Gender Discussion #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think he can make his mind up, or he just says anything for attention.

For example, there’s this:

But then I recall him saying something ridiculous about how it was wrong to exclude trans women from womens sport due to physical advantage, because some people grew up with the ‘advantage’ of living nearer to a swimming pool than others so they could train more, so there are all kinds of unfair advantages in sport 😆
Actually it could have been about pronoun tit. I think he said there's straight or gay and that's it.

Reactions: 5
I think some women/men have become more vehement about refusing to use some trans peoples, chosen pronouns, eg deliberately calling Lia Thomas, the swimmer, he, rather than going along with the accepted convention of calling Lia Thomas, she.

This kind of thing is deliberately antagonising the conversation, because it isnt being polite or kind, to individuals who may have major mental health issues and need a lot of help.....but........ I do understand why some people end up feeling like this, and deliberately saying this kind of thing.
Liar Thomas isn’t a great example of a TIM who honorary female pronouns.

He looks and acts like an entitled, perverted man, he invaded women’s sport and destroyed the competition, and worst of all he forced those women to change with him and exposed them to the sight of his genitals.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
But then I recall him saying something ridiculous about how it was wrong to exclude trans women from womens sport due to physical advantage, because some people grew up with the ‘advantage’ of living nearer to a swimming pool than others so they could train more, so there are all kinds of unfair advantages in sport 😆
My mistake, it was ski slopes, not swimming pools.

The Africa comment is more than a bit dodgy! 🙄

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Ski slopes, good one George 😂😂😂 idiot.

Anyone seen ads for fabletics pop up? They have one for womens sports bra and pants and one of the models is a guy (tw?) with a bulge. Bit of a 😯 when I was scrolling through the size options. Just bizarre times we’re living in. Truly.

• Sick
  • Wow
He tweeted this in January of this year (though it seems he has now deleted it so perhaps he’s had a change of heart). Handily Marilyn came along to hand his arse to him (‘Widow Twanky’ 😆)

And there’s some other stuff from a couple of years ago too.
“None of us are our physical form”

Easy for an entitled male to say, he’s never spent his entire life knowing that half the population is 3x stronger than him and want to hunt him.

Reactions: 23
Liar Thomas isn’t a great example of a TIM who honorary female pronouns.

He looks and acts like an entitled, perverted man, he invaded women’s sport and destroyed the competition, and worst of all he forced those women to change with him and exposed them to the sight of his genitals.
Erect genitals from what I read.

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
“None of us are our physical form”

Easy for an entitled male to say, he’s never spent his entire life knowing that half the population is 3x stronger than him and want to hunt him.
“None of us are our physical form” is somewhat glib for an entitled male to say when he has a served a prison sentence for imprisoning and assaulting a sex worker - if no-one is their physical form, then he didn’t chain up & beat anyone, eh?

• Angry
Reactions: 21
Ski slopes, good one George 😂😂😂 idiot.

Anyone seen ads for fabletics pop up? They have one for womens sports bra and pants and one of the models is a guy (tw?) with a bulge. Bit of a 😯 when I was scrolling through the size options. Just bizarre times we’re living in. Truly.
I did a few days ago - and seen some brands (beauty and fashion) use trans women models - I think it's another way for brands to make money and be seen as 'positive,' inclusive and of the zeitgeist etc. in the same way they'll use a token Black, Asian or mixed-race model to tick their diversity box

• Sick
  • Sad
If gender is a feeling, a social construct rather than biology, why does that feeling need affirming through physical changes?

Reactions: 25
I don’t think he can make his mind up, or he just says anything for attention.

For example, there’s this:

By that logic I guess that makes Boy George a plumber then as he has such an advantage with radiators…

edit: @ButtonDownTheHutches only just saw you already mentioned it!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
None of us are our physical form eh George…tell that to the women being persecuted by the Taliban purely because of their physical form. Dick.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
None of us are our physical form eh George…tell that to the women being persecuted by the Taliban purely because of their physical form. Dick.
Including the girls who suffer the mutilation of FGM purely because of their physical form. Mutilation performed by women on girls to make them "perfect" for men. Abhorrent.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

She looks utterly broken. She tried so hard to phrase it every way possible in the first couple of minutes but they got her at the end.

Compare and contrast the GC comments still showing her love with the original TRA comments showing her hate and it makes me pleased I'm on this side.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

She looks utterly broken. She tried so hard to phrase it every way possible in the first couple of minutes but they got her at the end.

Compare and contrast the GC comments still showing her love with the original TRA comments showing her hate and it makes me pleased I'm on this side.
This is so sad. I feel bad for her, goes to show how nasty the TRAs are. This will probably stop other celebs saying something now 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 26
I'm getting so fed up of this oppression of factspeaking women. Or simply women with a difference of opinion. Glad Maya Forstater won her case. The judge spoke sense that despite gender-critical opinions potentially being offensive or distressing to others they must be tolerated in a pluralist society. In a nutshell!

Reactions: 23

I was thinking about this story this morning. It isn't the same thing, but it is what can happen when people are so convinced about their moral crusade.

We're seeing increasing physical attacks on women at feminist rallies (not even at GC rallies, at generic feminist rallies) and lesbians at pride marches.

It feels like only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt, and the people online will crow about how great that is.

Then, one evening, her zealous son accused her of tacitly criticising Mao. The family row spiralled rapidly: Fang called for the return of purged leaders and attacked Mao for his personality cult. "I warned her: 'If you go against our dear Chairman Mao I will smash your dog head,'" Zhang said, at times reading from his father's testimony. "I felt this wasn't my mother. This wasn't a person. She suddenly became a monster … She had become a class enemy and opened her bloody mouth."

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Macy shouldn't have backed down, you can see in that interview that she doesn't believe what she's saying, she told the truth first time around. She won't be forgiven by the TRA extremists anyway so by going back on what she said she has now too alienated the very people she was trying to stand up for, it's a lose-lose situation for her. I hate that people can't have opinions anymore, how smug was that presenter BTW? Basically asking her if she's learned her lesson for having her own opinion 🙄

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.