threats these women receive is absolutely disgusting, and the fact that it’s allowed to happen is just unbelievable.

Reactions: 27
It's all so incredibly depressing. Over the years I remember how overwhelming it felt when I really thought about what it is like to be female in much of the world, and now in 2022 it is getting worse.

Society has replaced a mindless belief in God with a mindless belief that whatever men tell us about themselves is true and they're clearly delighted they've managed to bend society's perception of reality to their will. Same as they've always done. 100 years ago we were too weak and feeble to vote, now we're not even trusted to be able to identify human sex, the foundation of the species. Just burn the bleeping world down.
Things are for sure getting worse for women everywhere. We are definitely slipping backwards and it's hard to know what to do about it.
The power, entitlement and smugness of these men sickens me, they know they are bleeping untouchable and can weasel their way into where they are not wanted, where they don't belong.

Reactions: 17
Macy is also in America where far fewer people are standing up for this and unbelievably I’ve seen black women commentators coming after Macy Grey in defence of these mostly white TIMs. In no other circumstance would that happen.

The UK is not called terf island for nothing, more and more people are seeing what is going on. Stonewall overreached.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Why isn't the bullying and harassment of Macy Gray being condemned? Why does she have to apologise for her opinion? Or explain herself at all?
Because the trans cult have captured basically all liberal, left-leaning people, which includes mainstream media. It’s actually scary how quickly the mob assembles. Society is screwed if no one can speak simple truths in public.

This is apt:

939091B6-1FFF-44C4-A8A6-4AA1592089DE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Things are for sure getting worse for women everywhere. We are definitely slipping backwards and it's hard to know what to do about it.
The power, entitlement and smugness of these men sickens me, they know they are bleeping untouchable and can weasel their way into where they are not wanted, where they don't belong.
It's not hard to know what to do about it. We fight back. We refuse to accept this dogma. We stand up for women's sex based rights which are enshrined in law.

We can start small. Like posting anonymously in this thread. We can post in other places, anonymously if you have to. First of all we must keep ourselves safe. We can keep our arguments at the ready. We can talk about it with trusted friends and family members.

We can support people who are out there at the front lines. Kellie Jay Keen for example. She's been accused of getting into bed with American right wingers. KJK fights on one issue alone. Women are adult human females. She doesn't care about the politics of people standing with her. She's also been accused of Islamophobia because she spoke about the grooming gangs before they were plastered all over the media. Basically she called out perverted men who were raping young children. And she was berated for it.

Look at people like Graham Linehan who was cancelled for standing up for women's sex based rights.

Ignore the politics of people and support them in the fight to retain women's sex based rights. But do write to your MP and local councillers. I'm more than happy to write a letter you can adapt and copy if you don't feel you can write one.

There is so much each of us can do. And it will all add up.

Other women faced far greater harm in the fight for women's rights. So do what you can, however small. Don't let them win.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Has anyone seen this shitshow? I thought it was a joke. It isn’t.

I should have known - the “trans girl” rite of passage, a selfie in a ladies bathroom.

FA00CB25-CB03-4678-85F3-5DAE66655C4D.jpeg

The FAWNING though:

81F79697-F92F-46C8-A08E-A007F6B0AC49.jpeg

I LOVE your hideous outfit! Please give me fashion tips, hee hee 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

It's exhausting and partially why I took a bit of a step back lately, and I've noticed a few regular posters on here seem to have done the same ☹ very grateful this thread exists, its reminded me I'm not completely barking mad for thinking these things.

The moment that Macy spoke out, we all knew the sort of threats and bullying she would get (from individuals and the media). Most of us have been following this online for months/years. We knew exactly what would happen.

I don't think she knew.

If she's just casually thought about this on her own and mentioned it on the PM show off-handedly, she would have been totally unprepared for what was coming towards her.

And at the end of the day, she's a famous Black woman, being sent scores of death threats from White men in a country with a gun violence epidemic. It must have been terrifying.

If Google is to be believed she's got plenty money. I don't think she's backpeddled to gain fame/money. I think it is fear.
I've seen some discussion around how it's "even more disappointing" because she's a black woman. TRAs are obsessed with conflating race and gender. There has never been any question about black women being women, they are our sisters, always have been and will be.

I should have known - the “trans girl” rite of passage, a selfie in a ladies bathroom.

