Was it yourself that lives in the US and was thinking about starting a family? Hope you don’t mind me asking, I just remember some posts from last year. I could have you mixed up with someone else though, if so, sorry.
I don’t follow this family and knew nothing until it was mentioned here. Had a look on their pages and oh wow. That poor boy. Would probably grow up to be a gay man, like so many little boys before him who is drawn to ‘feminine’ things. It is literally easier for idiot parents to accept their boy is a girl, than to just accept him as he is, an effeminate boy. I find it pretty sad and kind of scary the way homosexuality is being slowly erased.
Not that I’m saying sexuality should have anything to do with this kid, but a lot of kids you can tell what they’ll be when they are older. Adults can probably spot it before the kids know themselves. I know a young kid (boy) it’s quite obvious and I think his parents can see it too but like to push the ‘little ladies man’ angle, I think they don’t want it to be true.
No, but I do live in the US and I've posted before about how I ended up here! Oldest had a very brief foray into thinking they were trans. (Only using "they" to remain as anonymous as possible!) Our immediate reaction was to find out why, explore possible reasons for why they felt out of sorts with their body, talk to their current therapist about it, etc. We offered small things that could be done in the privacy of our home if they wished to explore different parts of being the other gender. I'd always been woker than woke about trans rights before this, but once I heard my child parroting other people's words to try and describe their own feelings, I started looking into this whole world more closely. I was horrified by what I found.
As to the therapy thing I mentioned, we looked into equine therapy as a way to help our child learn to be in their body and appreciate it for what it is (a healthy body to carry them around!) The therapist IMMEDIATELY, having NEVER met me or my child, got on my case about even QUESTIONING their feelings. Basically laid the whole suicidal trans kid thing on me. I was appalled. Thankfully, we share a regular therapist and she 100% agreed with me that there was more going on.
This was over a year ago and they haven't ever mentioned it again. They got into theater and found something to interest them once our Covid restrictions were lifted and they weren't stuck in the house/online so much. I think that helped more than anything! Now, they could come back to me at some point and start back up with this. But my husband and I made it clear there would be no puberty blockers (useless anyway as they were already well into puberty at that point), hormones, or (god forbid) surgery until after they turned 18. Time will tell, but I hope and pray every day that the way we handled it and our therapist backing us helped them see it was just normal teen anxiety and feeling uncomfortable in a changing body, plus not feeling like they were into the things their gender traditionally likes. We just reassured them anybody can like anything, dress how they want, etc and there's no need to say you're the opposite sex to do those things!
Was it yourself that lives in the US and was thinking about starting a family? Hope you don’t mind me asking, I just remember some posts from last year. I could have you mixed up with someone else though, if so, sorry.
I don’t follow this family and knew nothing until it was mentioned here. Had a look on their pages and oh wow. That poor boy. Would probably grow up to be a gay man, like so many little boys before him who is drawn to ‘feminine’ things. It is literally easier for idiot parents to accept their boy is a girl, than to just accept him as he is, an effeminate boy. I find it pretty sad and kind of scary the way homosexuality is being slowly erased.
Not that I’m saying sexuality should have anything to do with this kid, but a lot of kids you can tell what they’ll be when they are older. Adults can probably spot it before the kids know themselves. I know a young kid (boy) it’s quite obvious and I think his parents can see it too but like to push the ‘little ladies man’ angle, I think they don’t want it to be true.
I agree. We've often thought our oldest may be gay, and that would help explain why they thought being trans would explain/fix all their problems. They told their therapist they were aromantic/asexual after the whole trans thing.

I honestly think kids these days are just DESPERATE to put labels on themselves. My husband didn't date until he was in his late teens/early twenties! Anyway, Eduardo also strikes me as very "camp" and I hope that's not offensive. I know plenty of young boys who were like that and grew up well-adjusted and gay.