View attachment 1401388

The FAWNING though:

View attachment 1401390

I know it's crass but ew. That has put me off my lunch. Bald bloke wears a skirt in the women's bathroom - but don't you dare question it! Trans women are women!!!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Going back a few pages but the article about the Pritzkers and “SSI” (I think it was) is terrifying. Absolutely terrifying. How can people have so much power? It makes me think there is no way to fight this. I’m so glad I don’t have daughters but I’m scared for my sons anyway. Stop the world, I want to get off 😔

Reactions: 12
Refinery29 are at it again! They're now trying to gaslight lesbian women into believing men with a cock and balls are women

Hate to break it to them, but this isn't a myth at all. Lesbians have said many times that they've been hounded for not wanting to sleep with a bloke in a dress.

I think, during my more accepting days (you know, "live and let live"), I'd have given a trans lesbian woman a pass. But now the blinkers are off and I see it for what it is - men with fetishes trying to worm their way into a group of women that they otherwise would never have access to. I'm sick of women standing up for this tit and allowing trans women into lesbian spaces - duck off and get your own space and stop expecting women to do the work for you.
Half the time judging by the evidence its not even men with fetishes it's men that cannot get sex normally so they think lets identify as lesbians instead. Due to this be kind.....liberal nonsense woman are pressured

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 17

I don't think she knew.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head as regards being a black woman in a country with a terrifying gun problem.

Look at the recent doxxing of JKR’s home address, the pipe bomb threat she received last week, the aforementioned rape threats against Maz Evans’ daughter along with proof that she was easily findable.

I can only imagine the hate Macy has received, and in a country where inadequate white men regularly vent their frustrations via mass shootings, I’d be utterly petrified if I was her.

I don’t think it’s fair for anyone to minimise her legitimate concerns for the safety of herself and those around her as being fiscally motivated.

View attachment 1401388

The FAWNING though:

View attachment 1401390

This HAS to be satire, surely?! 😱

Reactions: 16
It's not hard to know what to do about it. We fight back. We refuse to accept this dogma. We stand up for women's sex based rights which are enshrined in law.

We can start small. Like posting anonymously in this thread. We can post in other places, anonymously if you have to. First of all we must keep ourselves safe. We can keep our arguments at the ready. We can talk about it with trusted friends and family members.

We can support people who are out there at the front lines. Kellie Jay Keen for example. She's been accused of getting into bed with American right wingers. KJK fights on one issue alone. Women are adult human females. She doesn't care about the politics of people standing with her. She's also been accused of Islamophobia because she spoke about the grooming gangs before they were plastered all over the media. Basically she called out perverted men who were raping young children. And she was berated for it.

Look at people like Graham Linehan who was cancelled for standing up for women's sex based rights.

Ignore the politics of people and support them in the fight to retain women's sex based rights. But do write to your MP and local councillers. I'm more than happy to write a letter you can adapt and copy if you don't feel you can write one.

There is so much each of us can do. And it will all add up.

Other women faced far greater harm in the fight for women's rights. So do what you can, however small. Don't let them win.
You are 100% right, it's just so disheartening when anytime someone in the public eye gets slapped back for speaking up.
I talk as much as I can with friends/family about it, with one pal in particular it's pretty much all we talk about, she's as angry as me, I love her to bits! 😆
I get the feeling that a lot of women are just so freaking busy with jobs, kids, housework and caring for others they maybe they don't feel like they have the time or energy to take on this war - these ordinary everyday women are so essential to get on board with it, the twitter transwomen have nothing but free time to push their agenda.
We have to keep up the good fight, if we don't who else is going to do it for us?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Half the time judging by the evidence its not even men with fetishes it's men that cannot get sex normally so they think lets identify as lesbians instead. Due to this be kind.....liberal nonsense woman are pressured

If that's not a selection of the most duck-ugly men I've ever seen in my life 😂.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
It's exhausting and partially why I took a bit of a step back lately, and I've noticed a few regular posters on here seem to have done the same ☹ very grateful this thread exists, its reminded me I'm not completely barking mad for thinking these things.
I do recommend taking a break from GC stuff to people when they need to (I've done it myself a few times). It's an important fight but you can't pour from an empty cup and sometimes it's worth having a few weeks to recharge.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head as regards being a black woman in a country with a terrifying gun problem.

Look at the recent doxxing of JKR’s home address, the pipe bomb threat she received last week, the aforementioned rape threats against Maz Evans’ daughter along with proof that she was easily findable.

I can only imagine the hate Macy has received, and in a country where inadequate white men regularly vent their frustrations via mass shootings, I’d be utterly petrified if I was her.

I don’t think it’s fair for anyone to minimise her legitimate concerns for the safety of herself and those around her as being fiscally motivated.
I liked this person's take on it

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It feels impossible to get away from. I'm considering throwing my phone in the canal for some relief 😂😭.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.